World's most harmfully divisive demographic?

Which demographic is the most harmfully divisive?

• Total voters
Of course the argument can be made that failing to acknowledge the validity of the outcomes of the demographic differences is even more damaging to national unity than acknowledging that those wildly different outcomes exist, too.

• Banned
Of course the argument can be made that failing to acknowledge the validity of the outcomes of the demographic differences is even more damaging to national unity than acknowledging that those wildly different outcomes exist, too.

National unity?

Methinks we're on different pages concerning the nature of the question. But that's ok too I suppose.

It has to be religion, always has been and will remain so until it or mankind no longer exists.

Methinks we're on different pages concerning the nature of the question. But that's ok too I suppose.

Probably true.

I didn't really understand your question, I think.

Recognizing that there ARE divisions in society (by class, race, gender and so forth) isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We are STILL pretending that we are a classless society, and that everyone with a salary ranging from the low teens to the high six figures is really in the middle class.

In the context of "global," it would have to be nationality. National borders are the dividing lines for the globe. Your other categories cross those lines in one form or another.

It's interesting that you think national borders are harmful to mankind.

How about people? After all, each category has been used by a certain group to persecute others. And each category has been used for thousands of years. Until we realize we are different and its okay to be different, we're always going to have problems with this.

It's interesting that you think national borders are harmful to mankind.

Not really any more interesting than your question itself, nor the choices you have made available.

For instance, had you given "intolerance" as a choice, I'd have picked it in a minute. None of your choices are a problem without it.

Not really any more interesting than your question itself, nor the choices you have made available.

For instance, had you given "intolerance" as a choice, I'd have picked it in a minute. None of your choices are a problem without it.

Great point. Great. It covers race, religion and nationality.

I don't think tolerance covers the issue of the haves vs. the have nots, though. Class was actually going to be my first choice, but in discussing the issue, my opinion got changed.

Great point. Great. It covers race, religion and nationality.

I don't think tolerance covers the issue of the haves vs. the have nots, though. Class was actually going to be my first choice, but in discussing the issue, my opinion got changed.

Tolerance is the one denominator common to all the differences. While class may be inherently divisive, it is not inherently harmfully divisive. Intolerance STILL has to come into play in order for it to be harmful.

Class is not a global constant, either. Class is usually defined at the national/societal/regional level.

Tolerance is the one denominator common to all the differences. While class may be inherently divisive, it is not inherently harmfully divisive. Intolerance STILL has to come into play in order for it to be harmful.

Class is not a global constant, either. Class is usually defined at the national/societal/regional level.

Class is poor people seeing what rich people have and not being able to obtain it. Tolerance isn't the solution for that... .social justice is.

The most harmful divide in our society is that between those who are willing to let me fail and those who try to take my money because they think they know how to spend it better than I do.

It all boils down to the us vs. them mentality. The closest you come with your choices is class, which encompasses all the other choices.

Silly question, really, even excusing you for leaving out gender.

Evolution is what it is.

There would be no devisive issues if there were no real divides, folks.

Now that's not a call for a communist government or anything, but it just seems to me that just because an issue is devisive doesn't mean that it's bad.

When the Blacks demanded equal rights, it was a devisive issue.

Should they have been too polite to upset us by to complain about their plight, or something?

Now that's not a call for a communist government or anything
Here here for Fascis... errr uh, I mean Anarachism!

but it just seems to me that just because an issue is devisive doesn't mean that it's bad.
The herd hates you.

Should they have been too polite to upset us by to complain about their plight, or something?
Well it is the English way after all.

Forum List

Back