Zone1 Divisive is not always bad

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
The word Divisive gets tossed around a lot and used as an insult, but really, there is a time to be divisive--

like when people are misleading others and it appears to be (but is not) divisive to show those misled or possibly misled people the RIGHT way.

When a person stands up for truth, that is divisive. But what should we do, not stand up for truth?

Of course, when you stand up for truth, you are going to go against a lot of people. Ask Trump what happens to people who go against, say,

a big corrupt system...

So yeh... Like any word in the English or any other language, a word can connotate something good or something not so good.

Jesus is the best example anyone can think of. He stood up to the Pharisees and scribes and everyone else. He was even sometimes seemingly rude to his disciples "Get behind me, Satan" he said while looking at Peter! Yikes.

But Peter was faithful to Him and died just like Him...

So anyhow, you could definitely say that Jesus could be called Divisive...

Last edited:
But Peter was faithful to Him and died just like Him...
Just wrecked the better side of Js teachings by ganging up with Paul to produce an absurd Cult Church which the Essene Priest specifically did not want .

The Sword of the Gospel

(Luke 12:49-53)

34Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword. 35For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's enemies shall be they of his own household.

JESUS!

You are SO divisive!

:oops:

Forum List

Back