Working to cope with climate change

It's obvious that you don't do science. Those desert nightime are brilliant work. You didn't read it or couldn't hack the trivial math or don't know the diff between science and what you call "an opinion piece".

Let me just clue you in.. I've got over 25 years in advanced research and development. (not in this field tho) I've given invited papers at some of the most prestigous shindigs in my fields. I know how science works. And you're bluffing.

If your postings are any reflection of the character and quality of your academic and professional work, color me quite unimpressed and underwhelmed at your achievements. The only thing I have to judge you and your statements by are the words you put up on this board, and quite frankly they don't matchup well with what you assert nor with even very well with undergraduate introductory general science skills and understandings. As stated before, if you wish to talk climate science I am more than happy to do so, likewise with regard to public policy based upon climate science.

Good question, I see many cases where the AGW crowd in an endeavor to halt discussion of their poor scientific methodology are resorting to attempts to classify scepticism as mental disease and other methods that are renowned in totalitarian states to control the populace.

Most all science researchers are, by definition, Skeptics. The pseudoscience denialism displayed by the vast majority of those who have tried to politicize the science and subvert it to political ambitions, are not skeptics.

The only group to have politicized it is the AGW crowd. When the evidence started going against them they have resorted to pal review and blocking any papers that didn't adhere to the "approved" theory. That's not science, that's dogma, and dogma is religion baby.

I'm not sure where you learned the art of discussion and persuasion, but libelous lies and perverse distortions of reality do not make adequate substitutes for compelling evidences and valid supporting references for your assertions.

Doubt over climate change is personal opinion based on corporate propaganda on non scientific observations to support corporate destruction of our environment to make bigger profits off their brainwashed followers.

Hacked emails is theft not science punishable by imprisonment and when the British finish their investigation into this criminal activity the criminals will be locked up.

Yes, and they will find that it was an inside job. I find it amusing that you care more about the release of information (that had been requested for YEARS via FOIA requests and ILLEGALLY denied) but blissfully ignore the revelation of illegal and un-ethical behavior on the part of the scientists involved.

You're a wonderful example of how low humanity has fallen.

It's obvious that you don't do science. Those desert nightime are brilliant work. You didn't read it or couldn't hack the trivial math or don't know the diff between science and what you call "an opinion piece".

Let me just clue you in.. I've got over 25 years in advanced research and development. (not in this field tho) I've given invited papers at some of the most prestigous shindigs in my fields. I know how science works. And you're bluffing.

If your postings are any reflection of the character and quality of your academic and professional work, color me quite unimpressed and underwhelmed at your achievements. The only thing I have to judge you and your statements by are the words you put up on this board, and quite frankly they don't matchup well with what you assert nor with even very well with undergraduate introductory general science skills and understandings. As stated before, if you wish to talk climate science I am more than happy to do so, likewise with regard to public policy based upon climate science.

You are no more than a cut and paster. You have yet to look at the mathmatics of what he posted and either prove or disprove them.

Fail on all levels.

Most all science researchers are, by definition, Skeptics. The pseudoscience denialism displayed by the vast majority of those who have tried to politicize the science and subvert it to political ambitions, are not skeptics.

The only group to have politicized it is the AGW crowd. When the evidence started going against them they have resorted to pal review and blocking any papers that didn't adhere to the "approved" theory. That's not science, that's dogma, and dogma is religion baby.

I'm not sure where you learned the art of discussion and persuasion, but libelous lies and perverse distortions of reality do not make adequate substitutes for compelling evidences and valid supporting references for your assertions.

The TRUTH is the ultimate defence against a claim of libel or slander. Guess which side will win in a court of law? Yes that's right, the sceptics will because we really do have science on our side unlike you. I have given quite a bit of money to Dr. Balls defence and as I am an expert witness I also gave him pointers on what to ask for in discovery.

Mann is screwed. He has tons more money than Dr. Ball does, he has suzukis fraudulent organisation behind him, and he is going to lose and lose big, and he's going to drag all of you down with him. You should thank him for being such a narcissistic nimrod that he put the case into a court of law, something we were having a hard time doing.

Go's to show that you guys ain't so bright after all.

Last edited:
Hey Wally, you are nothing but a Log Cabin queen, quoting excessively, then you wait 10 lines, issue shit, and do it again and again. This forum may not call your shit 'spam,' but hey, we know you are a shitty spammer. You need a Nimrod for an avatar, Wally. That SR-71 was too fast, for you. :cuckoo:

Oh, look, Queen Wally grandly proclaimed, without a link, again. Bitch.

Last edited:
Doubt over climate change is personal opinion based on corporate propaganda on non scientific observations to support corporate destruction of our environment to make bigger profits off their brainwashed followers.

Hacked emails is theft not science punishable by imprisonment and when the British finish their investigation into this criminal activity the criminals will be locked up.

Yes, and they will find that it was an inside job. I find it amusing that you care more about the release of information (that had been requested for YEARS via FOIA requests and ILLEGALLY denied) but blissfully ignore the revelation of illegal and un-ethical behavior on the part of the scientists involved.

You're a wonderful example of how low humanity has fallen.
Hacking is a criminal offense not release of personal information by the owner. Your standard propaganda straw man does not fly outside your own little brainwashed mind.

Wally and Jack, do you mind introducing your topic, with a link? You are diverting the thread, without an introduction, for a page, now.

Working to cope with climate change: A guest column by J. Wayne Leonard and Raymond C. Offenheiser
Working to cope with climate change: A guest column by J. Wayne Leonard and Raymond C. Offenheiser | NOLA.com

...When extreme weather hits, communities suffer in myriad ways: homes are destroyed, businesses lost, ecosystems ravaged. As the heads of a national energy company and a global humanitarian organization, we've seen the damages first hand, and engaged in the painstaking and often dangerous work of recovery and restoration. We believe it's time to rally together to recognize the dangers of a changing climate, and to invest in reducing risk and building resilience.

At Entergy, we have a unique perspective on climate change. Our product -- power -- is vital to the public good. Extreme weather puts the reliability of our product at risk, and we must work with our communities to prepare for and respond to these hazards.

At Oxfam, we work to find lasting solutions to global poverty -- and the weather is literally working against us. Of the 820 disasters recorded last year, 90 percent were related to severe weather. Climate change is playing a role in this, and it's the poorest -- at home and around the world -- who are affected most acutely, and find their struggle against poverty increasingly difficult...

...Our country has been slow to accept the reality and risks of climate change. But it is absolutely essential at this point. With Oxfam, Entergy has joined companies representing a range of sectors -- insurance to finance, apparel to food -- to promote the importance of taking action. We believe that responsible business practices and strong policies will help us prepare for and respond to climate change. Failing to act will mean much greater costs later -- in dollars and cents, and in human suffering.

No matter our different perspectives, we end up at the same place: determined to act together to improve our ability to cope with the profound effects of climate change. The choice is ours to make; the time to make it is now.

••••••••

J. Wayne Leonard is CEO of Entergy Corp. and Raymond C. Offenheiser is president of Oxfam America.

Hmmmmm.... Climate change???? Isn't that why we live in houses? We incorporate both heaters and air conditioners to battle the elements, huh. ;) Who knew?

Hmmmmm.... Climate change???? Isn't that why we live in houses? We incorporate both heaters and air conditioners to battle the elements, huh. ;) Who knew?
You live in a berm-house, up today's tornado-alley and affected areas, or you will can get spun over to Oz in a NY-second.

You live in a submarine, in NOLA, which will be the first US city, to go under water and stay there, in our lifetime. Then go parts of NYC, SF, LA, Miami, etc.

You need to notice how species are going extinct, at a rate exceeding 100 times normal, headed for 1000 times normal, and die-offs are happening, at an alarming rate, 2012. Oceanic acidification can take out the food chain. Even the air-conditioned with their heads up each others butts will notice, when food chains fail.

Hmmmmm, can't ask Meat about Bain, can't mention Mormonism, he has CRS about Bullygate, and when he did anything economic, he acquired, re-financed, cut jobs, and dove.

I guess you guys who give a shit about Obamney hobbling for President in a sack-race didn't ask either of the two heads, what about climate change.

Hacking is a criminal offense not release of personal information by the owner. Your standard propaganda straw man does not fly outside your own little brainwashed mind.

Awwww.

Your priests got caught balls deep in the pooch. Makes it hard to claim they aren't fucking the dog, so you attack those who opened the door without knocking.

ROFL

You cultists are a bunch of fucking frauds. The emails prove it.

Ah yes. Brain dead cultists. All of the Scientific Societies in the world, all of the National Academies of Science, and all of the major Universities in the world are brain dead cultists. Only you people in your little tin foil hats have avoided the damaging brain waves. We understand perfectly.

Now take the pretty little pills the nice nurse has for you, and go back to your rubber room.

Wally and Jack, do you mind introducing your topic, with a link? You are diverting the thread, without an introduction, for a page, now.

bugnuts, aren't they brain-dead cultists, just like you?
Uglybitch08, you didn't introduce the topic or the people in it, and you didn't link. You are diverting the thread, to an off-topic area, which maybe you and Jack know, but you don't have the right to claim some vague, unlinked e-mail hack issue is related to the OP. Since your off-the-wall hack with Jack isn't related to the OP, go post it as a separate thread.

You live in a berm-house, up today's tornado-alley and affected areas, or you will can get spun over to Oz in a NY-second.

Today's tornado alley and affected areas? You really are the major league dupe aren't you. Here, have some published, peer reviewed papers that put that lie to bed.

AMS Journals Online - Normalized Damage from Major Tornadoes in the United States: 1890–1999

AMS Journals Online - Deaths in the 3 May 1999 Oklahoma City Tornado from a Historical Perspective

Does Global Warming Influence Tornado Activity?

image.png

You live in a submarine, in NOLA, which will be the first US city, to go under water and stay there, in our lifetime. Then go parts of NYC, SF, LA, Miami, etc.

You believe in all the boogie men don't you. What a rube. How long has photography been around? Have you ever looked at very old photos of well known coastal areas? Ever notice that sea level in the 1800s looks like sea level today? Ever look at any early maps of coastal areas? Ever notice that if you compare those maps to modern maps they look very much alike? Sea level rise is not any more a matter of concern today than it has ever been.

You need to notice how species are going extinct, at a rate exceeding 100 times normal, headed for 1000 times normal, and die-offs are happening, at an alarming rate, 2012. Oceanic acidification can take out the food chain. Even the air-conditioned with their heads up each others butts will notice, when food chains fail.

99.9999% of all the species that have ever lived on earth are extinct. Since you claim that species are going extinct at a rate 100 times normal, tell me if you can which species have gone extinct in the past 25 years? 50 years? 100 years? And the reason they have gone extinct.

You just gobble up whatever pap the envirowackos are offering, don't you?

Ah yes. Brain dead cultists. All of the Scientific Societies in the world, all of the National Academies of Science, and all of the major Universities in the world are brain dead cultists. Only you people in your little tin foil hats have avoided the damaging brain waves. We understand perfectly.

Now take the pretty little pills the nice nurse has for you, and go back to your rubber room.

And with all that clout one would think that you could produce at least one piece of hard, observable, repeatable evidence linking the activities of man and the changing global climate. Considering that you can't, if you had any critical thinking skills at all you might begin to wonder why.

<trots out manipulated data>

<dusts off peer reviewed predictions, which have not happened>

99.9999% of all the species that have ever lived on earth are extinct. Since you claim that species are going extinct at a rate 100 times normal, tell me if you can which species have gone extinct in the past 25 years? 50 years? 100 years? And the reason they have gone extinct.

Summary Statistics

Summary Statistics

That is a list of threatened species, not extinct ones dimwit.

Forum List

Back