How climate change is hitting vulnerable Indonesian trans sex workers

el midgetron

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2023
“Joya Patiha, a 43-year-old Indonesian transgender woman, first started to notice that changing weather patterns in the mountain-ringed city of Bandung were affecting her income as a sex worker a decade ago.

The rainy season was lasting longer across the West Java province, winds were stronger and in some particularly bad years Patiha lost up to 80% of her earnings…….

Trans women like Patiha are among the most affected by extreme weather linked to climate change, as well as suffering disproportionately when disasters strike.”

(So anyway, the article goes on to explain that they are the hardest hit because they have to solicit customers outdoors and people stay inside when it’s raining. Or some stupid thing like that. But then the article drops this…..)

“Despite gender-fluid communities being historically accepted in Indonesia, a rising tide of conservative Islam in the world’s largest Muslim-majority country has fuelled anti-LGBTQ+ persecution.”

Muslims being mean to LGBT? First I have ever heard of that. I though the Muslims had their own stripe on the pride flag?

“Joya Patiha, a 43-year-old Indonesian transgender woman, first started to notice that changing weather patterns in the mountain-ringed city of Bandung were affecting her income as a sex worker a decade ago.

The rainy season was lasting longer across the West Java province, winds were stronger and in some particularly bad years Patiha lost up to 80% of her earnings…….

Trans women like Patiha are among the most affected by extreme weather linked to climate change, as well as suffering disproportionately when disasters strike.”

(So anyway, the article goes on to explain that they are the hardest hit because they have to solicit customers outdoors and people stay inside when it’s raining. Or some stupid thing like that. But then the article drops this…..)

“Despite gender-fluid communities being historically accepted in Indonesia, a rising tide of conservative Islam in the world’s largest Muslim-majority country has fuelled anti-LGBTQ+ persecution.”

Muslims being mean to LGBT? First I have ever heard of that. I though the Muslims had their own stripe on the pride flag?
Yeah, the real truth of what is happening is always buried deep inside the "story".

They never report the real facts, just some tall tale to hide the real cause.

islamequalityjhhfhgf.png

Islam is far less tolerant of LGBTQ people than is Christianity.

Seldom Christianity can be held up as being tolerant, but this is an example in which the comparison is favourable!

Conservative Islam .. are they more against trannies and gays then liberal Islamists? Do they not follow the Quran?

Islam is far less tolerant of LGBTQ people than is Christianity.

Seldom Christianity can be held up as being tolerant, but this is an example in which the comparison is favourable!
I am constantly seeing “Christian” churches flying the pride flag.

The Left are finding new lows to hit by the minute.

Throwing gay people off buildings, coming to newCanada.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back