Work at home opportunities?

Kooshdakhaa

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2011
Alaska
Has anyone run across any legitimate work-at-home opportunities? Where someone really has some work for you to do and will pay you a fair wage for doing it?

I almost signed up for one where I would do typing at home. But once I was ready to commit (which would involve buying some equipment and possibly some software), I saw that they only had a need for "legal" typists, and although I have done legal transcription I so not really feel qualified to put myself out there as a legal typist.

So, does anyone have any good leads?

I recall reading something in The Economist a few years ago about "micro outsourcing."

Beware, most such 'opportunities' are just scams.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I'll bet most legitimate opportunities are not found on the Internet but through other sources. For example, I used to program an electronic reader-board from home, and I got hooked up with that gig at the place I worked. It wasn't much, only about $50 per week, but it only took me about 30 minutes a week to do it.

I advise caution. If you have a useful skill that you can do online there are places where you can market yourself. Have people come to you who need that skill. This way you greatly reduce your risk from scam artists. First, identify that skill. You could make a little extra scratch, or a bajillion-million-wazillion dollars depending upon how you answer the question.

Forum List

Back