There are more stay at home dad’s in America than ever before. What would our parents and grandparents think?

Biden not only changed the govt accounting for 'Recession"
He fudged the labor stats as we now know

almost 8 million have up and left the workforce
Explosive increase in those holding down 2 jobs
BLS went in and jimied months of data to give Biden good numbers

500,000 jobs could disappear in dramatic revision of US government data: report​

JAN 6 2024

Initial US employment reports overstated by 439,000 jobs in 2023​

By
Elizabeth MacDonald
and of course
Biden claims to have created 13.5 million jobs in two years. However, 9.2 million were just jobs lost due to the COVID lockdowns. Is anyone naive enough to buy the lies of Bidenomics?

why do you never link to your fake news headlines?

Yep, my grandparents would be shocked my wife is allowed to work and not sit at home and wait on me hand and foot.

They would be shocked that I do most of the cooking because that is the woman's job.

If the wife can earn more money than the husband, why not have the dad actually be a dad and raise his children?
SO you picked a fake question to give a fake answer to. But it makes you look stupid.
Your grandparents can be shocked but who says they matter ???? ONLY YOU

SO you picked a fake question to give a fake answer to. But it makes you look stupid.
Your grandparents can be shocked but who says they matter ???? ONLY YOU

They do not matter as they are dead, and I would not have cared what they thought if they were alive.

The OP sure is worried about young people not getting married, not having kids, young people living st home, and stay at home dads. It's gonna be OK.

My parents and grandparents would think it very weird, but in the case of my grandparents, they might understand somewhat. They would likely think that the wife was forced to work and families have to do whatever it takes to get by. Just knowing them and their era.

They don't come more conservative than me but I don't think that this is a bad thing. At least there's a family and at least one person is caring for the child, that's what children need. I could do it and even if I had a boy in that situation, I'd still teach him to be a man. in fact I'd have more time with him to do that.

Who wants to sit at home all day if not to take care of young children? Male or female… it is a sign of an empty person.

Who wants to sit at home all day if not to take care of young children? Male or female… it is a sign of an empty person.
Empty is also wanting to show up to a place with people to work because for some odd reason they think they need social interaction. Thankfully more and more young people are realizing being single and independent is a good thing.

The OP sure is worried about young people not getting married, not having kids, young people living st home, and stay at home dads. It's gonna be OK.
There are in my opinion good things about the present, such as easier ability to travel, better medicine, better technology. It would be unrighteous, and perhaps not respectful toward our parents and grandparents to think that there were not better things in the past, though. There were better things in the past, like a lower divorce rate, lower child born out of wedlock rate, astronomically lower rates of depression no mass school shootings.

The Wall Street Journal showed that today’s young population has a record level of anti-patriotism. They don’t care about helping the community. They have a record high level of selfishness. So that’s not a good thing. Even if they’re single, there’s no reason for them to be selfish and not wanting to support the community around them. That’s not good for society.

It goes both ways…. Some level of people will always be OK but in every society, there are those who struggle and the only question is how many people in America will struggle, will be depressed will want to use drugs all the time. Hopefully those numbers get lower instead of going higher.

This issue cost me two of my closest friends from high school. They are both stay at home men. One a stay at home dad the other a stay at home boyfriend. They both smoke marijuana all day and don’t really contribute anything to their households.

I choose to not talk with them. Sometimes it’s a bad feeling, but in the end I’m making the right move because it’s making me stronger. It’s 100% my choice. I can’t be in the same room with these types of men who don’t work. And they let their women do the work. I think it’s a despicable site.

Unless the father is disabled or sick, he should be working. And for those who might want to say

“what’s wrong with that, whatever works right.”??

Well …What about what our parents and grandparents would think about that type of culture. And no, this isn’t about sexism or any kind of bigotry. Nope because even 75 years ago, there were women in the workforce and in politics, and the Democratic Party had a female labor secretary in Francis Perkins. But back in those days in the 1940s, we had a much better country than we do today.

I think it’s humiliating. And I believe it leads to a slippery slope. I think a stay at home Dad would be more likely to be fine with a boy going into a girls bathroom…. I stay at home father or a stay at home Boyfriend is much more likely to support BLM. Anti-American, ism and attacks on traditional American culture is what got us the stay at home father …this is all part of the attack on American culture and weakening our country. …it’s also coinciding with the rise of BLM. The rise of weak black men. There are black men who are stay at home dads. Their black fathers and grandfathers would be astonished at that type of weakness.

It’s all the more interesting because we have more mass school shootings in American history today than ever before. We have more young men zonked out on antidepressants and marijuana than ever before. More depression and loneliness in America than ever before. And it’s all coinciding with a record number of stay at home men. Isn’t that interesting.
first off I think youre lying about your two friends,, but no way to prove either of us is right,,

the part that gets me that your whole premise is complete bullshit is where you say they are stay at home dads and because of that contribute nothing to the family,,

that would mean stay at home moms also contribute nothing to the family,,
you dont believe that do you??

the rest is just your opinion about how other people should live their lives,,,
I reject that

My Grandparents would have thought I was joking if i said men stay at home....

....that is was a bad joke.

Women stay at home and men work.... that's what they thought ....Bless my Grandparents.

Well it is a yes and a no on the more stay home dad thing. Back when most people were farmers kids had dads influence a larger part of the day than they do now. As far as getting dads opinion proxy would not know even if he was still around. He was a man of few words. Grandpa would likely have expressed some sort of opinion but it would have been a short talk. My family was always more of a lead by example people. Same strategy for me. Kept my kids out of trouble by keeping them busy.

Yep. Most were farm families and fathers were around a lot.

Forum List

Back