Wonton fillings

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Have you made eggrolls that had fillings that were unusual? How about wontons?

Made with what?

I'm getting ready to make some that are chili cheese with a chipotle cream sauce. Not the chili with the ground beef and debatable beans. It will have the cheese and the green chili. I found this recipe over 20 years ago. Let me rephrase. I have been carrying around this recipe for over 20 years. :rolleyes:

I have used wonton wrappers and filled with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan.

Made with what?

I'm getting ready to make some that are chili cheese with a chipotle cream sauce. Not the chili with the ground beef and debatable beans. It will have the cheese and the green chili. I found this recipe over 20 years ago. Let me rephrase. I have been carrying around this recipe for over 20 years. :rolleyes:

I have used wonton wrappers and filled with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan.
Duck, cat, dog, or whatever the chi-coms stick in them.....They are delicious. ;)

Im forgetting what they are called, but there is a name for these things that are basically egg rolls, but they put all kinds of different stuff in them. Ive seen a philly cheesesteak mix put in them, lobster and cream cheese, taco type mix, pizza type mix, a cannoli strawberry mix. There are tons of variations. All of that shit is good when its done by a real chef. I used to order it when i lived in Seattle.

The Potsticker dumplings Costco sells are right good....I'll eat both but I prefer the pork ones.

R.473640aa222c14ca2da1a55a72d9bc21

The Potsticker dumplings Costco sells are right good....I'll eat both but I prefer the pork ones.

Those are good as potstickers and can also be used in a soup like wontons.

And those are similar to wontons and eggrolls to make

Im forgetting what they are called, but there is a name for these things that are basically egg rolls, but they put all kinds of different stuff in them. Ive seen a philly cheesesteak mix put in them, lobster and cream cheese, taco type mix, pizza type mix, a cannoli strawberry mix. There are tons of variations. All of that shit is good when its done by a real chef. I used to order it when i lived in Seattle.
I found some but I didn't see any other name for them. That cannoli one sounds pretty awesome.

I'm not fond of Chinese dumplings---even if ordering take away but I would do the pork over the chicken if I had a gun to my head.

I found some but I didn't see any other name for them. That cannoli one sounds pretty awesome.
Crab Rangoon was one of the ones you could order that i was talking about (which was the best one by the way). They also sold jalapeno popper versions.

In your link I also saw one with egg and bacon. That looked good. Im beginning to think that you can put just about any warm moist food in them and it will be good. Like mac-n-cheese or tuna casserole; that kind of stuff.

I found the name. Had to text a friend for it. It is called "lumpia", which is a Pilipino egg roll.

Forum List

Back