Wonderful News: Trump To Allow Drilling In Obama's Marine Sanctuaries

This is indeed wonderful news. Drilling is much needed in these areas and the money the oilfield workers will make will be phenomenal. This is the right approach in helping America become great again.

www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article147492219.html

You're dumb as a cardboard box so you don't know that Obama does not own it. Nor are you smart enough to know that the rest of what you wrote is horse shit.

What is wrong with you RWNJs that you always act to harm yourselves, your family, your country and your planet?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Prosperity is crucial in making America great again. Drilling in these specific areas will help us get there.

Yes....prosperity is crucial. Like the prosperity derived from the fishing industries and coastal tourism which many communities depend on and which are directly affected by off shore drilling.

It's a matter of balance.

The fact that you are gleeful over this - in a time where we have a glut of energy and record low profits is pretty much proof you don't give a shit about either pollution or a wise balance between energy production and environmental protection.
We are gleeful because we want to see people go back to work and economies boom. We are gleeful because we understand the importance of a restrained government. Dumbass.
Ok...so right now...

The fossil fuel sector is glutted and oil is at a record low price. It's the market, not production issues that has caused massive layoffs. Offshore drilling, especially deep-water is very expensive and unlikely to be undertaken while the profits are so low and there are cheaper production alternatives.

There are also other jobs in the communities involved that provide jobs in fishing, marine farming and tourism. Tourism in particular produces a great deal of revenue for coastal states. Are those jobs less relevant?

On "over reaching" federal government...who exactly is driving this particular initiative? The states who's coastal areas might be impacted? Or...the over reaching federal government in concert with special interest groups?

Our government is the reason fishing is restricted. They just shut everything down here based on a fuzzy and unfounded prediction that numbers might be low. If government restrictions protect fish, why the fuck do the numbers keep allegedly dropping? Pssst....they don't and the restrictions do nothing but destroy our industries.

Actually it is not KG...fishing is down because our increasingly efficient and super sized fishing fleets have so overfished the areas that critical fish populations are way down and even endangered. And a side effect is not only loss of fish populations but jobs as they employ fewer people and the smaller family run operations that have fished those waters for generations can't compete.

What happens if you keep harvesting fish, unregulated, beyond the ability of the population to sustain itself?

Once human beings kill off all of Earth's other lifeforms, they'll only have themselves left to kill off. We need to seriously think these things through. We humans need those other lifeforms to survive. Polluting their habitats and killing them, only = killing ourselves. It's too bad most Republicans don't get it. They only see $'s.

They just don't see that by killing the other lifeforms, they're killing themselves. And for what? So some already incredibly rich Oil Fatcats can get richer? What do they personally get out of that? They're not gonna see those riches. Personally, i'd rather save our fellow lifeforms. The Oil Fatcats are fat enough.

:boohoo:

Yes, it is very sad. Human Beings are killing themselves off. And for what? To make a few Oil Fatcats fatter? Is it worth it?
Realky. Explain to me how it kills people off to resist unconstitutional government oppression and reject government control?

Mining safety regulations come to mind.

This is indeed wonderful news. Drilling is much needed in these areas and the money the oilfield workers will make will be phenomenal. This is the right approach in helping America become great again.

You're dumb as a cardboard box so you don't know that Obama does not own it. Nor are you smart enough to know that the rest of what you wrote is horse shit.

What is wrong with you RWNJs that you always act to harm yourselves, your family, your country and your planet?

Prosperity is crucial in making America great again. Drilling in these specific areas will help us get there.

Yes....prosperity is crucial. Like the prosperity derived from the fishing industries and coastal tourism which many communities depend on and which are directly affected by off shore drilling.

The fact that you are gleeful over this - in a time where we have a glut of energy and record low profits is pretty much proof you don't give a shit about either pollution or a wise balance between energy production and environmental protection.
I fish all the time around offshore rig platforms in the gulf. Believe me, it's a treasure trove of fish around them. They love the rigs.

Yes, oil rigs can provide valuable fish habitat - there is an ongoing debate on whether it actually helps increase fish numbers or simply provides them a place to aggregate. There is also argument about whether we should remove them once production has ceased. Oil Rigs: Critical Fish Habitat or Environmental Liability?

But you also have to balance that against the environmental damage caused by leaks or explosions. No one is saying NO drilling, but rather take a rational and balanced approach. To push for drilling in Marine Sanctuaries at a time when we are glutted with energy is neither. It's purely petulant politics that hates the idea of any kind of wildlife/environmental sancutaries or that anything should be "off limits".

I love the photo they used, to implicate it is the END OF THE WORLD!

AP_100421147586

Why do you love something that caused a lot of damage?
I am not of the mind that man must leave no mark upon the earth. I am not of the mind that we should deny ourselves the resources and wealth we own. Why should our families suffer and live in poverty while government yahoos take what they want and treat our resources as solely theirs? Why should we pay foreigners for fuel that we could provide fir ourselves? If you want to prevent Americans from working or using the resources that are theirs, I suggest you buy up the land you wantvto keep them off of, and build a wall.

Isn't that simply looking at extremes? That either everything is open to exploitation or it's not? Do you see any value in preserving some public lands or environments?

We are gleeful because we want to see people go back to work and economies boom. We are gleeful because we understand the importance of a restrained government. Dumbass.

Let me explain this rationally and economically. The reason there are a massive layoff in the oil industry.
1. Because there are so much oil that it's cheaper to buy than produce.
2. You have to raise the price of oil per barrel to $123 (2013) in order to be profitable. Today's price is below $50.
3. Meaning if it cost $123/barrel cost around $4/gallon at the gas station.
4. So how is opening more offshore drilling (more oil) create more jobs?
NO we do not need more offshore drilling so greedy people like Trump and his buddies can keep raping this country. Besides oil platform are ugly.
BTW economy is booming and unemployment is very low that hypocrite Trump cannot even find workers for his vineyard and Mara lago. So why worry about jobs?

Our government is the reason fishing is restricted. They just shut everything down here based on a fuzzy and unfounded prediction that numbers might be low. If government restrictions protect fish, why the fuck do the numbers keep allegedly dropping? Pssst....they don't and the restrictions do nothing but destroy our industries.

Really? People like me that go fishing a lot support those kind of restrictions bc if they don't then there will be no fish for the future.
Like over fishing. My buddy Stevie here will be using dynamite or celendrine (cyanide).

Pres. Trump needs to put his own billions aside and or the oil drillers should, to pay the State of Florida all the money they lose, when their beaches become saturated with oil and dead sea life and birds from a spill, and their beaches are closed and hotels and condos are empty.... Florida's biggest asset are their beaches and all activities related to the sea and sunshine.

Reefs and such shallow marine environments have a large percentage of the life on earth...Destroying it is a negro thing to do as it is just dumb.
There are no reefs in the arctic or the
North Atantic, Mr. Science Ignoramus.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Last edited:
Why do rightwingers want to destroy nature? Why revel in destruction rather than a balanced approach?

The marine sanctuaries weren't just Obama's (I get that you hate him) - but Bush set them aside as well.

Sad times.
Drilling a hole in the ocean floor destroys nothing. Why do you leftwing fascists want to make Americans pay three times the current price for energy?

Once human beings kill off all of Earth's other lifeforms, they'll only have themselves left to kill off. We need to seriously think these things through. We humans need those other lifeforms to survive. Polluting their habitats and killing them, only = killing ourselves. It's too bad most Republicans don't get it. They only see $'s.

They just don't see that by killing the other lifeforms, they're killing themselves. And for what? So some already incredibly rich Oil Fatcats can get richer? What do they personally get out of that? They're not gonna see those riches. Personally, i'd rather save our fellow lifeforms. The Oil Fatcats are fat enough.

:boohoo:

Yes, it is very sad. Human Beings are killing themselves off. And for what? To make a few Oil Fatcats fatter? Is it worth it?
Realky. Explain to me how it kills people off to resist unconstitutional government oppression and reject government control?

Check out what BP did to our Gulf. Its Execs should have been arrested and prosecuted. When we destroy habitats and kill off other lifeforms, we kill ourselves. Human Beings better wake up to that reality. Making a few Oil Fatcats fatter, isn't worth killing ourselves off.
Are you saying you don't put gas in your car or use anything made of plastic? Anyone who pretneds that oil executives are the only ones harmed by drilling restrictions has unmasked himself as a giant brainwashed ignoramus

Last edited:

I fish all the time around offshore rig platforms in the gulf. Believe me, it's a treasure trove of fish around them. They love the rigs.

Yes, oil rigs can provide valuable fish habitat - there is an ongoing debate on whether it actually helps increase fish numbers or simply provides them a place to aggregate. There is also argument about whether we should remove them once production has ceased. Oil Rigs: Critical Fish Habitat or Environmental Liability?

But you also have to balance that against the environmental damage caused by leaks or explosions. No one is saying NO drilling, but rather take a rational and balanced approach. To push for drilling in Marine Sanctuaries at a time when we are glutted with energy is neither. It's purely petulant politics that hates the idea of any kind of wildlife/environmental sancutaries or that anything should be "off limits".
By making these areas into national monuments Obama said "no drilling " so your post is total bullshit.

By making these areas into national monuments Obama said "no drilling " so your post is total bullshit.

Obama and Bush both.

But at this time there is no reason to even push for drilling.

Are you against preserving any of the marine environment as a sanctuary?

Why do rightwingers want to destroy nature? Why revel in destruction rather than a balanced approach?

The marine sanctuaries weren't just Obama's (I get that you hate him) - but Bush set them aside as well.

Sad times.
Drilling a hole in the ocean floor destroys nothing. Why do you leftwing fascists want to make Americans pay three times the current price for energy?

It certainly does when things go wrong...doesn't it?

What is wrong with conserving a little and using a little less?

Obama and Bush both.

Are you against preserving any of the marine environment as a sanctuary?

There is a vary good reason to repeal Obama and Bush's national monuments: because we may never get another chance.

Sad times.

It certainly does when things go wrong...doesn't it?

What is wrong with conserving a little and using a little less?

What's wrong with having less to eat and a smaller house with no heat?

It is for the oilfield workers who need a paycheck.

Forum List

Back