Women in black at Golden Globe... dressing to attract men's attention?

sexual harassment & especially assault need not have anything to do with how a woman is dressed. most times it's a show of power.
I don't necessarily disagree. But it doesn't help the cause to dress in revealing outfits when you are trying to advocate for less sexual harassment and assault.

then put the blame - ALL of it where it belongs. why is it any bit the females fault if a male cannot control his mouth or worse? do you think burka wearing women don't get assaulted?
That's usually the only way women in most Muslim countries get any respect. Dressing sexy is asking for compliments, some of those comments may be unwanted and rude...if you don't want to be viewed as a sex object, don't go around showing off your goods. Of course men who harass women sexually are also responsible, there's no excuse for it...but reality is what it is.

what? the very notion of a woman being forced to wear those things means they have no respect given to them.
That's a fair enough point. What I mean is that is the only way they can even feel slightly safe from rape.

i'm not convinced it's that much of a shield.

I don't necessarily disagree. But it doesn't help the cause to dress in revealing outfits when you are trying to advocate for less sexual harassment and assault.

then put the blame - ALL of it where it belongs. why is it any bit the females fault if a male cannot control his mouth or worse? do you think burka wearing women don't get assaulted?
That's usually the only way women in most Muslim countries get any respect. Dressing sexy is asking for compliments, some of those comments may be unwanted and rude...if you don't want to be viewed as a sex object, don't go around showing off your goods. Of course men who harass women sexually are also responsible, there's no excuse for it...but reality is what it is.

what? the very notion of a woman being forced to wear those things means they have no respect given to them.
That's a fair enough point. What I mean is that is the only way they can even feel slightly safe from rape.

It probably isn't. Which is why they usually travel with male relatives by law. They have a messed up culture, and it all is influenced by the Quran and Hadiths. I don't know why we treat Islam as if it is only a religion, it also has a system of governance, but that's for another thread.

It probably isn't. Which is why they usually travel with male relatives by law. They have a messed up culture, and it all is influenced by the Quran and Hadiths. I don't know why we treat Islam as if it is only a religion, it also has a system of governance, but that's for another thread.

fundamentalist christianity isn't a whole lot different.

Oh yes it is. I attend a fundamentalist baptist church, we have no women in anything remotely resembling a burka. The women dress modestly, but nothing like the Muslim women in the middle east.

Oh yes it is. I attend a fundamentalist baptist church, we have no women in anything remotely resembling a burka. The women dress modestly, but nothing like the Muslim women in the middle east.

i wasn't talking about attire. i was talking about subordination. so you are a church attending racist?

that is amazing.

I will give Playtime that there are some offshoot, extreme fundamentalist Christians that are very strict, but to compare them to Islamists is a bit much.

how so? a woman cannot work outside the home. a woman cannot have her own finances. a woman cannot choose when or if she wants kids.... there's a lot of similarities.

i wasn't talking about attire. i was talking about subordination. so you are a church attending racist?

that is amazing.
Yes, and my church is racially mixed. Surprised?

I will give Playtime that there are some offshoot, extreme fundamentalist Christians that are very strict, but to compare them to Islamists is a bit much.

how so? a woman cannot work outside the home. a woman cannot have her own finances. a woman cannot choose when or if she wants kids.... there's a lot of similarities.
Fundamentalist Christians don't horse whip women in the public square. Or stone them to death. Or give death sentences to gays. Or have official Christian nations.

For starters.

But that is not the norm for most christian denominations, it is for Islamic sects...all of them.

Most people choose the fundamentalist way of life voluntarily. And many women love the idea of staying home with the kids, not having to deal with the finances, etc... It's a matter of taste. If you're a woman born into a Muslim family, you will be killed if you leave the faith. If there are any similarities, they are inconsequential..seeing how Christianity is purely voluntary whereas Islam is not.

OK. So please explain why they were dressing with their boobs and legs and elsewhere being exposed?
I am very sincere in wanting to know WHY did they dress that way?

What purpose? Attract attention? Right? Have pictures taken?

So people will look at them and take pictures of them.

Not so they can be harassed, assaulted or raped.

The fact you think the first should lead to the second is the problem here, not what the women are wearing.

In a perfect world, it wouldn't. This is not a perfect world, so don't be stupid. That's the bottom line.

So, women should dress like this so that people like you do not harass them...

images

That's a really stupid, ignorant and uneducated thing to say. Obviously, you have read nothing that I have written. Try doing that.

In this post:

In a perfect world, it wouldn't. This is not a perfect world, so don't be stupid. That's the bottom line.

...you appear to be implying that because this isn't a "perfect world", women shouldn't be allowed to wear sexy clothing, otherwise they deserve to be raped.

Is that incorrect?

That is very incorrect, as any analysis of what I've written will show. No one deserves to be raped.

Does that, however, absolve anyone of the responsibility to reduce their chances of becoming a victim? A woman who doesn't want to be raped takes steps to avoid circumstances where she is likely to become a victim, correct? She doesn't let her drink out of her sight, doesn't walk the streets alone at night, etc.

Now, when talking about harassment, it seems monumentally hypocritical for the glitterati to protest against harassment by dressing in such a way as to invite what they claim to protest.

Like I said, don't be stupid and invite what you don't want. When you specifically dress to accent your sexuality, don't be surprised when that's what people notice.

The fact you think the first should lead to the second is the problem here, not what the women are wearing.

images

That's a really stupid, ignorant and uneducated thing to say. Obviously, you have read nothing that I have written. Try doing that.

In this post:

...you appear to be implying that because this isn't a "perfect world", women shouldn't be allowed to wear sexy clothing, otherwise they deserve to be raped.

Is that incorrect?

That is very incorrect, as any analysis of what I've written will show. No one deserves to be raped.

Does that, however, absolve anyone of the responsibility to reduce their chances of becoming a victim? A woman who doesn't want to be raped takes steps to avoid circumstances where she is likely to become a victim, correct? She doesn't let her drink out of her sight, doesn't walk the streets alone at night, etc.

Now, when talking about harassment, it seems monumentally hypocritical for the glitterati to protest against harassment by dressing in such a way as to invite what they claim to protest.

Like I said, don't be stupid and invite what you don't want. When you specifically dress to accent your sexuality, don't be surprised when that's what people notice.
He's a leftist, he is immune to common sense.

OK. So please explain why they were dressing with their boobs and legs and elsewhere being exposed?
I am very sincere in wanting to know WHY did they dress that way?

What purpose? Attract attention? Right? Have pictures taken?

images

These leftist twats aren't arguing in good faith with you, man. Don't take them seriously.

They don't have to. It makes my argument stronger when they lie about what I say.

Forum List

Back