Woman's joke recieves backlash from public

Nope, unlike most of the leftist who hide behind others and petitions, I beleive in acting on my convictions. And you can bet if I say I'm going to do something I will. I am fully aware that I am one voice but sometimes that's all it takes, how many who signed the petition will take the time or effort to make personal contact, my guess, more than likely none.

How is this a left/right issue? Probably more conservatives signed it than anything. Conservatives respect the rights of employers to expect standards of their employees and those who died for our freedom. I don't know what hairbrained principle you think outweighs those principles.

Uhhh... The 1st Amendment maybe??

No, sorry. The 1st Amendment does not protect your right to be a jerk when you are at work, only your right to be a jerk on your own time.

I guess I have a problem with anyone being held accountable for what they say on Twitter, Linked In, Facebook, etc. at work if it doesn't directly effect the company.

If you as a business owner found out that one of your employee's did something uh, controversial nation wide and they found out she works for you and could tarnish your business, you wouldn't get rid of the problem?

Do you think anyone is going to actually remember this next week?

I don't think they should. She made a mistake, and she was disciplined (read fired). It's over now. Why keep harping on it?

I have a problem with an idiot being an idiot on a company trip.

A picture no one but her friends was ever supposed to see.... I just can't see the outrage.

But this is what happens when employees have no rights.

In my business, our company specifically gave training on social media. I guarantee you if someone in my company did something like she did, they would be fired as well.

The surprise to me is that it took them a month to fire her...

I completely agree with her, she's a douchbag, but there's no law against it. I disagree with what she did, but she harmed no one and has every right under the fist amendment.

No she doesn't, not while working and certainly not while being in charge of developmentally disabled people who can't protect themselves from her contempt. If this is what she does in public with her clients, imagine what she does behind closed doors. She, and her photographer should not be working with the special needs. Thankfully, they have both been fired. Hopefully they will now find jobs more appropriate to their personalities. What is it Tanya Harding is doing these days?

She's 30. Time to grow up.

But isn't that the basis for the opposition to Political Correctness, one's inherent right as an American to be a douchebag? I believe it's in the Constitution.

Doesn't matter when you're on the clock. When you are working for someone else, you are suppose to be representing them. If you act like a douchebag while on the clock, you company has the right to fire you. You can be a douchebag all you want on your own time.

There's no law against stupidity and ignorance, but that's no reason to expect that her actions shouldn't have consequences, is it?

So you appear to think schools and employeers should be able to control your actions even away from their establishments, I have to disagree. You should have no fear when exercising your rights, from the government or anyone else. Censorship hurts everyone.

She was actually working at the time. She was on an outing with 40 developmentally disabled clients and 9 other adults. What would you think if this was a kindergarten teacher on an outing with her students? Do you know the big difference between the 2? The kindergarteners can go home and tell mommy and daddy, those clients are pretty much prisoners and can't tell anyone.

Neither should have been fired over it. Dumb.

When someone spits on your grave, I'll remember that. Oh wait, nobody will care that they spit on your grave. I guess I can see where you're coming from :clap2:

I'm going to have my grave covered with catnip so all the strays will come around and people will think I was a witch or cat god. Ha!

Lighten up. Whether you think she was right or wrong, no harm no foul and certainly nothing to get fired over.

You would think differently if your child was developmentally disabled and his grandparents were buried in a military cemetery.

Nope, unlike most of the leftist who hide behind others and petitions, I beleive in acting on my convictions. And you can bet if I say I'm going to do something I will. I am fully aware that I am one voice but sometimes that's all it takes, how many who signed the petition will take the time or effort to make personal contact, my guess, more than likely none.

How is this a left/right issue? Probably more conservatives signed it than anything. Conservatives respect the rights of employers to expect standards of their employees and those who died for our freedom. I don't know what hairbrained principle you think outweighs those principles.

This isn't a 1st Amendment issue, it isn't the government objecting to the behavior, it is a person who was representing a company and she screwed up.

There's no law against stupidity and ignorance, but that's no reason to expect that her actions shouldn't have consequences, is it?

So you appear to think schools and employeers should be able to control your actions even away from their establishments, I have to disagree. You should have no fear when exercising your rights, from the government or anyone else. Censorship hurts everyone.

She was actually working at the time. She was on an outing with 40 developmentally disabled clients and 9 other adults. What would you think if this was a kindergarten teacher on an outing with her students? Do you know the big difference between the 2? The kindergarteners can go home and tell mommy and daddy, those clients are pretty much prisoners and can't tell anyone.

That is a whole new issue, she deserves to be fired.

Uhhh... no. Conservatives don't believe the First Amendment guarantees the right to not be fired for acting like a jackass.

This occurred during a work trip genius.

During a time when they weren't doing company business.

On a forum no one but her friends were supposed to be able to see.

Why is it your definition of freedom only applies to the rights of the wealthy?

How do you know what they were doing? How do you know whether they we off the clock or not?

Could they have been at the cemetery for a team building exercise, because I seriously doubt with her brain, she would go there out of respect.

I thought those guys died for the right for people to express themselves.

Oh, well. I guess that was for nothing, then.

How do you know what they were doing? How do you know whether they we off the clock or not?

Could they have been at the cemetery for a team building exercise, because I seriously doubt with her brain, she would go there out of respect.

Oh grow up. She was on the clock, supposedly taking care of developmentally disabled adults. She and her photographer had no right to do this while working for someone else. And in case you're wondering, even if she was off the clock, she was still representing her company. She had the right to act like a total jerk, they had the right to fire her. And as a parent of a developmentally disabled child, I think they had the duty to fire her. People like that should not be around people who can't speak up for themselves. Most people are on their best behavior when they go out in public, especially when they are on the job. If this is this woman's best behavior, imagine what she's like with those developmentally disabled clients behind closed doors.

What's more, how many of these disabled adults now know how to give the finger and will be doing it in the most inappropriate situations because they don't understand? No, people like her and her photographer should not be working with special needs people.

What the hell are you talking about? She has every right to express herself, and her employer has every right to express themselves. It's not a one way street, it's a two way street. Be smart and your employers values you, being a dumb ass and your employer doesn't need you.

Her first amendment rights were not violated. She was not put in prison. Unlike a certain Coptic filmmaker.

[

Oh grow up. She was on the clock, supposedly taking care of developmentally disabled adults. She and her photographer had no right to do this while working for someone else. And in case you're wondering, even if she was off the clock, she was still representing her company. She had the right to act like a total jerk, they had the right to fire her. And as a parent of a developmentally disabled child, I think they had the duty to fire her. People like that should not be around people who can't speak up for themselves. Most people are on their best behavior when they go out in public, especially when they are on the job. If this is this woman's best behavior, imagine what she's like with those developmentally disabled clients behind closed doors.

What's more, how many of these disabled adults now know how to give the finger and will be doing it in the most inappropriate situations because they don't understand? No, people like her and her photographer should not be working with special needs people.

If she was actually doing her job at the time, then MAYBE her boss has an argument. If there was other misconduct that could be documented, maybe they have an argument.

That's certainly not how I'm reading the story, though. What I'm reading is that she had someone snap a picture of her next to a sign, and she posted it on face book.

Her first amendment rights were not violated. She was not put in prison. Unlike a certain Coptic filmmaker.

You mean the one who embezzled from old ladies using a computer and was told if he used a computer, he' be violating his parole..

THAT Coptic Film maker.

The one who got dozens of people killed, and put his actors in harm's way, by using them in a film and dubbing over their voices?

Funny heroes you guys have on the right. No wonder you lose elections.

What the hell are you talking about? She has every right to express herself, and her employer has every right to express themselves. It's not a one way street, it's a two way street. Be smart and your employers values you, being a dumb ass and your employer doesn't need you.

I don't think an employer should be able to fire you for conduct outside of work.

If your employer called you in tomorrow and said, "Hey, I just found out you're a Republican, clean out your desk", I don't think you'd be so understanding.

I completely agree with her, she's a douchbag, but there's no law against it. I disagree with what she did, but she harmed no one and has every right under the fist amendment.

No she doesn't, not while working and certainly not while being in charge of developmentally disabled people who can't protect themselves from her contempt. If this is what she does in public with her clients, imagine what she does behind closed doors. She, and her photographer should not be working with the special needs. Thankfully, they have both been fired. Hopefully they will now find jobs more appropriate to their personalities. What is it Tanya Harding is doing these days?

So photographing someone acting a fool should be grounds for dismissal, give me a freaking break. Talk about someone who needs to grow up.

I don't think an employer should be able to fire you for conduct outside of work.

If your employer called you in tomorrow and said, "Hey, I just found out you're a Republican, clean out your desk", I don't think you'd be so understanding.

He sure the hell can, and if it bothers him that much, then he has every right to fire me. I also would not want to work for a dumb shit Democrat, hell, those ass holes believe that the only ones entitled to privilege is themselves.

Forum List

Back