Woman's joke recieves backlash from public

I got yelled at the Arlington cemetery for walking arm and arm with my chick friend. Just by a passer by. They said it was disrespectful.

I told them to fuck off and mind their own business. But people are very sensitive about Arlington is my point. Touchy.

Yep, too touchy, sometimes we forget why most of those resting in Arlington are there. They died to protect our rights, not to be petty or deny them. I think this woman has learned her lesson, she has appologized and I, as a combat veteran, forgive her. And for those who chose to attempt to demean me for it, I say fuck off.

Quote from article:

Stone's photo shows her flipping off a sign and appearing to shout at the tomb in Washington, D.C., that asks for "Silence and Respect" at the Arlington National Cemetery. Stone and her co-workers were on a work trip last month when the photo was taken.
After people posted comments critical of Stone, she posted: "Whoa whoa whoa... wait. This is just us, being the douchebags that we are, challenging authority in general. Much like the pic posted the night before, of me smoking right next to a no smoking sign. OBVIOUSLY we meant NO disrespect to people that serve or have served our country."

Prank Photo at Tomb of Unknowns Sparks Backlash - Yahoo! News

What do you think?

Stupidity should be painful.

I love when conservatives argue with each other, that their #1 insult is to call each other "a libtard".

:lmao:

Yea, why do you think that is? Could it be all the idiotic BS libtards embrace?

Nah. Lefties do it too. I think it's a pack mentality thing. :)

All groups will have a sense of tribalism to some degree. But you'll notice that conservatives are much more willing to go against each other here. Conservatives fight for principles. Liberals fight for us vs. them.

Idiot. All's you said is that she has the right to do it. I'm not disagreeing. And the company has the right to fire her ass.

Yep, and they haven't done that at this point, so I plan to contact them and ask they not do so. Speaking as a veteran I think that would be over kill for this situation, which we see happening allot now days. I think it's wrong.

You think it's wrong for companies to expect their employees to behave well and not act like bratty children? Gotcha. I guess we have a different view of right and wrong. I submit you'd much rather live in a world with people with my view. People have forgotten to have dignity and honor and that is why we're where we are.

The company has the right, but should they exercise the right? I think she was incredibly stupid in her conduct, however some former military respect her right to say it, so maybe you put her on probation and listen to those who serve. It would make it a win, win.

Yep, and they haven't done that at this point, so I plan to contact them and ask they not do so. Speaking as a veteran I think that would be over kill for this situation, which we see happening allot now days. I think it's wrong.

You think it's wrong for companies to expect their employees to behave well and not act like bratty children? Gotcha. I guess we have a different view of right and wrong. I submit you'd much rather live in a world with people with my view. People have forgotten to have dignity and honor and that is why we're where we are.

The company has the right, but should they exercise the right? I think she was incredibly stupid in her conduct, however some former military respect her right to say it, so maybe you put her on probation and listen to those who serve. It would make it a win, win.

First off, nobody is arguing her right to do it. Can we get past that nonsense? This is a libtard tactic to change the scope of the argument. Libtards always shout first amendment like that's what's being argued.

Next off, it's not a win, win. If there is even one big donor who is rubbed the wrong way by them keeping her, then it's a huge loss. There's no reason to keep a jackass on payroll. She made her bed. She can lay in it.

First off, nobody is arguing her right to do it. Can we get past that nonsense? This is a libtard tactic to change the scope of the argument. Libtards always shout first amendment like that's what's being argued.

Next off, it's not a win, win. If there is even one big donor who is rubbed the wrong way by them keeping her, then it's a huge loss. There's no reason to keep a jackass on payroll. She made her bed. She can lay in it.

Exactly. I have a right to say any thing I want to, my employer has a right to fire me if it reflects poorly on the company. Them's the breaks.

Idiot. All's you said is that she has the right to do it. I'm not disagreeing. And the company has the right to fire her ass.

Now your trying to put words in my mouth, I don't think the extreme should be the default postition. People screw up, hopefully they learn from their mistakes and as a society we need to learn to be more forgiving. Like I said earlier, this woman just pissed some people off, she didn't actually hurt anyone, so what's the harm in giving her another chance. We were all young and made plenty of mistakes, do you really want to live in a world where there are no second chances.

Exactly. I have a right to say any thing I want to, my employer has a right to fire me if it reflects poorly on the company. Them's the breaks.

I agree it's the company's decision, especially because she is representing the company at the time. That said, I think there is a way for it to work beneficially for the company. Having military personnel willing to forgive her, would help the PR angle but man, she would be on a very short leash, for a long time. She was really stupid and careless.

I agree it's the company's decision, especially because she is representing the company at the time. That said, I think there is a way for it to work beneficially for the company. Having military personnel willing to forgive her, would help the PR angle but man, she would be on a very short leash, for a long time. She was really stupid and careless.

All of that would be all well and dandy if that lady was so extraordinary that she would warrant that type of extraordinary campaign. My guess is she's a lemming that is not worth that type of consideration. The company doesn't owe her that type of consideration nor should they give it to her. Even if she was a great employee; the matter would still be debatable.

Now your trying to put words in my mouth, I don't think the extreme should be the default postition. People screw up, hopefully they learn from their mistakes and as a society we need to learn to be more forgiving. Like I said earlier, this woman just pissed some people off, she didn't actually hurt anyone, so what's the harm in giving her another chance. We were all young and made plenty of mistakes, do you really want to live in a world where there are no second chances.

Hey, I'm all for second chances. But this lady will be invariably hurting the organization if they keep her. She has to go.

There's no law against stupidity and ignorance, but that's no reason to expect that her actions shouldn't have consequences, is it?

she was on a company paid trip......i would have fired her ass so fast it would make her head spin out of her ass

my father is buried in a military graveyard.....you see all kinds of things...people pouring booze on graves....people laying on graves...etc and so forth but its quiet....we tend to go and try to neaten graves....we will blow a joint and work on the graves...we do not take pics or anything....its just a personal private thing....

you can 1st admn all you want but on company time? it does not exist

All of that would be all well and dandy if that lady was so extraordinary that she would warrant that type of extraordinary campaign. My guess is she's a lemming that is not worth that type of consideration. The company doesn't owe her that type of consideration nor should they give it to her. Even if she was a great employee; the matter would still be debatable.

Your guess, really, aren't you assuming facts where you really have no clue? For all you know she could have been employee of the year for the last 5 years. Sure, I guess, your guess, out weighs everyones guess. ROFLMFAO

There's no law against stupidity and ignorance, but that's no reason to expect that her actions shouldn't have consequences, is it?

I guess I have a problem with anyone being held accountable for what they say on Twitter, Linked In, Facebook, etc. at work if it doesn't directly effect the company.

This thread is one reason I don't do social media, too many down sides.

I guess I have a problem with anyone being held accountable for what they say on Twitter, Linked In, Facebook, etc. at work if it doesn't directly effect the company.

This thread is one reason I don't do social media, too many down sides.

I have to for my side business, but I keep everything clean and never say a cross word about my day job on there. I know people at my company have reviewed my Linked In account at least once.

I have a problem with an idiot being an idiot on a company trip.

Forum List

Back