Woman Says Bible Saved Her From $500K in Debt

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Woman Says Bible Saved Her From $500K in Debt | NBC Philadelphia

Many believers say the Bible has an answer for any problem, even money and finances. As millions of Americans try to dig out of debt during a tough economic climate, one Maryland woman said she needed to look no further than the Good Book for her financial guidance.

Katrina Clements said that at her worst she had $500,000 in credit card debt. Clements said at the time she was earning $30,000 a year as a nurse and would use one credit card to pay the other while enjoying buying whatever she wanted.

For more than 10 years, her debt went up and down, taking a toll on her marriage and her life.

Now debt free, Clements said she has found relief through the church and God.

Clements pastor, John K. Jenkins, of the First Baptist Church of Glenarden said, "I have accumulated this bottle of cut up credit cards from people who have been delivered from the credit card demon. God wants us to have money and not for money to have us."

Clements said Jenkins' teaching changed her life. Down from half a million dollars in credit card debt to $30,000, Katrina took the church's financial freedom class. She said that about year later, she was out of debt, and credits the change to tithing, giving 10 percent of her earnings to God first then paying bills.

So what did she do?

Declare bankruptcy!!!

No he didn't Sunni Man. The added bonus to the video was the very attractive black female reporter, very classy and sexy looking lady.

But anyway's for those who deny the power of the Bible and just some old hoary book you need to think again.

Katrina Clements said that at her worst she had $500,000 in credit card debt. Clements said at the time she was earning $30,000 a year as a nurse and would use one credit card to pay the other while enjoying buying whatever she wanted.

Sounds like complete bullshit to me, Bass.

The Bible does teach the concept of debt as slavery. The book of Proverbs has a lot to say on the subject.
As bad practice leads to bad results, isn't it just common sense that so many of our financial troubles in this nation stem from people making stupid dicisions with their money, buying now and paying for it later.
That's been my problem. Now about half my income goes to debt. And it was the Bible that made me realize that debt is just plain stupid in most cases. I'm paying it off and then I'm done, God willing!

Actually I think the Bible and the Koran BOTH say the usary is evil, folks.

Yeah, that's right, evil. Not merely a bad financial practice, but a evil practice.

Think, Christians, about the one and only time tht Jesus got so pissed he got violent.

Remember who he went after?

the money changers in the temple.

And what are money changer in the temple?

People who are manipulating the currency.

So the only people in the world, that Jesus hated enough to overturn the tables, were who?

Money changers....in other words...bankers

Last edited:

Forum List

Back