With 11 days of experience....

Before anyone says it, YES, I got this from MSNBC. However, I found it rather intriguing. Why is it that the GOP picked Bob McDonnell, a guy with 11 days of Governor experience to deliver the rebuttal to the President's SOTU address? And then, within his rebuttal, the only other Republican he mentioned was Scott Brown, who so far has zero days of experience in the senate? Does anyone else find this odd? Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?
Then you should have realized how stupid it is:

"A former lieutenant colonel in the United States Army, McDonnell is a Republican who served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1992 to 2005 and as Attorney General of Virginia from 2006 to 2009."

In short, he has plenty of experience in politics, unlike a certain community organizer.

Thanks for posting the back story on McDonnell. :clap2:
I had no idea he had a military background as well as a political one. Explains the air of discipline surrounding him.

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Xenophon again.)
His oldest daughter served in Iraq also.

Before anyone says it, YES, I got this from MSNBC. However, I found it rather intriguing. Why is it that the GOP picked Bob McDonnell, a guy with 11 days of Governor experience to deliver the rebuttal to the President's SOTU address? And then, within his rebuttal, the only other Republican he mentioned was Scott Brown, who so far has zero days of experience in the senate? Does anyone else find this odd? Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?

reset button.

They pushed it and now no one can ever mention what the R party has done in the last 100 years because they are a brand new party that just started 11 days ago.

They still get to attack any dem from the past however.

reset button.

Interesting. I thought Hillary was the only one handing those out....and funny, it never seemed to stop the Dems from blaming absolutely everything that has happened this year on the previous eight.

Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?

Of course they are. They know they have to or else they will remain the minority on Congress.

-TSO

LOL If I were you Suave I don't think I would bet my last buck on that supposition.

The Dems are doing a pretty good job of shooting themselves in the ass. LOL. Will have to see how this all plays out.

So, holding true to your apparent values, is it safe to assume you did not vote for Palin, either?

No.. my vote was for McCain for President... not because Palin was on the ticket... mainly because it was a vote against Obama... I would have voted for Hillary before Obama... and THAT is saying something

Oh, so putting a bimbo with little to no experience in the SECOND most important job in the world, is OK, then. Thanks for clearing that up for me.:cuckoo:

Bit of a spin. Putting someone WITH NO executive experience in the number one spot is, in my eyes, a bit harder to swallow than putting someone WITH executive experience in the number two spot.

reset button.

Interesting. I thought Hillary was the only one handing those out....and funny, it never seemed to stop the Dems from blaming absolutely everything that has happened this year on the previous eight.

hahsahahahahahaha

You really have NO idea how pathetically silly you are do you.

You railed agains Clinton and Carter your entire political life.

Now all of the sudden the day Obama takes over no one is ever supposed to mention the party who presided over the country while the mess was cooked up with lack of regulations and slip shod regulation inforcement.

You will rail against Obama when his time is up and pretend you never said stupid ass shit like what you just said.

grow up and accept that the ideas you want so badly to be good are shitcakes that caused this to happen twice in one lifetime.

I don't know how anyone can doubt that republicans are changing their image to resopnd to the growing number a dissatisfied independents that feel both parties have ignored them in the past and as a result have wildly expanded government costs without daring to increase taxes to pay for them.

Truthmatters Blathered:
hahsahahahahahaha

Now all of the sudden the day Obama takes over no one is ever supposed to mention the party who presided over the country while the mess was cooked up with lack of regulations and slip shod regulation inforcement.

You will rail against Obama when his time is up and pretend you never said stupid ass shit like what you just said.

grow up and accept that the ideas you want so badly to be good are shitcakes that caused this to happen twice in one lifetime.

Oh, Truthy....

I have no problem with you mentioning Bush as often as you'd like...as long as its a) applicable and b) as long as you are also willing to allow our current President to take responsibility for the things that he has f*cked up, or f*cked up more than the previous administration did.

But you seem unable or unwilling to do that...so by all means, continue to hide behind silly little posts like the one above...where you blather on as if you know me or know what I have said about previous administrations. It makes you look cute, silly, and sad...which is apparently where you are comfortable.

I'll continue to take aim at our current and at past administrations...because I'm well aware that all politicians are fair-game...Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush...and yes, even Obama. There's no such thing as a reset button...just like there's no such thing as a "1 year criticism free button" no matter how desperately some might want their to be.

reset button.

hahsahahahahahaha

Talk about silly.....

Did Reagan complain about Carter's mess? Did Bush complain about Clinton's dot com bubble mess?

The post referred to the Democratic leaders continually blaming the last 8 years......not the people on message boards.

reset button.

hahsahahahahahaha

YOur right Truth. Bush had lots to answer for but Obama isn't exactly doing much to correct anything.

He has wasted a whole year with his healthcare bs when he should have been focused on the economy and jobs. The only reason he's focused on that now is because the Dems got their asses kicked in 3 elections. Self preservation is a stron motivator.

Bush isn't innocent but you seem to thinK OBAma is. Jeeze. Take the blinders off and take a real objective look at OL'BO. If you can.

I don't know how anyone can doubt that republicans are changing their image to resopnd to the growing number a dissatisfied independents that feel both parties have ignored them in the past and as a result have wildly expanded government costs without daring to increase taxes to pay for them.
They are slowly rebuilding their party.

They know they can't do well with what didn't work in 2008, which includes sister sarah, they are trying to put new faces out there.

You might be correct. And the republican party needs a new face so it's about time

I thought his rebuttal was good.

The Republican party will not rebuild itself until it realizes it needs to move away from the far right on social issues. The same can be said about the Democratic party in regards to the far left and fiscal issues.

-TSO

hahsahahahahahaha

YOur right Truth. Bush had lots to answer for but Obama isn't exactly doing much to correct anything.

He has wasted a whole year with his healthcare bs when he should have been focused on the economy and jobs. The only reason he's focused on that now is because the Dems got their asses kicked in 3 elections. Self preservation is a stron motivator.

Bush isn't innocent but you seem to thinK OBAma is. Jeeze. Take the blinders off and take a real objective look at OL'BO. If you can.

What makes me laugh is a year ago the republicans suggested tax cuts to small business in an effort to create jobs. Obama and his team opted to ignore the idea and instead borrow a trillion dollars to build golf courses and disneyland monorails...

Now that it didnt work, he proposes tax cuts to small business and is heralded for coming upo with such a brilliant idea.

Seems people still want to blame who created the mess and not blame the one person who promised to clean it up with obvious signs of progress in 6 months and unemployment never topping 8% at the cost of 1 trillion dollars....and failed.

Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?

Of course they are. They know they have to or else they will remain the minority on Congress.

-TSO

LOL If I were you Suave I don't think I would bet my last buck on that supposition.

The Dems are doing a pretty good job of shooting themselves in the ass. LOL. Will have to see how this all plays out.

Both parties seem to do the same thing once they have power.

-TSO

You might be correct. And the republican party needs a new face so it's about time

I thought his rebuttal was good.

First....I voted for McDonnell. I lke his ideas FOR VIRGINIA. However, you and another poster talked about how McDonnell provided substance. I heard McDonnell wander through some tlaking points on education. Can you please point out the substance that he provided, as I did not hear any?

The Republican party will not rebuild itself until it realizes it needs to move away from the far right on social issues. The same can be said about the Democratic party in regards to the far left and fiscal issues.

-TSO

Totally agree Suave.

Both parties have to govern from the Center. Obama is finding that out now.I still don't know if he will move to the center as Clinton did, or pretend to. Only time will tell on that one.

YOur right on both parties shooting themselves in the ass also. Reps did a bang up job last time around and Dems are matching them for stupidity. LOL

Last edited:
you guys crashed the economy twice in one lifetime.

Our ideas fixed them once and now are working on fixing it again.

History connot be revised to fit your views.

Forum List

Back