With 11 days of experience....

Before anyone says it, YES, I got this from MSNBC. However, I found it rather intriguing. Why is it that the GOP picked Bob McDonnell, a guy with 11 days of Governor experience to deliver the rebuttal to the President's SOTU address? And then, within his rebuttal, the only other Republican he mentioned was Scott Brown, who so far has zero days of experience in the senate? Does anyone else find this odd? Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?

The GOP picked Bob McDonnell to deliver the rebuttal to the President's SOTU speech because all of the more experienced GOP members were to busy rolling around on the floor laughing after Obama's speech.

Oh, so putting a bimbo with little to no experience in the SECOND most important job in the world, is OK, then. Thanks for clearing that up for me.:cuckoo:

Putting someone in the position of vice pres with lesser (but still more than Obama) experience is a FAR cry for what people did voting for Obama

Stop talking in such vague terms. YOU stated that YOU did not vote for Obama due to his lack of experience. Then YOU stated that YOU voted for Palin for Vice President, and a President racked with medical issues and 72 years old....

Yes... now if Palin was a choice in the primary, going for Prez... I would NOT have voted for her because of her lack of experience

Would I have voted for her instead of simply abstaining from the Presidential vote, over Obama... tough call.... don't know if I would have or not

As for McCain's health.... is he on death's door?? Is he showing signs that he's going to die soon?? Funny, if he is, that is news to me....

Yet... as stated.. experience matters to you in areas of tiny importance.. but in terms of President... it mattered not... now THAT is pretty telling

Before anyone says it, YES, I got this from MSNBC. However, I found it rather intriguing. Why is it that the GOP picked Bob McDonnell, a guy with 11 days of Governor experience to deliver the rebuttal to the President's SOTU address? And then, within his rebuttal, the only other Republican he mentioned was Scott Brown, who so far has zero days of experience in the senate? Does anyone else find this odd? Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?

I certainly hope so, especially after Jindal's flaccid prattle last year.

So, holding true to your apparent values, is it safe to assume you did not vote for Palin, either?

No.. my vote was for McCain for President... not because Palin was on the ticket... mainly because it was a vote against Obama... I would have voted for Hillary before Obama... and THAT is saying something

Oh, so putting a bimbo with little to no experience in the SECOND most important job in the world, is OK, then. Thanks for clearing that up for me.:cuckoo:

Sarah actually ran a state as Gov. of Alaska. What had Barry ever run? Zero, zip, zilch.

It should be a requirement for someone running for president that they had to have run a business successfully so they get it.

So, holding true to your apparent values, is it safe to assume you did not vote for Palin, either?

No.. my vote was for McCain for President... not because Palin was on the ticket... mainly because it was a vote against Obama... I would have voted for Hillary before Obama... and THAT is saying something

Good grief, man. What the hell is with you today? Did somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning? :eusa_eh:

Sarah Palin isn't a "bimbo". She's a married, mother of five, and the former governor of Alaska. And while I don't always agree with her, and wouldn't vote her in a primary... the bottom line is that she most certainly did have more experience than Barack Obama as an executive. Hell, Obama had never run so much as a hotdog stand, let alone a city or state government, and he was running for the top slot.

You asked a question. Diamond Dave was kind enough to give you an answer, the exact same answer I would've given myself. WTF is with the attitude? :eusa_eh:

On topic.... I think you're right. The GOP has found success on the McDonnell model that was repeated in Scott Brown. He's articulate, soothing, and unpolished. He's talking about ideas for governance, rather than a Huckabee-esque social model.

Sarah actually ran a state as Gov. of Alaska. What had Barry ever run? Zero, zip, zilch.

It should be a requirement for someone running for president that they had to have run a business successfully so they get it.

Should it also be a requirement that said person running a state cannot simply quit when the going gets tough?

Last edited:

Good grief, man. What the hell is with you today? Did somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning? :eusa_eh:

Sarah Palin isn't a "bimbo". She's a married, mother of five, and the former governor of Alaska. And while I don't always agree with her, and wouldn't vote her in a primary... the bottom line is that she most certainly did have more experience than Barack Obama as an executive. Hell, Obama had never run so much as a hotdog stand, let alone a city or state government, and he was running for the top slot.

You asked a question. Diamond Dave was kind enough to give you an answer, the exact same answer I would've given myself. WTF is with the attitude? :eusa_eh:

On topic.... I think you're right. The GOP has found success on the McDonnell model that was repeated in Scott Brown. He's articulate, soothing, and unpolished. He's talking about ideas for governance, rather than a Huckabee-esque social model.

I will ignore the bulk of your post, but agree with your last paragraph. Thank you for adding that in as THAT is the type of discussion I was hoping to have. Instead, people like DD want to continue partisan politics.

She it also be a requirement that said person running a state cannot simply quit when the going gets tough?

Funny... did not know any job or elected position was forced servitude

Funny also that when she was running, she had not resigned....

But nice try

She it also be a requirement that said person running a state cannot simply quit when the going gets tough?

Should it be a requirement that one should have to finish their term before running for president?

Last edited:

I will ignore the bulk of your post, but agree with your last paragraph. Thank you for adding that in as THAT is the type of discussion I was hoping to have. Instead, people like DD want to continue partisan politics.

You're complaining about me being partisan after your starting of this thread??

Oh THAT is rich.... this whole thread was based on your hyper-partisan idiocy and hypocrisy

You forgot clean and doesn't speak with a Negro dialect (unless he wants to).

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Not quite sure what the big deal with this is...the parties often choose "up-and-comers" for big speeches when they know they have a larger mainstream audience. Afterall, didn't most Americans get their first glimpse of Barack Obama at the DNC in 2004? He was a nobody with no experience...but I don't remember people coming on here to complain about it. I remember most people being impressed with his speech and interested to see what he would do in the future.

Ditto. I think your right on this one Murf.

I watched his speech and he made more sense in the 10 minutes he had than OL'BO did in 70. A new face, lilke Brown, for the GOP?? Could very well be.

Not quite sure what the big deal with this is...the parties often choose "up-and-comers" for big speeches when they know they have a larger mainstream audience. Afterall, didn't most Americans get their first glimpse of Barack Obama at the DNC in 2004? He was a nobody with no experience...but I don't remember people coming on here to complain about it. I remember most people being impressed with his speech and interested to see what he would do in the future.

I WAS NOT COMPLAINING!!! Jesus! I said I was "intrigued" by the choice and was simply asking for some opinions on it. Get over yourselves already. Isn't that what these message boards are for?

It could also be a job-well-done slap on the backs of the many independents who helped vote the two of them in, causing huge point shifts from Obama's victory dominances just over a year ago.

I watched his speech and he made more sense in the 10 minutes he had than OL'BO did in 70. A new face, lilke Brown, for the GOP?? Could very well be.

Agreed. He offered substance over rhetoric and an extremely soothing sense of optimism. And I really do think it's a stepping away from the Huckabee model, which is something the GOP needs to do.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mike Huckabee as a person. But NOT in a federal leadership role and not as a Republican. I want Republicans who display a consistent understanding of the role of limited central government. In his support for a federal smoking ban, for example, Huckabee shows us that he just doesn't get it.
Huckabee Commits to Nationwide Smoking Ban - Elections Blog - The Stump

Further, at the federal level... a prospective candidate's personal views on abortion have very little relevance. If a candidate is a true constitutionalist, he understands that the power for dealing with social issues belongs in the States, and that Supreme Court nominees should be approved, (or not approved), based on their willingness to adhere strictly to Constitutional Law.

Yank Wrote:
I WAS NOT COMPLAINING!!! Jesus! I said I was "intrigued" by the choice and was simply asking for some opinions on it. Get over yourselves already. Isn't that what these message boards are for?

Exhale, Yank. You've been a bit hostile in this thread for no apparent reason I can see. I answered your question - and the "complaining" part probably stemmed from the fact that you have been screaming at people and calling politicians "bimbos" for no apparent reason - I apologize for saying you were complaining if you weren't, but there's no need to freak out about it, lol.

Then you should have realized how stupid it is:

"A former lieutenant colonel in the United States Army, McDonnell is a Republican who served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1992 to 2005 and as Attorney General of Virginia from 2006 to 2009."

In short, he has plenty of experience in politics, unlike a certain community organizer.

Then you should have realized how stupid it is:

"A former lieutenant colonel in the United States Army, McDonnell is a Republican who served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 1992 to 2005 and as Attorney General of Virginia from 2006 to 2009."

In short, he has plenty of experience in politics, unlike a certain community organizer.

Thanks for posting the back story on McDonnell. :clap2:
I had no idea he had a military background as well as a political one. Explains the air of discipline surrounding him.

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Xenophon again.)

Forum List

Back