With 11 days of experience....

Before anyone says it, YES, I got this from MSNBC. However, I found it rather intriguing. Why is it that the GOP picked Bob McDonnell, a guy with 11 days of Governor experience to deliver the rebuttal to the President's SOTU address? And then, within his rebuttal, the only other Republican he mentioned was Scott Brown, who so far has zero days of experience in the senate? Does anyone else find this odd? Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?

It just shows how deep the Republican Party is with credible candidates. None of their top runners (Palin, Gingrich, Huckabee or Romney) is in a position to issue a rebuttal. Every year they trot out a new hope (Jindal??) praying that he is the next big thing

Wow....you put a lot of importance on a 10 minute rebuttle. I simply see it as the opposing party to have 10 minutes for their ideas to be presented...but not as a "pre campaign" speech.
I care of only one president at a time.........it makes more sense.

Before anyone says it, YES, I got this from MSNBC. However, I found it rather intriguing. Why is it that the GOP picked Bob McDonnell, a guy with 11 days of Governor experience to deliver the rebuttal to the President's SOTU address? And then, within his rebuttal, the only other Republican he mentioned was Scott Brown, who so far has zero days of experience in the senate? Does anyone else find this odd? Are the Republicans trying to put a new face on their party?

It just shows how deep the Republican Party is with credible candidates. None of their top runners (Palin, Gingrich, Huckabee or Romney) is in a position to issue a rebuttal. Every year they trot out a new hope (Jindal??) praying that he is the next big thing

2002 Richard Gephardt.
2003 Gary Locke.
2004 Tom Daschle and Nancy Pelosi.
2005 Harry Reid
2006 Tim Kaine and Antonio Villaraigosa
2007 Jim Webb
2008 Kathleen Sebelius

Ooops, looks like they followed the Democrat's policy during the Bush administration.

-TSO

Claudette, I promise you that I am not a dumb as I am making myself seem in an attempt to rebuke what some other posters on here have claimed as "concrete" ideas contained within McDonnell's speech. However, on a larger scale, WHEN might the rest of America see these ideas? Everyone knows that the Dems call the Reps the party of "no". This is because the Reps have not made much of an attempt to get their ideas out there. Am I the only who who believes this would be in their best interest?

I disagree.
The republicans ability to get their ideas in a debate are based on Pelosi's willingness to allow such debates. And she has flat out rejected theior proposal without debate.
Their ability to get the word to the people is based on the media.
You can not deny that the media has not done their job in that regard.
One thing I know for sure....NBC and CBS viewers were never infomred of the 250 page republican helathcare initiative of several months ago.

I disagree with your assessment. Do you have anything proving your claim of pelosi not allowing debates? If you do, I would love to see it. However, IF this truly is the situation, wouldn't it behoove the GOP to put their "ideas" out there for the American people to see? And no....not all Americans watch Faux News, so that doesn't count.

Are you not aware that Nancy Pelosi is the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE ?and as such her or her designate (Speaker Pro Tempore) does indeed control the debate on the floor of the house as well as having the authority to designate committee chairpersons which are the presiding officers for committee debates.

That being said anyone who has been paying any attention at all over the past year would notice that the Republicans (along with the American Citizens that don't agree with Pelosi's warped progressive ideology) have been given very little opportunity to have their ideas brought forward for honest debate on the floor or even in committee, which is probably why major legislation coming out of the House like "Cap & Trade" or the Health Care "reform" has ended up being 99% democratic party "content".

Anybody that believes that Nancy Pelosi of all people is the least bit interested in the ideas/opinions/comments of ANYONE that does not share her worldview let alone allowing open & honest debate on them either needs a psychiatrist or has not been paying any attention at all to what she says or does in public.

I disagree.
The republicans ability to get their ideas in a debate are based on Pelosi's willingness to allow such debates. And she has flat out rejected theior proposal without debate.
One thing I know for sure....NBC and CBS viewers were never infomred of the 250 page republican helathcare initiative of several months ago.

I disagree with your assessment. Do you have anything proving your claim of pelosi not allowing debates? If you do, I would love to see it. However, IF this truly is the situation, wouldn't it behoove the GOP to put their "ideas" out there for the American people to see? And no....not all Americans watch Faux News, so that doesn't count.

Are you not aware that Nancy Pelosi is the SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE ?and as such her or her designate (Speaker Pro Tempore) does indeed control the debate on the floor of the house as well as having the authority to designate committee chairpersons which are the presiding officers for committee debates.

That being said anyone who has been paying any attention at all over the past year would notice that the Republicans (along with the American Citizens that don't agree with Pelosi's warped progressive ideology) have been given very little opportunity to have their ideas brought forward for honest debate on the floor or even in committee, which is probably why major legislation coming out of the House like "Cap & Trade" or the Health Care "reform" has ended up being 99% democratic party "content".

Anybody that believes that Nancy Pelosi of all people is the least bit interested in the ideas/opinions/comments of ANYONE that does not share her worldview let alone allowing open & honest debate on them either needs a psychiatrist or has not been paying any attention at all to what she says or does in public.

So, basically, "NO" you don't have ANY proof of this claim. Thanks for finaly answering the question.

I disagree.

Your so right on this one.

A colleague of mine said he heard her on the radio. She was saying that she didn't care what the people wanted. She was going to get this healthcare crapolla bill passed no matter what. I didn't hear this myself but my colleage said he almost fell off his chair when he hear her say that. Wouldn't surprise me as she is such a flamming idiot.

So, basically, "NO" you don't have ANY proof of this claim. Thanks for finaly answering the question.
Try paying attention to what the hell is going on here in reality instead of whatever partisan pay per view channel you've been tuned into for the last year and you'll stop making yourself look foolish chattering on about "proof".

Go look at the congressional record for 2009 if you have a desire to discover what really happened but then again I suspect you really don't care about the reality of the situation and are only concerned with scoring partisan political "points" in your own mind, good luck with that.

So now experience matters after electing the inexperienced Obama? And this is only delivering a speech, not running the country

I asked a legitimate question, dumbass. It's sad that you are too partisan to actually look at it objectively and possibly give an opinion. Now, go fuck yourself.

It's not a legitimate question, fuckface. It's a stupid question given the fact that we have a completely inexperienced dildo running our nation. His SOTU speech proved everything negative that has been said about him.

And the 11 days of experience as governor, and Brown's experience taken separately or together still exceed Barrack Dildo's experience and suitability for running the nation. The only thing in the world Obama has experience doing is fostering hate and division. Oh, and lying. I think pretty much anyone in the world is experienced enough to comment on that. Obama was a crappy junior senator, and before that had NEVER HAD A JOB which in any way prepared him for the job as president. We said it when he was running, and you know what? Every single concern has come to fruition. He's a petulant, deluded piece of shit who "will not quit" despite what the people think of his insane policies, whose #1 ambition is to dismantle the greatest nation in the world and restructure it after a Marxist model, and to PUNISH the people who don't go along with his master plan.

The guy is nuts. I fully expect the police to be called to the white house one of these days to take him off to the funny farm, after he takes off all his clothes and runs around the grounds naked shouting that he is God on Earth.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back