Windows 7 Screenshots

I would never use anything but Open Office if it wasn't for school computers for my assignments because they only have Word. (Only 2003 Word too while I have 2007 at that. So the formatting always gets messed up when transferring it over).
yeah, THAT's what pisses me off about MS more
is that they dont make their programs backwards compatable a lot of the time
and then, some programs are not compatable with others
i mean, its an MS product, there SHOULDNT be compatability issues with other MS products

yeah, THAT's what pisses me off about MS more
is that they dont make their programs backwards compatable a lot of the time
and then, some programs are not compatable with others
i mean, its an MS product, there SHOULDNT be compatability issues with other MS products

Exactly what pisses me off about MS products too. They want you to buy the newest version of whatever software they are plugging so they do shit like that. Otherwise, people like myself would probably still have Office 2003 if Openoffice wasn't around.

It's a pain in the ass to do a 15 page project or an income statement on excel only for the formatting to be screwy on the transfer.

And for whatever reason, Excel doesn't like to print on a computer outside the original one where the file was made. Least that's the problem I get sometimes.

Exactly what pisses me off about MS products too. They want you to buy the newest version of whatever software they are plugging so they do shit like that. Otherwise, people like myself would probably still have Office 2003 if Openoffice wasn't around.

It's a pain in the ass to do a 15 page project or an income statement on excel only for the formatting to be screwy on the transfer.

And for whatever reason, Excel doesn't like to print on a computer outside the original one where the file was made. Least that's the problem I get sometimes.
have you tried doing a save as...
and see if you can save it as a word 2003 file?
or excel
older versions did have that option, but the formating wasnt always saved then either

have you tried doing a save as...
and see if you can save it as a word 2003 file?
or excel
older versions did have that option, but the formating wasnt always saved then either

That's what I'm talking about (didn't realize if I didn't state that earlier).

That's when I lose the formatting most of the time, when I open Word 2007 but save it as a 97-2003 word file.

It's like playing Russian Roulette computer style.

That's what I'm talking about (didn't realize if I didn't state that earlier).

That's when I lose the formatting most of the time, when I open Word 2007 but save it as a 97-2003 word file.

It's like playing Russian Roulette computer style.
LOL well, i havent done any of that in some time
but you should have seen the fun i went through a few years back opening excel files in lotus 123 and vice versa
LOL
now THAT was always interesting
some of the formulas wouldnt even transfer
had to rewrite them to work in both

LOL well, i havent done any of that in some time
but you should have seen the fun i went through a few years back opening excel files in lotus 123 and vice versa
LOL
now THAT was always interesting
some of the formulas wouldnt even transfer
had to rewrite them to work in both

I had that problem earlier, just makes me want to throw my keyboard.

It's why I try to avoid doing formulas on my work unless I know for sure it's a final draft. Otherwise, you're going to lose it all once you copy and paste it unless it's in the exact same cell.

I haven't even bothered to upgrade to Vista with all the bad stuff I've heard about it. I still have XP.

I really don't need a large computer myself. I'm currently only using 8.2% of my computer's space or 22 GB.
If you are even somewhat computer savvy, "vista" will not be a problem for you. I turned the UAC off! That is the most annoying aspect. I was even able to install Neverwinter Nights and all the expansions with no problems and if you look at their website loads of people didn't know how to install it.

It's just knowing computers a little more then the average Joe who only emails and stuff.

Vista is no problem for me at all. You just have to tweak it a little. It's like buying a new car and adjusting the seat and mirrors. *wink*

However Vista will not run right if you have 2 gigs of ram or less. Well 2 is the min. I have 4 gigs so it runs nice with that. Doesn't help to have a decent power suppy also. Oh and add a nice video card. LOL

I had that problem earlier, just makes me want to throw my keyboard.

It's why I try to avoid doing formulas on my work unless I know for sure it's a final draft. Otherwise, you're going to lose it all once you copy and paste it unless it's in the exact same cell.
actually, there is a trick to copy & paste and not messing up the formulas

Miss my old Dell. No bloody quad core, no bloody duo core, just plain old standard single core. 1 gig of RAM. 120 GB hard drive. SIGH. I miss the simple days. Windows Vista is so terribly complicated I hate it.

Old tech works so much better than new tech ...

... people forget it takes almost 10 years to work out the problems of anything.

Forum List

Back