Windows 7 Screenshots

Robert,

I just bought a new computer and while I'm not happy with Vista I just couldn't go with the Mac's that I can afford. If you can spend over 2 grand then yeah get a Mac. They do have a program that is like excel, powerpoint, forgot the name but it can open those files from Office from what I was told.

I ended up buying an Alienware PC. I spent 17k on it and I like how I was able to select what I wanted in the dang thing.

So far I haven't had one problem with Vista but I'm a little computer savvy so I disabled a lot of stuff Vista has running.

It is so true when it comes to buying a pc of "You get what you pay for" remember that. Building your own is the best, and that is why I selected Alienware because basically I selected what I wanted and they built it for me. I didn't want the hassle of going to the store buying this and that. Besides Alienware surrives on their reputation and they work hard at keeping it.

I haven't even bothered to upgrade to Vista with all the bad stuff I've heard about it. I still have XP.

I really don't need a large computer myself. I'm currently only using 8.2% of my computer's space or 22 GB.

I'd get a Mac if it were more user friendly and it's programs were better then Microsoft.

With that, I mean word, excel, powerpoint,etc. The number of things that I need as a high school/soon to be college student. I know a great number of people with Macs who try to get those programs installed on their Mac and having tried one myself I can see why. :lol:

OpenOffice Robert. Free.

I'm running it on Ubuntu Ibex and it's beautiful

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

I haven't even bothered to upgrade to Vista with all the bad stuff I've heard about it. I still have XP.

I really don't need a large computer myself. I'm currently only using 8.2% of my computer's space or 22 GB.
my desktop has XP, my laptop is vista, i havent had a single problem with vista

I bought an HP Pocket Media Drive for about $160 (remember stuff here costs more) and it's handy, nice and portable, I've got a 250 gb hard drive and a 500 gb external on board as well but that little HP I can take with me. You don't need a new computer to expand your storage.

Interesting, a person who has no problem with Vista and using it on a laptop no less. :lol:

Many of the laptops with it pre-installed are also configured just for Vista, though I would replace it with the much more secure and user friendly Ubuntu myself, having the hardware and software in sync works well regardless of the OS, look at Mac, it's the reason Apple doesn't have many third party pieces.

I bought an HP Pocket Media Drive for about $160 (remember stuff here costs more) and it's handy, nice and portable, I've got a 250 gb hard drive and a 500 gb external on board as well but that little HP I can take with me. You don't need a new computer to expand your storage.

I have something similiar to that. Dead useful too.

Many of the laptops with it pre-installed are also configured just for Vista, though I would replace it with the much more secure and user friendly Ubuntu myself, having the hardware and software in sync works well regardless of the OS, look at Mac, it's the reason Apple doesn't have many third party pieces.
i had the beta 2 of vista on my desktop(its own partitian and dual boot)
only problem i had was a driver that the manu didnt want to make one for the older cards
otherwise i would still be using vista on the desktop

but then, i'm not installing every PoS game i find online either
LOL

That does help a lot to. Games tend to install a lot of extra garbage these days. Older games are not an issue though because they don't use a lot of libraries like the newer ones (DLL's are the work of the devil!) instead they rely more heavily on core programming and thus don't interfere with the OS or install extra libraries for Windoze to have to look at (and often preload) everytime you boot up.

Open source rules ... Open Office especially.

Long live open source!

I would never use anything but Open Office if it wasn't for school computers for my assignments because they only have Word. (Only 2003 Word too while I have 2007 at that. So the formatting always gets messed up when transferring it over).

That does help a lot to. Games tend to install a lot of extra garbage these days. Older games are not an issue though because they don't use a lot of libraries like the newer ones (DLL's are the work of the devil!) instead they rely more heavily on core programming and thus don't interfere with the OS or install extra libraries for Windoze to have to look at (and often preload) everytime you boot up.
or the TSR's
or the massive amounts of spyware/adware/malware that a lot of CRAP online installs

i had the beta 2 of vista on my desktop(its own partitian and dual boot)
only problem i had was a driver that the manu didnt want to make one for the older cards
otherwise i would still be using vista on the desktop

The main reason I love Ubuntu, all the older cards are fully supported as well as the newer ones because they keep it all in the repositories, so once you install it searches those for the support you need if not already installed. Saves me a lot of time, but I highly recommend you stick with Hardy until they get a new GUI applet for the newest Xorg server, they are a pain without it.

nope, not into those games at all
LOL
why buy a game that i have to continue paying for to play
LOL

:lol: I've played WoW and if you have the time then the $$$ is worth it.

Online games are the future for both computer games more and of course systems like PS3, 360, etc.

As long as other people continue to play the game, you spend little money compared to the amount of time would commit to a game.

Forum List

Back