Will Trayvon Martin autopsy findings cause problems for Obama?

"If I had a son, he would look just like Trayvon Martin."

what is so bad about the truth? :evil:

If I had a son, he might look like Trayvon too.

The issue isnt whether it's true. The issue is it's irrelevant to the discussion and demonstrated little leadership.

The proper response would have been "I wasn't there, I don't know all the details. Have patience and let the police finish their investigation and the courts determine any guilt or innocence. And as Americans we should denounce any attempts for vigilante justice and violence over this tragedy."

The problem was that rather then say that, he said something that was at best irrelevant and at worst inflamed some people.

True--Obama probably shouldn't have stated that--BUT--we have a lot of people who are defending the indefensible--Zimmerman's actions that night. He is definitely responsible for Martin's death. An innocent young man died--because Zimmerman chose to ignore the police dispatcher--"to not pursue". This is all recorded--along with Zimmerman's statement that Martin was running AWAY from him--along with "they always get away."

Zimmerman's reckless disregard of the police telling him to stay out of this--is certainly the cause of Martins death. Now for you nay-sayers out there--take a look at your newspapers--and you will note that a drunken brawl in a bar--someone dies--and the man left standing is always charged with manslaughter. I can think of two incidents in the last 6 months that happened in my state.

Zimmerman may also be charged with a federal hate crime.

I don't think they can prove that--as 47% of the neighborhood was white--meaning the other 53% were minority including black.

I think it was just a case of STUPID man walking around with a gun--and acting like a wanna-be cop. I think anyone that caught Zimmerman's eye that night--that seemed "suspicious" to him--regardless of color--would have met the same fate.

Last edited:

Zimmerman, friend of black youth (for some insane reason). Zimmerman has a black friend who is such a good friend that he has defended Zimmerman on national TV. Zimmerman with black relatives... shoots someone who was assaulting him... Obama/Holder think it's a hate crime.

Gangs of Afros attacking whites, yelling racial slurs, claiming to have picked their victims by race... Obama/Holder doesn't think it's a hate crime.

That's fair. I don't think Afros are people.

I don't think they can prove that--as 47% of the neighborhood was white--meaning the other 53% were minority including black.

I think it was just a case of STUPID man walking around with a gun--and acting like a wanna-be cop. I think anyone that caught Zimmerman's eye that night--that seemed "suspicious" to him would have met the same fate.

Maybe, but the FBI is closely checking Zimmerman's background for previous racial acts and comments.

THC found in his blood. Causes paranoia.

"If I had a son, he would look just like Trayvon Martin."

BaCrackhead Obama

No Marijuana--or THC content does not cause "paranoia." Most of the time it is a very passive non-aggressive reaction. Ask any cop. Very much UNLIKE alcohol--which is known to cause aggression.

The fact is THC--compiles in the fat cells of a body--and can stay there for months. That's why medical marijuana states are having a hard time passing laws regarding the amount of THC in one's fat cells--and charging them with a DUI--when they may be completely sober.

Furthermore--If I saw an unknown Hispanic following me around a neighborhood--that would be enough for anyone--especially a black man--to believe that he was going to be a target of a gang hit.

The prosecutor on this case today released more than 250 pages of evidence and have an additional 40 audio/video recordings--suggesting they have a lot of evidence against Zimmerman. The experienced lead homicide investigator on the scene that night wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter. And that speaks another 1000 pages.

So Zimmerman should have just let Trayvon beat him to death with the martial art moves?

I think it was just a case of STUPID man walking around with a gun--and acting like a wanna-be cop. I think anyone that caught Zimmerman's eye that night--that seemed "suspicious" to him--regardless of color--would have met the same fate.

Zimmerman was no wanna be cop. It was his dream to join the police force but he never had swagger and never tried to play the tough guy. He's just a nice young man from all theaccounts of neighbors interviewed and was a highly concientious neighborhood watchman.

Very well liked. A family man. Going to college at the same time as having a job. He wasn't out hunting a black man to kill.

Trayvon was beating the ever living shit out of him. The police tape had Zimmerman screaming for help 14 times. He had a broken nose. He had lacerations.

The one witness said Trayvon was using martial arts moves on him.

[...]

Yes, the Afro smoked pot. By itself, not a big deal. In the context of all we know of Trayvon, it further establishes Trayvon as a hoodlum. And, it adds credibility to Zimmerman's judgement, because he said it looked like the Afro was on drugs.
What is it that established Trayvon as a hoodlum?

That is not a smart-ass question, nor am I taking a side in this issue. I'm trying to remain objective and I have read or heard nothing to suggest Martin is a hoodlum. So I'm curious to know what your statement is based on. If you know something I don't I'd appreciate being educated about it.

For me, the bottom line question in this issue is did Martin deserve to be killed. But to know that I need to know what happened when Zimmerman confronted him. There already is cause to believe Zimmerman should not have confronted him at all and it's going to take a lot to get past that extremely pivotal fact.

I am by no means a "bleeding heart liberal." If Zimmerman was minding his business and/or conducting himself properly and Martin aggressively accosted him, then I'd say Martin got what he was asking for. But what I've heard strongly suggests that is not what happened. So I'm looking for facts to base a firm opinion on.

I am interested in learning all I can about this incident and one thing I wish to make clear is I do not agree with those who believe killing Martin was a good thing simply because he was Black. That is not rational thinking and is not compatible with the reality of life in contemporary America.

It's okay to kill someone -- but you need a damn good reason to do so.

Zimmerman was no wanna be cop. It was his dream to join the police force but he never had swagger and never tried to play the tough guy. He's just a nice young man from all theaccounts of neighbors interviewed and was a highly concientious neighborhood watchman.

Very well liked. A family man. Going to college at the same time as having a job. He wasn't out hunting a black man to kill.

Trayvon was beating the ever living shit out of him. The police tape had Zimmerman screaming for help 14 times. He had a broken nose. He had lacerations.

The one witness said Trayvon was using martial arts moves on him.

You describe Zimmerman the way his neighbors described Ted Bundy.

So Zimmerman should have just let Trayvon beat him to death with the martial art moves?

Zimmerman got much less than he deserved for stalking and killing an unarmed teenager.

So he should just have let Trayvon, not the child Trayvon, but the real Trayvon beat him to death correct? Marshall arts moves?

Just let Trayvon beat him to death.

Obviously that's the only thing that would make you happy. Quite twisted. Very ill. One sick puppy you are Lakhota.

I think it was just a case of STUPID man walking around with a gun--and acting like a wanna-be cop. I think anyone that caught Zimmerman's eye that night--that seemed "suspicious" to him would have met the same fate.

Maybe, but the FBI is closely checking Zimmerman's background for previous racial acts and comments.

I think they have already done that--and I believe that the U.S. Justice department under Eric Holder has already dropped any kind of hate crime prosecution on Zimmerman.

Look it was just an aggressive dumb ass (with gun)--wanna be cop--that ignored the police department by pursuing Martin. It could have been anybody--any color that night that looked suspicious to Zimmerman.

Zimmerman got much less than he deserved for stalking and killing an unarmed teenager.

So he should just have let Trayvon, not the child Trayvon, but the real Trayvon beat him to death correct? Marshall arts moves?

Just let Trayvon beat him to death.

Obviously that's the only thing that would make you happy. Quite twisted. Very ill. One sick puppy you are Lakhota.

That's bullshit. It's like I walk up to you--"after being told not to by law enforcement"--you bloody my nose during a confrontation--(when I wasn't suppose to be there in the first place)--and I get to shoot you dead.

Does that make any sense to you at all?

The issue isnt whether it's true. The issue is it's irrelevant to the discussion and demonstrated little leadership.

The proper response would have been "I wasn't there, I don't know all the details. Have patience and let the police finish their investigation and the courts determine any guilt or innocence. And as Americans we should denounce any attempts for vigilante justice and violence over this tragedy."

The problem was that rather then say that, he said something that was at best irrelevant and at worst inflamed some people.

True--Obama probably shouldn't have stated that--BUT--we have a lot of people who are defending the indefensible--Zimmerman's actions that night. He is definitely responsible for Martin's death. An innocent young man died--because Zimmerman chose to ignore the police dispatcher--"to not pursue". This is all recorded--along with Zimmerman's statement that Martin was running AWAY from him--along with "they always get away."

Zimmerman's reckless disregard of the police telling him to stay out of this--is certainly the cause of Martins death. Now for you nay-sayers out there--take a look at your newspapers--and you will note that a drunken brawl in a bar--someone dies--and the man left standing is always charged with manslaughter. I can think of two incidents in the last 6 months that happened in my state.

There is nothing indefensible. He has a clear cut affirmative defense of self defense. Whether the evidence convinces a jury or not is up in the area, but it's hardly indefensible.

The issue isnt whether it's true.

no it's about using negative spin to make something out of a thoughtful and emotional, and an innocent comment

So the comment showed leadership? What exactly was thoughtful about the comment? It seems rather thoughtless to me. Rather than lead and affirm our justice system and Due process, he says something that does the exact opposite.

Forum List

Back