Will the Resistance fade?

As if political passions in this country were not high enough, Trump's win has taken them to a whole new level.

I heard Rush the other day say that the Resistance is beginning to slow down, and I see zero (0) sign of that. Trump has 12-18 months to make a clear and positive mark, because what's coming from the Left in '18 and '20 will be big and intense.

What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Can the Resistance keep up the intensity through 2020?

Stuff like this doesn't help calm the nation one bit.......

Clinton rallies Democrats via video message

As if political passions in this country were not high enough, Trump's win has taken them to a whole new level.

I heard Rush the other day say that the Resistance is beginning to slow down, and I see zero (0) sign of that. Trump has 12-18 months to make a clear and positive mark, because what's coming from the Left in '18 and '20 will be big and intense.

What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

I think what you are seeing is the Left waking up politically and forming their own Tea Party movement. It's not going to go away soon.

I think it's also a "redefining" movement of what it means to be Left and what the Democrats should stand for.

It's very like the Tea Party.
Yeah, that's the feeling I'm getting.

The question is what the party does with this new energy.

I think what you are seeing is the Left waking up politically and forming their own Tea Party movement. It's not going to go away soon.

I think it's also a "redefining" movement of what it means to be Left and what the Democrats should stand for.

Yeah, that's the feeling I'm getting.

The question is what the party does with this new energy.

Exactly!

I dunno. This is anecdotal evidence only, but holy crap - my Facebook screen is crammed with lefties reporting on meetings they've gone to, plans they've made, etc. etc. News stories from across the country are showing the same thing. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but at least for now they're incredibly energized.

They're still stupid though, and devoted to regressive politics.

So was OWS.

That failed very quickly.

So was OWS.

I don't think OWS was - it was never well focused, spread out over all kinds of issues...

I think this movement is much more politically motivated for change.

Think Tea Party.

So was OWS.

I don't think OWS was - it was never well focused, spread out over all kinds of issues...

I think this movement is much more politically motivated for change.
I can give you this. They are a LOT more organized this time around.

Think Tea Party.
Yeah, I think that's closer to it that something like OWS.

What's the "focus" from Dem's "We hate Trump" - that's the only thing they really seem to agree with and I don't see Hatred winning despite the media spin about "white lash" electing Trump.

What I see is that the left is going further left instead of following the "winning formula" for President Trump, which was coming more to the center. I think the D party is in serious trouble, and frankly given their apparent desire to go even further left, I hope they destroy themselves.

What I see is that the left is going further left instead of following the "winning formula" for President Trump, which was coming more to the center.
It's early, but every indication I've seen to this point is as you describe. The party energy is clearly geared to move it solidly Left.

But again, that's the danger here: If Trump blows this, the "progressives" will be waiting and the country will swing in that direction.

I /just/ watched a video from the Young Turks guy in another thread. They've started a far left "progressive" party (The Just-Us Party) so it sounds like I might be right heh

Do I believe the Progressive movement can sustain their anger at the Democratic Leadership!?!

Yes.

Do I believe the Progressive movement will grow enough to make a serious run in 2018!?!

No.

Will they form enough in 2020!?!

No.

You have anger but over time it will die. The Senate is the Progressive only shot in the next four years because the House will stay red.

If the Progressive Left win the Senate it still will not help in 2020 unless they find their next unknown candidate like they did with Obama in 2008...

Do I believe the Progressive movement will grow enough to make a serious run in 2018!?! No. Will they form enough in 2020!?! No. You have anger but over time it will die. The Senate is the Progressive only shot in the next four years because the House will stay red.
Not sure. There's a great deal of energy. But FAR more importantly, they are focusing their energy on local organizing, getting more people involved, looking for talent.

I'm terrible at predicting political stuff, but this is more than just anger. They're not just screaming, they're doing.

So was OWS.

OWS was involved in two remarkable ventures. One was the Rolling Jubilee. They would (and still do) raise enough money to purchase debt for medical bills and student loans and pay it off. Two, they went up against the banks and multinational corporations that were involved in and profited off of the economic collapse in the US and abroad and involved in writing the legislation here. They also went up against Bill Gates. There is a direction and point to that movement. Despite the media spin. The media absolutely hated that movement because........of who sits on the board of the media outlets and where their sticky little hands are involved in.

The Democrats will never ever do that. Ever. They don't give a damn about anything. They are focused on Trump so they don't have to address any concerns. When you look on who sits on the board of the media outlets and their other boards and corporations they are involved in and their support of the alleged Resistance you realize it is a joke.

The Democrats are a day late and a dollar short to capitalize on that energy of OWS. They lack focus and direction intentionally.

Do I believe the Progressive movement will grow enough to make a serious run in 2018!?! No. Will they form enough in 2020!?! No. You have anger but over time it will die. The Senate is the Progressive only shot in the next four years because the House will stay red.
Not sure. There's a great deal of energy. But FAR more importantly, they are focusing their energy on local organizing, getting more people involved, looking for talent.

I'm terrible at predicting political stuff, but this is more than just anger. They're not just screaming, they're doing.
This may have impact as well. One of the great failings of the democratic party, and democrats for not understanding it, was the utter loss of all levels of government beside federal ones.

Through Obama years the democrats were crowing about the death of the republicans and making statements like they could never win national elections again. All of this while ignoring the simple reality that the republican part may have had little influence on the federal level they were dominating the local one. That matters - it matters a LOT.

I have to wonder if the dems are finally going to make inroads there as it has been a long time for them. One of the 'perks' of being the majority of state legislators is that the house is a lock for the GOP. If the dems do not make inroads there, it will be another decade of GOP control over the house.

Even these drug addled morons will eventually tire of the subject, but Soros wont run out of money.

So it will go into a slow low burn for the next 12 years is my guess.
I dunno. This is anecdotal evidence only, but holy crap - my Facebook screen is crammed with lefties reporting on meetings they've gone to, plans they've made, etc. etc. News stories from across the country are showing the same thing. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but at least for now they're incredibly energized.
These LIB snowflakes have the attention span of a fucking slice of Wonder bread.
80% of them didn't bother to vote.
Ask 100 of them who the current President and 90 of them will tell you they can't remember.
When the warm weather comes these assholes will be more interested in 'Beach-Bong parties' than 'marching'.
If these assholes REALLY had any interest in little things like who will be the next SCJ for the next forty years Hillary would now be the President.

They are paying for the resistance...so they can always get a crowd/rioters to from up whenever they want.....bob craemer and scot foval are still in business and still organizing people to incite violence....except now they are doing it at Town Halls instead of Trump rallies......

The real insanity....if Ruth Ginsberg assumes room temperature and Trump gets to appoint her replacement....you have not seen the bitch fest that the left will engage in when that happens...you are talking calling out the National Guard to restore order and to keep all the local Starbucks safe from window smashers....( the funny thing is....Star Bucks actually supports those nut jobs......)
I give Ruth less than a year.
You all remember who President Trump had over for dinner last week????
Yes? No?
Answer: After the present Trump choice gets nicely settled on the SC bench President Trump's next SCJ after Ruth croaks.
His first name is 'Ted'.

They are paying for the resistance...so they can always get a crowd/rioters to from up whenever they want.....bob craemer and scot foval are still in business and still organizing people to incite violence....except now they are doing it at Town Halls instead of Trump rallies......

The real insanity....if Ruth Ginsberg assumes room temperature and Trump gets to appoint her replacement....you have not seen the bitch fest that the left will engage in when that happens...you are talking calling out the National Guard to restore order and to keep all the local Starbucks safe from window smashers....( the funny thing is....Star Bucks actually supports those nut jobs......)
I give Ruth less than a year.
You all remember who President Trump had over for dinner last week????
Yes? No?
Answer: After the present Trump choice gets nicely settled on the SC bench President Trump's next SCJ after Ruth croaks.
His first name is 'Ted'.
Many on the right would like to see that. It is not going to happen though.

Forum List

Back