This is NOT Fake News...

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Seriously.... This is NOT Fake News! It is actually an article, not from The Onion, but from a "reputable" news source (CNBC) where they report that, according to CERN, physicists assure us that "we are not living in an alternate reality where Trump is president!"

Physicists assure us that we're not living in an alternate reality where Trump is president

the Mandela effect," a phenomenon that occurs when large groups of people believe something happened even though evidence shows it isn't true. Some think more of these incidents have occurred since CERN was established, and suggest that its particle physics experiments are causing the world to shift into parallel universes. People are recalling the original reality, which is why there is divergent thought according to the believers.

"Mandela effect" examples include thinking Nelson Mandela died in jail in the 1980s, mistaking "Berenstein Bears" for its actual name "Berenstain Bears," and believing in a 1990s movie where comedian Sinbad played a genie. (All of which are false.)

In Trump's case, conspiracy theorists have cited "evidence" like his quote on terrorist attacks on Sweden and assertions that Muslims were cheering in the streets after 9/11, both events which they believe stem from memories of a parallel universe Trump used to reside in.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man.... I knew they were going loopy but this is really crazy stuff.

Okay... So... You're a professional journalist who has actually gone to college and gotten your degree and you work for CNBC... and you have to go out and interview at least a couple of physicists (the article says "physicists" plural) and with a straight face, you have to ask them for reassurance that we're not living in an alternate reality where Trump is president. I mean, this idea went across someone's desk or was passed around the editorial table at some point.... people in the journalism field actually had a conversation and decided this would be a good informative story.

Seriously? :lmao:

Wait... wait... I know.... MAYYyybe.... We're living in an alternate reality where Trump is president?

Yeahhh!! That's GOT to be it!

:rofl:

Hah you think that is crazy Donald Trump for years would call media pretending to be John Baron or John Miller...Talk About Manufacturing Fake News ....
The amazing story of Donald Trumps old spokesman, John Barron
— who was actually Donald Trump himself
The amazing story of Donald Trump’s old spokesman, John Barron — who was actually Donald Trump himself
<snip>
In the 1980s, when reporters called the Trump Organization to request an interview with the boss, they were sometimes referred to a spokesman, instead. That a busy and image-conscious executive such as Donald Trump would place a buffer between himself and the media was hardly unusual, but there was a twist: The spokesman, John Barron, was actually Trump, hiding behind a fake name.

Barron (also spelled “Baron” in some press accounts) appears to have been Trump’s go-to alias when he was under scrutiny,
in need of a tough front man or otherwise wanting to convey a message without attaching his own name to it.

Trump’s use of an assumed name runs counter to the persona he has crafted as the leading Republican candidate for president — one of an unfiltered, politically incorrect maverick who is unafraid to say anything. It suggests that the billionaire real estate mogul is — or, at least, was — not so bold as he likes to present himself.

Remarkably, Trump kept up the charade for a full decade,
as reporters unwittingly quoted Barron as if he were a real person. In a LexisNexis search, the first mention of the name appears on June 6, 1980, in a New York Times report about Trump’s controversial decision to destroy two Art Deco sculptures he had conditionally promised to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In that instance, Trump used the alias to stall for three days before finally giving an interview under his own name; when he did, he told the Times that he had been out of town and unavailable (!).
------------------
Groper Don the Con is the king of Cons

Hah you think that is crazy Donald Trump for years would call media pretending to be John Baron or John Miller...Talk About Manufacturing Fake News ....

The amazing story of Donald Trump’s old spokesman, John Barron — who was actually Donald Trump himself
<snip>
In the 1980s, when reporters called the Trump Organization to request an interview with the boss, they were sometimes referred to a spokesman, instead. That a busy and image-conscious executive such as Donald Trump would place a buffer between himself and the media was hardly unusual, but there was a twist: The spokesman, John Barron, was actually Trump, hiding behind a fake name.

Barron (also spelled “Baron” in some press accounts) appears to have been Trump’s go-to alias when he was under scrutiny,
in need of a tough front man or otherwise wanting to convey a message without attaching his own name to it.

Trump’s use of an assumed name runs counter to the persona he has crafted as the leading Republican candidate for president — one of an unfiltered, politically incorrect maverick who is unafraid to say anything. It suggests that the billionaire real estate mogul is — or, at least, was — not so bold as he likes to present himself.

as reporters unwittingly quoted Barron as if he were a real person. In a LexisNexis search, the first mention of the name appears on June 6, 1980, in a New York Times report about Trump’s controversial decision to destroy two Art Deco sculptures he had conditionally promised to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In that instance, Trump used the alias to stall for three days before finally giving an interview under his own name; when he did, he told the Times that he had been out of town and unavailable (!).
------------------
so....

not even remotely interested in posting on topic I see.

<snip>

------------------
so....

I thought this thread was about items that seem like Fake News ...Trump calling the media pretending to be someone else seems like the Onion does it not?...how is this Not on topic explain...this is an example of Not The Onion Fake news by The Donald

Not the Onion not fake news

<snip>

------------------
so....

I thought this thread was about items that seem like Fake News ...Trump calling the media pretending to be someone else seems like the Onion does it not?...how is this Not on topic explain...this is an example of Not The Onion Fake news by The Donald

Well, let me enlighten you. This thread is about what the OP posted - that is why it is the first post in the thread. It is citing a SPECIFIC news piece that is, technically, not fake news but investigates a claim that is an outright asinine assertion.

<snip>

------------------
so....

Well, let me enlighten you. This thread is about what the OP posted - that is why it is the first post in the thread. It is citing a SPECIFIC news piece that is, technically, not fake news but investigates a claim that is an outright asinine assertion.
and I provided as counter example of what seems like an an asinine assertion which turns out to be TRUE ...namely that Donald Trump would call the media to manufacture praise for himself..cry baby whiner

Okay... So... You're a professional journalist who has actually gone to college and gotten your degree and you work for CNBC... and you have to go out and interview at least a couple of physicists (the article says "physicists" plural) and with a straight face, you have to ask them for reassurance that we're not living in an alternate reality where Trump is president. I mean, this idea went across someone's desk or was passed around the editorial table at some point.... people in the journalism field actually had a conversation and decided this would be a good informative story.

Seriously? :lmao:

It's incredibly stupid indeed.

At this point they have become the anti-Trump propaganda station. 90% of the stories are about Trump and 10% are news, presented in a way to make Trump bad.

And these idiots are asking why they are called fake news...

and I provided as counter example of what seems like an an asinine assertion which turns out to be TRUE ...namely that Donald Trump would call the media to manufacture praise for himself..cry baby whiner

I hate to break this to you but clever business people do this all the time. You have to be really good at creating a buzz, writing press releases, getting the right people interested in what you're doing. It is called self-promotion and it's far more effective when it appears to be coming from a third party. If you own a newspaper and I call you up and boast about my new project and how I'm going to bring jobs and create opportunities for the community because I am such a great guy and I have some great ideas... you're going to think I'm a blowhard tooting my own horn.... BUT... if a third party calls you and gives you an "inside tip" about this same venture, it is far more appealing and intriguing. It lends credibility.

So yes, I can certainly see Trump doing this and it's fairly common in the business world... happens all the time.

Living in "alternate realities" only happens with kook liberals in la-la-land!

Everything you are reading is wrong because the witches of the world have put a pox on Trump...

Witches gather at midnight to cast spell on Donald Trump | Daily Mail Online

3DA2F2C700000578-4258740-image-a-6_1488002171800.jpg

<snip>

------------------
so....

So, are you actually asserting that the charges the article explores are possibly true?

You did not even click on the link, did you?

Forum List

Back