Will the Resistance fade?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
As if political passions in this country were not high enough, Trump's win has taken them to a whole new level.

I heard Rush the other day say that the Resistance is beginning to slow down, and I see zero (0) sign of that. Trump has 12-18 months to make a clear and positive mark, because what's coming from the Left in '18 and '20 will be big and intense.

What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Can the Resistance keep up the intensity through 2020?

As if political passions in this country were not high enough, Trump's win has taken them to a whole new level.

I heard Rush the other day say that the Resistance is beginning to slow down, and I see zero (0) sign of that. Trump has 12-18 months to make a clear and positive mark, because what's coming from the Left in '18 and '20 will be big and intense.

What worries me is that a Trump flameout would usher back in the "progressives", not liberals, and the madness will continue - just in a different form.

Even these drug addled morons will eventually tire of the subject, but Soros wont run out of money.

So it will go into a slow low burn for the next 12 years is my guess.

Even these drug addled morons will eventually tire of the subject, but Soros wont run out of money.

So it will go into a slow low burn for the next 12 years is my guess.
I dunno. This is anecdotal evidence only, but holy crap - my Facebook screen is crammed with lefties reporting on meetings they've gone to, plans they've made, etc. etc. News stories from across the country are showing the same thing. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but at least for now they're incredibly energized.

Odd,

When I think of the Resistance, I think of the French and Polish fighting the Nazis

Not a bunch of crying little babies whining about the results of an election.

I share the same concern - it is highly doubtful in my mind that anyone remotely close to reasonable will come out of the lefts fanatic resistance to Trump's presidency. Just look what came out of the same resistance to Obama's tenure.

And to answer the question - yes they are going to keep it up IMHO. The organization will scale back but the intensity will grow and, again, we have seen this over the last 8 years. More and more people becoming more and more angry at the establishment and the president. I do not think anything different is going to happen, we are just going to end up with different letters after the names of the winning candidates.

I dunno. This is anecdotal evidence only, but holy crap - my Facebook screen is crammed with lefties reporting on meetings they've gone to, plans they've made, etc. etc. News stories from across the country are showing the same thing. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but at least for now they're incredibly energized.

I started "unfollowing" my lefty friends on facebook. We're still friends, I just don't see their daily meltdowns... just couldn't take it anymore. I go to facebook to see what my friends and family are up to, look at their cat pictures and what they're having for dinner, see their kid's accomplishments, maybe get a chuckle from a cartoon or meme.... I don't mind a political jab here and there, I have a sense of humor... but after the election they just went bat shit crazy. I thought after the inauguration it would calm down but it just got more intense. A couple of times, I tried to interject a little sanity but got my head bit off... so... now I don't see what they have to say anymore.

I think this is going to die down. They cannot sustain this level of discord for 4 years. Remember, it's only been a month. I would say, by this time next year, it will be totally different. Once Trump settles in and things start rolling, and people realize it's not the end of the world, he's not going to run the gays out of the country or re-institute slavery... people will settle down.

At some point, Democrats are going to have a "come to Jesus" moment when they realize they need a message and game plan. You're not going to win the mid-terms on "Not My President!" It's just not a winning strategy. Look, it didn't work in the election... they had their Dream Candidate in Hillary... they've been grooming her for 8 years. They threw everything including the pussy-grabbing kitchen sink at Trump and he still won. Continuing to bash him isn't going to win over voters in states where they need to win.

Because of the way the election cycles fall, the Democrats have a major uphill battle for 2018. They only have 8 Republican Senate seats they can flip and they are all safe seats. They have to defend 23 seats, many in districts Trump won. All the House seats are up, but they'll need something like the Republican Revolution of '94 to swing the House... that's not gonna happen.

Everyday, we see they are becoming more and more unhinged from reality... more radical and crazy. They did this in '68 and scared the hell out of mainstream Americans who elected Nixon in consecutive landslides.

I share the same concern - it is highly doubtful in my mind that anyone remotely close to reasonable will come out of the lefts fanatic resistance to Trump's presidency. Just look what came out of the same resistance to Obama's tenure.

And to answer the question - yes they are going to keep it up IMHO. The organization will scale back but the intensity will grow and, again, we have seen this over the last 8 years. More and more people becoming more and more angry at the establishment and the president. I do not think anything different is going to happen, we are just going to end up with different letters after the names of the winning candidates.
Perhaps the biggest irony of Trump's presidency is the possibility that it could lead to the mother of all backlashes. If he fouls this up quickly, the progressive zealots who still control the Democratic party will be able to pop right back in, only with a vengeance this time. There will be no time for the decent, traditional liberals to get any kind of foothold in the party.

I've been reading the various "how we need to fix our Democratic party" pieces, and virtually all of them essentially advocate for hardcore progressivism, not traditional liberalism. If Trump fails, that could be this country's next stop.

I started "unfollowing" my lefty friends on facebook. We're still friends, I just don't see their daily meltdowns... just couldn't take it anymore. I go to facebook to see what my friends and family are up to, look at their cat pictures and what they're having for dinner, see their kid's accomplishments, maybe get a chuckle from a cartoon or meme.... I don't mind a political jab here and there, I have a sense of humor... but after the election they just went bat shit crazy. I thought after the inauguration it would calm down but it just got more intense. A couple of times, I tried to interject a little sanity but got my head bit off... so... now I don't see what they have to say anymore.

I think this is going to die down. They cannot sustain this level of discord for 4 years. Remember, it's only been a month. I would say, by this time next year, it will be totally different. Once Trump settles in and things start rolling, and people realize it's not the end of the world, he's not going to run the gays out of the country or re-institute slavery... people will settle down.

At some point, Democrats are going to have a "come to Jesus" moment when they realize they need a message and game plan. You're not going to win the mid-terms on "Not My President!" It's just not a winning strategy. Look, it didn't work in the election... they had their Dream Candidate in Hillary... they've been grooming her for 8 years. They threw everything including the pussy-grabbing kitchen sink at Trump and he still won. Continuing to bash him isn't going to win over voters in states where they need to win.

Because of the way the election cycles fall, the Democrats have a major uphill battle for 2018. They only have 8 Republican Senate seats they can flip and they are all safe seats. They have to defend 23 seats, many in districts Trump won. All the House seats are up, but they'll need something like the Republican Revolution of '94 to swing the House... that's not gonna happen.

Everyday, we see they are becoming more and more unhinged from reality... more radical and crazy. They did this in '68 and scared the hell out of mainstream Americans who elected Nixon in consecutive landslides.
I think the unhinged thing is what concerns me the most. Let's say Trump fucks this up. It's the unhinged who would benefit the most.

Perhaps the biggest irony of Trump's presidency is the possibility that it could lead to the mother of all backlashes. If he fouls this up quickly, the progressive zealots who still control the Democratic party will be able to pop right back in, only with a vengeance this time. There will be no time for the decent, traditional liberals to get any kind of foothold in the party.

I've been reading the various "how we need to fix our Democratic party" pieces, and virtually all of them essentially advocate for hardcore progressivism, not traditional liberalism. If Trump fails, that could be this country's next stop.
Unfortunately, I am not so sure if you are correct in the statement 'if he fails.' IMHO (and rather pessimistic one in this particular subject) the political fallout really is disconnected with the actual performance of the party or government. We have people declaring that Trump is already a failed president, had them declaring that on Jan 21st to be honest, and they are going to stick with that just like the birthers stuck with Obama being a Kenyan. The fringe is getting more vehement, widening the chasm between the two parties and, worst of all, growing.

Ironically, I do not think the fallout from a Trump presidency is going to lead to the greatest backlash ever. I think that the fallout from a Republican presidency will. Trump just happens to be that republican... at least in name ;)

And the one after that? An even bigger backlash. I have no idea how long the disdain and hate can last but I do not have current hope that it is going to change anytime soon.

Perhaps,the biggest irony of all being that if Hillary succeeded or failed as POTUS, America would have ended......

The Hillary voters are clueless.....

Unfortunately, I am not so sure if you are correct in the statement 'if he fails.' IMHO (and rather pessimistic one in this particular subject) the political fallout really is disconnected with the actual performance of the party or government. We have people declaring that Trump is already a failed president, had them declaring that on Jan 21st to be honest, and they are going to stick with that just like the birthers stuck with Obama being a Kenyan. The fringe is getting more vehement, widening the chasm between the two parties and, worst of all, growing.

Ironically, I do not think the fallout from a Trump presidency is going to lead to the greatest backlash ever. I think that the fallout from a Republican presidency will. Trump just happens to be that republican... at least in name ;)

And the one after that? An even bigger backlash. I have no idea how long the disdain and hate can last but I do not have current hope that it is going to change anytime soon.
Hmm. Okay, I'll belch this out and we'll see if it makes any sense.

A lousy couple of years from Trump will be fairly easy to identify and attack, but a positive couple of years will make the "progressives" look foolish if they keep screaming. Sure, the hardcore types are going to scream anyway, both sides do that. But if things improve they'll be marginalized. If they do not, that's when the backlash happens.

I think the unhinged thing is what concerns me the most. Let's say Trump fucks this up. It's the unhinged who would benefit the most.

Well no one can predict the future but I don't think he is going to fuck up. At worst, I think he will be mediocre and I think that will be good enough because he can sell it. Say what you will, the man has an extraordinary confidence and swagger. He just gives you the feeling that he's got things under control and he can handle it. Now his detractors won't admit that but I think people see that in him and they are drawn to it. Another thing is, he's not an ideological extremist, he's a populist and populism has it's rewards.

This "Deep State" George Soros funded resistance will eventually need to be addressed with a show of force by us, the people.....not the police, not the military...but by us. Punch these SJW snowflake, George Soros funded clowns in the face a few times when they invade your space? They will fold like a cheap chair...if they come at you in packs? My cure is my 9mm Ruger with a large clip of bullets guaranteed to stop any commie in his tracks.

We have gone past the point of patience when it comes to this filth and scourge of parasitic entities. This filth would cheer and support the incarceration and eradication of those that oppose their "commie utopia" that they believe would happen if only their leftard puppetmasters were in charge....fuck 'em.......not gonna happen on my watch.

They are paying for the resistance...so they can always get a crowd/rioters to from up whenever they want.....bob craemer and scot foval are still in business and still organizing people to incite violence....except now they are doing it at Town Halls instead of Trump rallies......

The real insanity....if Ruth Ginsberg assumes room temperature and Trump gets to appoint her replacement....you have not seen the bitch fest that the left will engage in when that happens...you are talking calling out the National Guard to restore order and to keep all the local Starbucks safe from window smashers....( the funny thing is....Star Bucks actually supports those nut jobs......)

I don't expect them to fade. This is centered around big money. When the IMF starts screaming..........that's big money. That big money controls the media. You are dealing with people that are so into screaming and yelling that they don't hear anything else. That money needs division to run the show. Which means not a damn thing necessary will be done. That's just what is wanted.

Damn, they are idiots.

They are paying for the resistance...so they can always get a crowd/rioters to from up whenever they want.....bob craemer and scot foval are still in business and still organizing people to incite violence....except now they are doing it at Town Halls instead of Trump rallies......

The real insanity....if Ruth Ginsberg assumes room temperature and Trump gets to appoint her replacement....you have not seen the bitch fest that the left will engage in when that happens...you are talking calling out the National Guard to restore order and to keep all the local Starbucks safe from window smashers....( the funny thing is....Star Bucks actually supports those nut jobs......)
Yeah, as nuts as this is, the fight over the next Supe judge (if it happens) will take us to a whole new level...

Hmm. Okay, I'll belch this out and we'll see if it makes any sense.

A lousy couple of years from Trump will be fairly easy to identify and attack, but a positive couple of years will make the "progressives" look foolish if they keep screaming. Sure, the hardcore types are going to scream anyway, both sides do that. But if things improve they'll be marginalized. If they do not, that's when the backlash happens.
Apply that to Obama.

Do you still think that there will be significant differences?

New Topics

Forum List

Back