will some of you Christians weigh in on this

I found an hilarious website while surfin today, and I am hoping to get a Christian here to react to it.

God Hates Shrimp :razz:

There are no Christians who take the Bible literally. There are plently who claim to but none who actually do. In this case, the verse most commonly used to justify the heinous act of enjoying lobster thermidor, is Matthew 15:11 which goes "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean."

But Christ also said that He didn't come to do away with The (Jewish Traditional) Law such as those found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. So go figure.

I've never eaten shrimp in my life. But, numerous verses in the New Testament make clear that dietary restrictions no longer applies. Eating unclean food made a person unclean and requires a cleansing sacrifice to make the unclean clean. Christianity is the doctrine that Christ's sacrifice obsoletes all other sacrifices, and has made that which is unclean clean. The law hasn't been changed, it has been fulfilled.

You pagans, being morons, have serious reading compression problems. The Bible doesn't say anywhere that God hates shrimp, or even that he hates people eating shrimp. And, the Bible doesn't say anyone goes to Hell for eating Shrimp. But, God hates fags and they go to Hell.

But, God hates fags and they go to Hell.

You are on the wrong thread Phelps.

Right thread. The Bible says God hates fags (Leviticus 20:23 and elsewhere). I know it doesn't match the false-Christianity that you've been exposed to that says "God loves the sinner" (no verse). The Bible also doesn't say God hates shrimp or people who eat shrimp.

Pardon my intrusion into your celebration if ignorance.

Right thread. The Bible says God hates fags (Leviticus 20:23 and elsewhere). I know it doesn't match the false-Christianity that you've been exposed to that says "God loves the sinner" (no verse). The Bible also doesn't say God hates shrimp or people who eat shrimp.

You might want to check that Ariux:

23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. 24 But I said to you, “You will possess their land; I will give it to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the LORD your God, who has set you apart from the nations.

23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. 24 But I said to you, “You will possess their land; I will give it to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the LORD your God, who has set you apart from the nations.

Ariux is now combing through his chosen HATE site! :eusa_shhh:

23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.

Does someone have to hold you hand for you to cross the street?

23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.

Does someone have to hold you hand for you to cross the street?

No, check the hate site AGAIN; wrong chapter, wrong verse. Disgusting context, but that fits you.

Jesus is the Savior, the food requirements no longer apply. But then as you are mistaken in many things it is no surprise you don't know that.

I found an hilarious website while surfin today, and I am hoping to get a Christian here to react to it.

There are no Christians who take the Bible literally. There are plently who claim to but none who actually do. In this case, the verse most commonly used to justify the heinous act of enjoying lobster thermidor, is Matthew 15:11 which goes "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean."

But Christ also said that He didn't come to do away with The (Jewish Traditional) Law such as those found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. So go figure.

Did you intentionally leave out the part where He said He came to FULFILL the Law?

:eusa_angel:

Bible also says to stone adulterers but Jesus let the woman caught in adultry go. Jesus cancels out many things otherwise I couldn't eat shrimp and we'd have to stone all the gays. Guess that's why they call it the New Testament.

Did you intentionally leave out the part where He said He came to FULFILL the Law?

:eusa_angel:

No. it is irrelevant. Many Christians try to use that as a means to get around scripture but fulfilling it does not somehow mean "to do away with". Otherwise, the Ten Commandments would no longer be relevant.
Jesus also very clearly said you need to hate your mother and father. Kind of big contradiction to Honoring them, eh? He didn't say or mean "love less". The translation from the Codex Sanaiticus and Codex Alexadricanus are very clear: Hate. But if one knows the context and background, it's fine and dandy. Like most of the Bible, one must search their heart and determine what they want to take literally and what they don't. Or they can let someone else tell them. Every Christian does one of the two.

Forum List

Back