will some of you Christians weigh in on this

Bible also says to stone adulterers but Jesus let the woman caught in adultry go. Jesus cancels out many things otherwise I couldn't eat shrimp and we'd have to stone all the gays. Guess that's why they call it the New Testament.

Jesus was obeying the law against stoning, not cancelling out any Old Testament laws. There were no witnesses, and without witnesses, stoning isn't supported by the Old Testament. God still hates fags, but not shrimp.

Bible also says to stone adulterers but Jesus let the woman caught in adultry go. Jesus cancels out many things otherwise I couldn't eat shrimp and we'd have to stone all the gays. Guess that's why they call it the New Testament.

Jesus was obeying the law against stoning, not cancelling out any Old Testament laws. There were no witnesses, and without witnesses, stoning isn't supported by the Old Testament. God still hates fags, but not shrimp.

John 8:3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

Now I'd like you to point out where it says there were NO witnesses? It says she was CAUGHT IN THE ACT adultery. In order to get caught IN THE ACT at something you need witnesses. There is no law against stoning as it's clear that stoning was one of the prescribed method to kill someone who broke the law. There is a law againt bearing false witness and for murdering someone.

There are no Christians who take the Bible literally. There are plently who claim to but none who actually do. In this case, the verse most commonly used to justify the heinous act of enjoying lobster thermidor, is Matthew 15:11 which goes "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean."

But Christ also said that He didn't come to do away with The (Jewish Traditional) Law such as those found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. So go figure.

Did you intentionally leave out the part where He said He came to FULFILL the Law?

:eusa_angel:

No. it is irrelevant. Many Christians try to use that as a means to get around scripture but fulfilling it does not somehow mean "to do away with". Otherwise, the Ten Commandments would no longer be relevant.
Jesus also very clearly said you need to hate your mother and father. Kind of big contradiction to Honoring them, eh? He didn't say or mean "love less". The translation from the Codex Sanaiticus and Codex Alexadricanus are very clear: Hate. But if one knows the context and background, it's fine and dandy. Like most of the Bible, one must search their heart and determine what they want to take literally and what they don't. Or they can let someone else tell them. Every Christian does one of the two.

HE fulfilled all the 'blood laws' by being the final sacrifice.
HIS 2 commandments cover the other 10.

:eusa_pray:

I found an hilarious website while surfin today, and I am hoping to get a Christian here to react to it.

God Hates Shrimp :razz:

That has to do with the diet of the Hebrews.

Understand, they probably had a significant part of the population that was allergic to shellfish, and the laws were actually meant to protect everyone from suffering from eating such fish. Come to think about it, such allergies could become fatal if they tried to treat them with some wack-job cure. Better to let the symptoms subside if they are not fatal.

Keep the shellfish Out of sight, they stay out of the mind was probably the rational. It does have a relative point.

So it is not a sin to eat catfish?

It should be under Islamic law since Catfish is a scavenger and would eat anything including dead humans.

If it is unlawful to eat pigs because of this, why not catfish and other scavengers?

Did you intentionally leave out the part where He said He came to FULFILL the Law?

:eusa_angel:

No. it is irrelevant. Many Christians try to use that as a means to get around scripture but fulfilling it does not somehow mean "to do away with". Otherwise, the Ten Commandments would no longer be relevant.
Jesus also very clearly said you need to hate your mother and father. Kind of big contradiction to Honoring them, eh? He didn't say or mean "love less". The translation from the Codex Sanaiticus and Codex Alexadricanus are very clear: Hate. But if one knows the context and background, it's fine and dandy. Like most of the Bible, one must search their heart and determine what they want to take literally and what they don't. Or they can let someone else tell them. Every Christian does one of the two.

HE fulfilled all the 'blood laws' by being the final sacrifice.
HIS 2 commandments cover the other 10.

:eusa_pray:

Well that's a lovely interpretation but that's all it is. Believe it or not, there are Christians who quote the OT in regards to say oh, gays for instance. So if you're correct then they are wrong because Jesus never condemned or even disucssed homosexuality at all, and judging or condemning gays would not be loving and accepting them without judgment, now would it?

Like I said, ALL Christians pdo exactly what you do: pick and choose what they want to take literally and what they want to interpret - or have someone else do it for them.
Notice you dodged the "hate your parents" thing. Don't blame ya!

Your ignorance of The Bible is surpassed only by your penchant for ignoring its' message.

Your ignorance of The Bible is surpassed only by your penchant for ignoring its' message.

Wrong.

You have displayed your own ignorance here, sorry.

If you weren't a pagan shithead and if I were ignorant, you'd be able to tell me why I'm wrong instead of just attacking me.

Ahh the love of "Christians". I already did. You just weren't quite sharp enough to figure it out.
That's fine. God even loves people like you! Maybe not as much as say, a spiritually enlightened person who happened to be gay but he still loves you! Isn't that great!
Yay God! :eusa_angel:

Thanks for your measured response. Check out those FINS on catfish while you at it. :D

But no scales.

Why dont cat fish have any scales? - Yahoo! Answers

True, and I find you well informed on many issues, also. I remembered catfish having scales but am INCORRECT. They do have fins however, and I did remember they are not kosher.

So you got it half right.

Hence my statement. You're great at running with halfassed info and counting it as good.

True, and I find you well informed on many issues, also. I remembered catfish having scales but am INCORRECT. They do have fins however, and I did remember they are not kosher.

So you got it half right.

Hence my statement. You're great at running with halfassed info and counting it as good.

I'll correct that in the future, or so I will attempt. Thanks for watching so carefully....:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back