will some of you Christians weigh in on this

You're not wrong, Ariux. Christ didn't break the law.

More than once, Christ contradicted and broke the law. He lost control of His emotions and His temper. His faith was imperfect.
You pick and choose what you want to take literally and what you want to interpret in the Bible. Or you have someone else do it for you. Just like every Christian in the world, since the beggining of The Way.

I found an hilarious website while surfin today, and I am hoping to get a Christian here to react to it.

God Hates Shrimp :razz:

God does not hate shrimp or lobster.
These creatures are there to help keep the oceans clean.
It's his instructions to help us to remain healthy.
All of his instructions are for us to have a happy and healthy life.
It's up to the individual Christian to follow the laws or to ignore them.
I also don't think that many know this information I posted below. If they did, I think that many would not eat these creatures.

Unhealthy Seafood Facts Health Dangers Lobster Shrimp Clams

More than once, Christ contradicted and broke the law. He lost control of His emotions and His temper. His faith was imperfect.
You pick and choose what you want to take literally and what you want to interpret in the Bible. Or you have someone else do it for you. Just like every Christian in the world, since the beggining of The Way.

Again, wrong.
Besides being woefully ignorant.

Last edited:
No. it is irrelevant. Many Christians try to use that as a means to get around scripture but fulfilling it does not somehow mean "to do away with". Otherwise, the Ten Commandments would no longer be relevant.
Jesus also very clearly said you need to hate your mother and father. Kind of big contradiction to Honoring them, eh? He didn't say or mean "love less". The translation from the Codex Sanaiticus and Codex Alexadricanus are very clear: Hate. But if one knows the context and background, it's fine and dandy. Like most of the Bible, one must search their heart and determine what they want to take literally and what they don't. Or they can let someone else tell them. Every Christian does one of the two.

HE fulfilled all the 'blood laws' by being the final sacrifice.
HIS 2 commandments cover the other 10.

:eusa_pray:

Well that's a lovely interpretation but that's all it is. Believe it or not, there are Christians who quote the OT in regards to say oh, gays for instance. So if you're correct then they are wrong because Jesus never condemned or even disucssed homosexuality at all, and judging or condemning gays would not be loving and accepting them without judgment, now would it?

Like I said, ALL Christians pdo exactly what you do: pick and choose what they want to take literally and what they want to interpret - or have someone else do it for them.
Notice you dodged the "hate your parents" thing. Don't blame ya!

I can't help it if someone quotes Leviticus to "condemn" homosexuals.

The NT calls homosexual sexual activity as an abomination against God's creation intent. The sex is the sin, not the Love.
Never does the Bible say that it's an unforgivable sin, either. So it would be difficult to "condemn" anybody for anything, now wouldn't it?!

I purposely didn't reply to 3 words taken out of context from a Book you don't follow.
:eusa_shhh:

How could Jesus break the law according to christianity if they assume Jesus is the law?

It is according to other religions the question of whether Jesus broke the law becomes a relavent issue. For instance, did Jesus break a law according to Judaic traditions?

Now that becomes an interesting question. If he did, this gives rise to question of Jesus infalliability to a Jewish audience.

Christ didn't break the law.

The Pharisees SAID he did, but in reality, he just broke their oral traditions, and exposed them...

Evidence please^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You won't get any, lr. That would require reading the bible and doing a little research. It's obvious that he is opposed to that.

Again, wrong.

Okay so you're long on BS and short on specifics - as always. Pray tell, what specifically am I wrong about?
About Christ contradicting and breaking Hebrew law?
His loss of control of emtions? Loss of temper? Imperfect faith?
That you pick and choose what you take literally?

Specify any and I am happy to provide specifics (unlike you) and address anything your counter with directly (also unlike you). People who are not ignorant can do that. Whackjobs just make claims and sling petty insults without any specifics to back it up. I wonder which you are? :)

Didn't Jesus really mean what you eat isn't unclean but what you say can be unclean?

The dietary restrictions in the Old Testament made absolute sense for the time. In fact, they showed a remarkable perception.

Again, wrong.

Okay so you're long on BS and short on specifics - as always. Pray tell, what specifically am I wrong about?

Specify any and I am happy to provide specifics (unlike you) and address anything your counter with directly (also unlike you). People who are not ignorant can do that. Whackjobs just make claims and sling petty insults without any specifics to back it up. I wonder which you are? :)

Yes, well, it's hard to be *specific* when you provided none. You provide specifics of Christ breaking the law, losing control of his emotions and showing imperfect faith and I'll get back to you.

Again, wrong.

Yes, well, it's hard to be *specific* when you provided none. You provide specifics of Christ breaking the law, losing control of his emotions and showing imperfect faith and I'll get back to you.

He dishonored His mother when he spoke to her in harsh tones.
He also contradicted the 5th Commandment when he said that anyone who does not hate their mother or father cannot follow Him (unless you want to INTERPRET it differently but the word in both the ancient Aramaic and Hebrew text translates exactly to "hate").
He broke / contradicted the 4th Commandment on a few occasions by performing miracles, going for long walks etc... on the sabbath.
He lost control of his emotions / temper when he saw the money changers in the church.
He lost His faith on the cross just before His death.

You may now share your interpretations in order to counter...

He also contradicted the 5th Commandment when he said that anyone who does not hate their mother or father cannot follow Him (unless you want to INTERPRET it differently but the word in both the ancient Aramaic and Hebrew text translates exactly to "hate").
He broke / contradicted the 4th Commandment on a few occasions by performing miracles, going for long walks etc... on the sabbath.
He lost control of his emotions / temper when he saw the money changers in the church.

Did he disobey (dishonor) her by honoring His Father?
*dupe*
He is the Word and the embodiment of the Law. He asked if one would leave one of their sheep stuck in a ditch just because it's a certain day of the week.
God has a wrath. Why wouldn't His only begotten?
He asked His Father a question. "Losing faith" would be questioning the existence of the Father.
:eusa_angel:

Again you prove how skewed and insubstantial is your bible scholarship.

Why do people want to debate things they have no knowledge of? You read the bible, and then come back and discuss it. There's no point in discussing this topic with someone who so obviously has no idea what the hell is even in the bible, let alone have enough knowledge of it to discuss it intelligently.

I found an hilarious website while surfin today, and I am hoping to get a Christian here to react to it.

God Hates Shrimp :razz:

God does not hate shrimp or lobster.
These creatures are there to help keep the oceans clean.
It's his instructions to help us to remain healthy.
All of his instructions are for us to have a happy and healthy life.
It's up to the individual Christian to follow the laws or to ignore them.
I also don't think that many know this information I posted below. If they did, I think that many would not eat these creatures.

Unhealthy Seafood Facts Health Dangers Lobster Shrimp Clams
Best answer that sums up the entire situation. Kudos to you. :clap2:

Christ broke the old rules in traditions made by the Pharisees.
He never broke the Torahs law.
Once again...you get it. :clap2:

BTW, to add to and clarify,

The Torah = The Ten Commandments.

The 2 Laws that Jesus said they hang on are Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

Those 2 Laws don't replace the Torah. Not the word "hang", aka "based on".

The 1st Law refers to the first 4 Torah laws, loving God.
The 2nd Law refers to the last 6 Torah laws, loving your neighbor as yourself.

His "harsh" words were words of correction. While he was born of Mary he was still God.
Look at the context and factor in translation where "forsake" is the word that pays. We are looking for a Greek translation not the Latin translation which has proven to have multiple errors.
The bible says be angry and sin not. He was angry but did not sin.
He never lost his faith.... That is your opinion not a fact. "text found in the Bible"

Did he disobey (dishonor) her by honoring His Father?

Nice dodge. So you have nothing.
*dupe*
He is the Word and the embodiment of the Law. He asked if one would leave one of their sheep stuck in a ditch just because it's a certain day of the week.

Another nice dodge. He still disobeyed and contradicted a Commandment. Period.
God has a wrath. Why wouldn't His only begotten?
God has wrath? Well I guess your little version of God just isn't as loving or forgiving as me or lots of other people but that's okay if it gives you comfort to have a way to use God to seperate.
He asked His Father a question. "Losing faith" would be questioning the existence of the Father.
He believed that God was no longer with Him. Which is impossible. His faith was flawed.
:eusa_angel:

Again you prove how skewed and insubstantial is your bible scholarship.
You again prove that stupid people who are cowards, run from subjects and post about people instead. Of course we knew in advance you would run from facts and stuff. It's not like you ever address them.

Why do people want to debate things they have no knowledge of? Actually people who have knowledge debate. Stupid whackjobs who are clueless dodge questions by asking questions instead of directly debating. Hmmm. I wonder which you would be.

You read the bible, and then come back and discuss it. There's no point in discussing this topic with someone who so obviously has no idea what the hell is even in the bible, let alone have enough knowledge of it to discuss it intelligently.

How to spot someone truly stupid: They call others stupid when they are owned. At least Hotysir wasn't so clueless that he didn't even know the passages to which I referred.
So you claim:
Jesus never called His mothe "woman" - which was definitely disrespectful in ancient Hebrew culture.
He never said "He who does not hate his mother and father... cannot take up his cross and follow me."
He never worked, walked long distances or performed miracles on The Sabbath.
He didn't lose it in the church with the money-changers and of course
He never said "My God, my God why has thou forsaken me?"

In the Land of the Clueless, you make everyone else look smarter. You may now continue doing the only thing you ever do: NOT directly addressing any topics ever discussed because you know, you're like an embarrassingly weak and ignorant debater. Now, time for you to Cut & Run sweetie. It's what you do in these situations.

Last edited:
I need to ask you something, IL, to determine how much you really know about Sabbath laws.
I don;t mean it in a condescending manner, either. But you proclaim to be a non-believer AND more of a student of the Bible than any Christian in the proverbial room.

How many days did they march around Jericho before the walls crumbled?

I promise it's not a trick question.
I am going somewhere with this.
:cool:

I need to ask you something, IL, to determine how much you really know about Sabbath laws.
I don;t mean it in a condescending manner, either. But you proclaim to be a non-believer AND more of a student of the Bible than any Christian in the proverbial room.

How many days did they march around Jericho before the walls crumbled?

I promise it's not a trick question.
I am going somewhere with this.
:cool:

Where did you come up with this? I do not proclaim to be a non-believer. I am a Christian.

I believe the OT states it was a week that they marched around Jericho. Seven days as ordered by God - which also contradicts the corresponding commandment. Like I said, there is uch in the Bible which is self-contradictory.
But I must acknowledge and give kudos in that you debate and discuss without slining petty insults or using BS excuses to avoid answering questions - although you have still done that with the hate the mom and dad thing....

Forum List

Back