Will a failed presidency push racism backward?

Obama did not run as a Black candidate. While he is Black, any failure of his should not hurt Blacks in general. I'm sure if things go really bad, that the normal racists will become more vocal, but it will not be a step backwards.

Black arrogance? Is that any different from arrogance? Is there a such thing as white arrogance?

Black arrogance? Is that any different from arrogance? Is there a such thing as white arrogance?
lol. I seriously doubt the reporter's skin color was a factor in Obama's irritation...though I've no idea what Joyce is talking about. Perhaps it is okay for Obama to be annoyed at black reporters.

Obama did not run as a Black candidate. While he is Black, any failure of his should not hurt Blacks in general. I'm sure if things go really bad, that the normal racists will become more vocal, but it will not be a step backwards.

I saw the campaigning much differently than you. He ran as a "Black" candidate from the beginning. Him using race throughout his campaign may have won him the election but with that comes a danger. He is not the only one that will be judged by the job he does as president. The whole black race will be judged by it also. That seems unfair to me but he is the one that used that issue to get elected.

I saw the campaigning much differently than you. He ran as a "Black" candidate from the beginning.

I hate to quote John Podhoretz, but yes, if he were a WHITE politician named Bart O'Bannon with the exact same resume, he would be LAUGHED OUT OF THE BOX as presidential material.

Barack Obama had a lot going for him: great speaker, bright guy, up against the worst president who ever served.

But in the end, it was his BLACKNESS that carried him home.

I saw the campaigning much differently than you. He ran as a "Black" candidate from the beginning.

I hate to quote John Podhoretz, but yes, if he were a WHITE politician named Bart O'Bannon with the exact same resume, he would be LAUGHED OUT OF THE BOX as presidential material.

Barack Obama had a lot going for him: great speaker, bright guy, up against the worst president who ever served.

But in the end, it was his BLACKNESS that carried him home.

And don't you forget it.... but don't say anything about it, even though blacks turned out to vote in record numbers just because hussein is black. Why were blacks crying during his inauguration? Would they have been if he was white? Aaah.... NO. Would blacks have turned out in record numbers to vote if hussein was white? Aaah.... NO. Is he President now at least in part because he's black? Aaah.... YES.

People are scared shitless of being labeled racist. They'll dance around the truth and say things they don't mean just to avoid it. Problem with that is that there is a problem, and it never gets properly addressed. We need to admit, that when it comes to black people, there's a double standard. Blacks can call each ****** any time they please, but if you're white and you say it, you WILL be nailed to the cross. The double standard is alive and well and IN YOUR FACE. With the reverend Wright and his frothing at the mouth G-D the KKK of America, it's all whitey's fault speeches that hussein sat front and center lapping up for twenty years, it's hussein's new administration not wanting all the high paying construction jobs to go to white men, even it's all the white men that are most qualified. They just shouldn't get those jobs because they're white, plain and simple. Things like this continue right in your face, and they're being tolerated. Why? Because hussein is black, and the first black President. God forbid anybody do anything to mess up this historic Presidency. He has to succeed. He MUST succeed. The whole black community and the liberal drive by media is counting on it. They DID create him. They anointed him. He is their messiah, and they will do everything in their power to lie for him, shield him, and cover up his shit.

Will he set back race relations if he fails? Hell, the SLOBBERING love affair the liberal media has with hussein already HAS set back race relations. People are sick of it, but afraid to admit it. But when he fucks up bad, I think you'll see the flood gate open once the dissent starts coming out, and RACE WILL be part of it.

Last edited:
Oh Lordy Lordy, racism in America depends upon the success or failure of one man. If Obama does a good job, everyone who wants to be successful will have to drag their ass out of bed to go to work in order to make their money. If Obama does a bad job, everyone who wants to be successful will have to drag their ass out of bed to go to work in order to make their money. You know how I can tell a racist prick? They are the ones wringing their hands over potential racism. Everyone else has moved on. I feel sorry for President Obama. His supporters have unrealistic expectations.

He's half white as well you know, he's as much european american than he is african. And why don't people say euopean american but they say african american, infact any racial group that doesn't include the ruling northern european anglo/germanic is labeled this way e.g italian american, jewish american, irish american. i've never heard english american.

He's half white as well you know, he's as much european american than he is african. And why don't people say euopean american but they say african american, infact any racial group that doesn't include the ruling northern european anglo/germanic is labeled this way e.g italian american, jewish american, irish american. i've never heard english american.

If and when he is found to be the fraud that he is, the black community will disown him and say he's not a real American black, he's a mix, an oreo, bi-racial or heaven forbid...... white trying to front himself off as being white. Jackson with his crocodile tears and that racist ass Sharpton will be the first to say........I TOLD YOU SO!:lol::lol::lol:

Will an Obama presidency failure such as we saw with President Carter set racism backward in the US? The media has built this Obama up to be so much perhaps it will set things back. This is not intended to be critical of Obama with whom I did not vote for. I personally feel it is great to have a black president but worry about the consequences of having a "failure black president".

Not unless, one hopes, Obama's policies are perceived as racist.

Think about it...is anyone bitching that WASPs aren't qualified to be POTUS after the Bush disaster?

No?

Then one hopes that the same will be true should Obama turn out to be an incompetent.

Will an Obama presidency failure such as we saw with President Carter set racism backward in the US? The media has built this Obama up to be so much perhaps it will set things back. This is not intended to be critical of Obama with whom I did not vote for. I personally feel it is great to have a black president but worry about the consequences of having a "failure black president".

Think about it...is anyone bitching that WASPs aren't qualified to be POTUS after the Bush disaster?

No?

Then one hopes that the same will be true should Obama turn out to be an incompetent.

Obama could single handled defeat terrorism, fix the economy, solve aids and cancer, create miracle drugs for every known disease we have and a RACIST will still claim he was a ****** and none should ever be President again.

We are not dealing with the most rational intelligent people in the world when we deal with people that let the simple hue of ones skin determine they are subhuman.

We are not dealing with the most rational intelligent people in the world when we deal with people that let the simple hue of ones skin determine they are subhuman.

Even with that being true, those people are still there, and pretending they're not would be just as bad as getting all bent that they are.

Racism will never go away. Not 100%. Not in our lifetime anyway. But maybe blacks could start putting it aside by calling themselves "American" instead of "African American," to show the rest of us they're ready to put the fact that they're BLACK and don't want you to forget it behind them. If not, then maybe everyone else should start calling themselves a hyphenated American name as well. That ought to help us get past race right? I mean blacks are usually always the first ones to scream racism and play the race card, but yet go to lengths to make sure you know they're black, and don't want you to forget it.

Last edited:

No?

Obama could single handled defeat terrorism, fix the economy, solve aids and cancer, create miracle drugs for every known disease we have and a RACIST will still claim he was a ****** and none should ever be President again.

Sadly true.

But I presumed that the question was targeting sane people as it regards this subject.

Now if Obama's politices are perceived as racist (because they are racist, I mean) then yes, his administration will set back the cause of racial equality.

I do NOT expect that, but that is, I hope, what it would take before that would happen.

No?

Sadly true.

But I presumed that the question was targeting sane people as it regards this subject.

Now if Obama's politices are perceived as racist (because they are racist, I mean) then yes, his administration will set back the cause of racial equality.

I do NOT expect that, but that is, I hope, what it would take before that would happen.

I disagree with the contention that even if Obama makes racist policies he will set back racism. We have had some pretty bad white Presidents and they did not end up tainting the whole race.

Now knowing you liberal types and how you think , it COULD set YOUR opinions back. I for one will be Judging Obama as a Man.

Sadly true.

I disagree with the contention that even if Obama makes racist policies he will set back racism.

You are familiar with the concept of White Backlash are you not?

That was, to some extent, what brought Reagan into office.

We have had some pretty bad white Presidents and they did not end up tainting the whole race.

True, but racism in American pretty much means that anything any Black man does besmirches the entire Black race, while Whites are not held (at least by other Whites) to that same standard.

Now knowing you liberal types and how you think , it COULD set YOUR opinions back. I for one will be Judging Obama as a Man.

You are so obviously clueless about how liberals think, sport, that it amuses me when you attempt to speak on our behalf.

You are many things, but a qualified spokeman for liberalism isn't one of them.

the media has such a grip on you that there is no such thing as a failed presidency. Look at bush he started two pointless wars, crippled your economy, polrized the people, and made the world hate you. but you still voted him in a second time, and the media still praze him. obama will have to ride out a depression, fight more wars, introduce a facist state, and generaly be a bad mother f, but he will still come out looking like the messier, cause your all so controled.

the media has such a grip on you that there is no such thing as a failed presidency. Look at bush he started two pointless wars, crippled your economy, polrized the people, and made the world hate you. but you still voted him in a second time, and the media still praze him. obama will have to ride out a depression, fight more wars, introduce a facist state, and generaly be a bad mother f, but he will still come out looking like the messier, cause your all so controled.

And another loon from a foreign country is heard from.

And another loon from a foreign country is heard from.

am i wrong?

Forum List

Back