Why wouldn't Jesus...

want us to structure our society to help the poor?

Jesus preached that we should help the poor...that is indisputable.

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?

Did Ravi ever Explain "Stucture"?...

The Vaguery in that OP is the Problem.

Can you be More Specific, Ravi?...

Is that Possible?

:)

peace...

Jesus Strengthens Conscience, Totalitarian Government Denies It. There is No compatibility between the two.

do we have a Totalitarian government?

and if we do, did we have a Totalitarian government when Bush, or Clinton or ghw or reagan were in office too?

or does our form of government completely change with each president or party?

No we don't have a Totalitarian Government. The Threat is Real though. It was the First concern of the Founders, and we have made many mistakes since Their time.

it doesn't matter who does the giving and to imply this is Biblical is just wrong...THAT'S YOUR OPINION and NOT the opinion of Jesus Christ....

Is that true for everyone?

What is good, IS GOOD and comes from God. If helping the needy, HELPS the needy, then who are YOU to say this is against God's will?

Bailing out wall street. FORCING people to have insurance. Death panels. Umm NO, I don't think so.

God works in mysterious ways, does He not?

Ummm.....y-e-a-h..... Does that mean he mandates that we use the government to give? Ummmmmmm NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

God prefers that the government does not to steal from people.:eusa_shhh:

Does he only work with Christians to make good works come about? Or does he use tribes and groups and people and Nations to do His deeds that he wants to come about?

You got scripture for this?

Whether it is reprimand, or it is making certain Good comes about....imo.

Yes, someone needs to repremand the Christians who voted for abortion loving Presidents.

You saying that this is NOT from God is like pharisees telling Jesus his works were from Beelzebub imo and that's pretty concerning.

Funny you should mention the pharisees. That is exactly what our government is right now. Trying to CONTROL the poor for a VOTE. Our government is FAR from Jesus. But since you bring that up I'd have to say I'm more like Jesus condemning those pharisees.

Wait now, I can just see Jesus bailing out those tax collectors. Trying on 5... 4 ....3 ....2....1.....nope not happening. Don't see it. Maybe you can help me see it.

However, while were on believing in the Bible, why don't we ban gay marriage and outlaw murder and etc.... That's what Jesus would do.

If I have somehow missed this lesson from Christ and there is Biblically something to back up this stance of yours on how Jesus stood, I apologize now, and in the same breath...please show me PROOF with scripture.

:eusa_eh: You (without any supporting scriptures) claim that the Bible says something and then ask me to prove your wrong. Wha?:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Regardless of the answer to this OP, why should our government give a damn as to what Jesus would do? I never knew Ravi was a Christian Fundamentalist?

Just sayin...

However, while were on the idea of believing in the Bible, why don't we ban gay marriage and outlaw murder and etc.... That's what Jesus would do.

Regardless of the answer to this OP, why should our government give a damn as to what Jesus would do? I never knew Ravi was a Christian Fundamentalist?

Just sayin...

:clap2:

I'm glad someone is reading my posts.:eusa_angel:

Just sayin...
My question had nothing to do with what the USA does..it was only a question to clarify what so called Christians believed. So far, I've received no answer.

Woody Guthrie tells us what would happen to Jesus Christ if He were alive today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDS00Pnhkqk]YouTube - Jesus Christ - Woody Guthrie[/ame]

Just sayin...
My question had nothing to do with what the USA does..it was only a question to clarify what so called Christians believed. So far, I've received no answer.

why wouldn't jesus

want us to structure our society to help the poor?

Jesus preached that we should help the poor...that is indisputable.

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?

Jesus would presumably want to help people regardless of financial cost, I agree.

The thing is...People have differences on what it means to "help the poor".

It's not that simple, IOW.

Last edited:
No, it isn't Val. First you have to decide that helping the poor benefits everyone or not before you can decide how to help them. Or not.

No, it isn't Val. First you have to decide that helping the poor benefits everyone or not before you can decide how to help them. Or not.

Then you have to decide if you want to help the poor with your own money, or your neighbor's money.

>

"budget deficit" vs. "national debt"---

suppose you want to spend more money this month than your income. This situation is called a "budget deficit". So you borrow (ie; use your credit card). The amount you borrowed (and now owe) is called your debt. You have to pay interest on your debt. If next month you don't have enough money to cover your spending (another deficit), you must borrow some more, and you'll still have to pay the interest on the loan. If you have a deficit every month, you keep borrowing and your debt grows. Soon the interest payment on your loan is bigger than any other item in your budget. Eventually, all you can do is pay the interest payment, and you don't have any money left over for anything else. This situation is known as bankruptcy.

each year since 1969, congress has spent more money than its income. the treasury department has to borrow money to meet congress's appropriations.

we pay interest on that huge debt. and now the treasury is having trouble finding lenders!

>

your money is spent through appropriations bills passed by the u.s. Senate and signed by the president. The government does not have any money, it takes your money from you and, and borrows more, then spends that! The bailouts of 2008 and 2009 are purely deficit spending. Expect to see enormous deficits in the forseeable future, leading to much more debt; and interest payments on that debt will become the largest item in the federal budget. On c-span, president obama boldly told americans: "we are out of money."

Last edited:

Just sayin...

its not what christians believe its what you believe christians believe, youve had tons of answers you just dont like the ones youre geting so you duck and dodge like every liberal that concocts stupid ideas and then thinks hes on to something. ravi = shit for brains to be sure

Just sayin...

its not what christians believe its what you believe christians believe, youve had tons of answers you just dont like the ones youre geting so you duck and dodge like every liberal that concocts stupid ideas and then thinks hes on to something. ravi = shit for brains to be sure
Jesus called. He told me to tell you that He doesn't want you misinterpreting His word anymore and that He'll consider it a sin against God if you do.

Just sayin...
I've just skimmed throught the thread and I've seen several answers.

Do you just lie and say no one hasn't answered, when several have, as normal practice?

Just sayin...

Do you just lie and say no one hasn't answered, when several have, as normal practice?
Show me. No one has credibly explained why Jesus would be against social welfare.

Show me. No one has credibly explained why Jesus would be against social welfare.
Post 128, for starters. You lie or you are blind, and I have a good idea it's the former.

So, are you going to lie again and tell us that no one has ansered?

Or are you going to be honest and admit that you haven't liked the answers you've received? The latter is fine, really, as who gives a shit what you like or don't like.

Last edited:
Post 128...Val agreed that Jesus would like us to help the poor, and that people have different definitions of what poor is...how exactly does that explain why Jesus would be against social welfare?

And Queasy, if you don't care about my threads or posts, then bug off. Your only contribution to my threads is to call me a liar. You're almost as boring and predictable as Pubic.

Post 128...Val agreed that Jesus would like us to help the poor, and that people have different definitions of what poor is...how exactly does that explain why Jesus would be against social welfare?

And Queasy, if you don't care about my threads or posts, then bug off. Your only contribution to my threads is to call me a liar. You're almost as boring and predictable as Pubic.
As I said, no one gives a shit that you don't understand, but folks do care when you lie. So, at least you've admitted to the latter.

Forum List

Back