Why wouldn't Jesus...

Regardless of the answer to this OP, why should our government give a damn as to what Jesus would do? I never knew Ravi was a Christian Fundamentalist?

Just sayin...
My question had nothing to do with what the USA does..it was only a question to clarify what so called Christians believed. So far, I've received no answer.

I believe in helping Need not want. I believe that the Horse should lead the cart, not thecart leading the horse.

You were raised Catholic, so was I, Catholic Church is poor on Scripture, though finally starting to get better. We were educated on the Church and It's dogma, not educated with a center on scripture.

the Catholic Church can be a great place, it's focus on Social Welfare has brought over many Marxist Converts, back into believing in God, those converts have also influenced Church Structure.

I believe in Individual Giving generally. Church /Government Joint Projects do good, yet they also enable rather than effect change in behavior creating a dependency and an expectation. Long term it is damaging. Does that help you Ravi?

Regardless of the answer to this OP, why should our government give a damn as to what Jesus would do? I never knew Ravi was a Christian Fundamentalist?

Just sayin...
My question had nothing to do with what the USA does..it was only a question to clarify what so called Christians believed. So far, I've received no answer.

I believe in helping Need not want. I believe that the Horse should lead the cart, not thecart leading the horse.

You were raised Catholic, so was I, Catholic Church is poor on Scripture, though finally starting to get better. We were educated on the Church and It's dogma, not educated with a center on scripture.

the Catholic Church can be a great place, it's focus on Social Welfare has brought over many Marxist Converts, back into believing in God, those converts have also influenced Church Structure.

I believe in Individual Giving generally. Church /Government Joint Projects do good, yet they also enable rather than effect change in behavior creating a dependency and an expectation. Long term it is damaging. Does that help you Ravi?
No, it doesn't answer my question, but thanks for the honest attempt.

[Emphasis added] Bullshit.

You asked what Christians believe, and he told you. So have others.

Liar.

Jesus called. He told me to tell you that He doesn't want you misinterpreting His word anymore and that He'll consider it a sin against God if you do.

You Project a lot...

I asked you a Question in my Last Post on this Thread, do you Care to Address it?...

Your Games of Asking People to Prove Christ was Against something, aside...

:)

peace...

To Be Literal I believe that Jesus was God's only Begotten Son. Give St. John Chapter 17 a read, if it pleases you, or Romans Chapter 8.

Jesus called. He told me to tell you that He doesn't want you misinterpreting His word anymore and that He'll consider it a sin against God if you do.

You Project a lot...

I asked you a Question in my Last Post on this Thread, do you Care to Address it?...

peace...
No...I've no desire to answer your question until you answer mine.

Why would Jesus be against social welfare?

You Project a lot...

peace...

That Answer Lies in you Finding him using Governmental Structure for ANYTHING while he was here...

He didn't Use it, and didn't Advocate for it.

Individual Faith in Him... That's it.

YOU Need to Provide the Evidence for your Conclusion you are Veiling in your Weak Question...

Now go get it!

peace...

want us to structure our society to help the poor?

Jesus preached that we should help the poor...that is indisputable.

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?
Anyone who uses a religious argument to advocate policy is beyond moronic. We are not a theocracy.

Let me get this straight. It is your believe that Jesus would not want us to structure a society to provide benefits to the poor. Is that correct and if so your reason is because he never said to do so?

You Project a lot...

peace...

How many questions are you playing with Ravi? the tithe was 10%, there were other practices like gleaning fields, open invitation to feasts, all good, the church did allot in those days. At what point is enough enough Ravi? 10%, 30%, 50%, 75%, where do you think Jesus would draw the line? Expensive Motel Rooms, Cell Phones, Pay cable, reselling donated goods, clothing, and food? Lets distinguish between what helps and what hurts, and what enables bad behavior, Social Welfare is not a blank check. Intention can be second to unintended consequence when harm results.

I often see self-described Christians arguing against social welfare, claiming that Jesus meant that we should help the poor individually.

This makes no sense to me. If we have the power, as individuals, to collectively help the poor then IMO this is what Jesus would want us to do.

Any thoughts?
Anyone who uses a religious argument to advocate policy is beyond moronic. We are not a theocracy.

Let me get this straight. It is your believe that Jesus would not want us to structure a society to provide benefits to the poor. Is that correct and if so your reason is because he never said to do so?
I'll go more slowly: Your OP is using religious belief to advocate for policy.

Anyone in the USA who uses religion to advocate for policy is beyond moronic.

That makes you/your argument beyond moronic.

Any thoughts?

:lol: Jesus, you're as dumb as a plank.

I've no desire to use religion to advocate public policy. I merely want to know why some Christians claim that Jesus would be against a group of people getting together and structuring their society to help the poor.

:lol: Jesus, you're as dumb as a plank. ...
Liar. That's exactly what you did in your OP.

I've no desire to use religion to advocate public policy. I merely want to know why some Christians claim that Jesus would be against a group of people getting together and structuring their society to help the poor.
Link to who, other than you, actually said that.

Thanks for the Concession...

Now show the Class what Jesus did Teach and Stop Attempting to Plant Seeds of Dishonesty Regarding him.

peace...

Now show the Class what Jesus did Teach and Stop Attempting to Plant Seeds of Dishonesty Regarding him.

peace...
Is that an agreement...you believe that Jesus would not want us to structure a society to provide benefits to the poor?

He would not be against it being by consent. When You lose consent you fail.

I'm not saying it would be without consent.

I'm not saying it would be without consent.

No Problem then. :):):):):)

peace...
Is that an agreement...you believe that Jesus would not want us to structure a society to provide benefits to the poor?

I Accept your Concession about either being Ignorant of Christ's Words and Works, or simply being a Liar... Either way, your Inability in this Discussion was LONG ago Illustrated.

Let me get the Door for you, Miss.

peace...

Just sayin...

its not what christians believe its what you believe christians believe, youve had tons of answers you just dont like the ones youre geting so you duck and dodge like every liberal that concocts stupid ideas and then thinks hes on to something. ravi = shit for brains to be sure

Do you believe in The Rapture?

Forum List

Back