Why would anyone object to Virginia’s new gun laws?

Nobody is looking to ban guns

We are looking at closing paths criminals use to obtain guns
Passing more laws will not stop criminals from getting a gun. Criminals don't obey laws. That's why they're called criminals.
Of course they will

Cut off every supply line you can
Suddenly criminals will begin obeying laws? Why?
I’m not going to sell a criminal a gun, are you?
They can if there are no background checks
They can if they can buy on the secondary market
Criminals break into homes. Criminals buy guns on the black market. You are very naive.

Criminals buy guns from sellers who don't do checks.

I’m not going to sell a criminal a gun, are you?
They can if there are no background checks
They can if they can buy on the secondary market
Criminals break into homes. Criminals buy guns on the black market. You are very naive.
Not always
Private sales are a good source of guns
Straw purchases are another
Do the research. Stolen guns are a big problem.

We need to attack all sources of illegal weapons
Close down one at a time
Criminals are the source of illegal weapons.
What is an illegal weapon in a world where private sellers can sell to anyone without a check? There is no such thing under those conditions.

Hollywood talk
is that like your internet talk?....
Hey harry STFU LOL
yea i should have more respect for our top poster...
Do what you want just STFU
if you cant handle the comments to your dumbass posts you can either stop posting....or go to a child friendly forum....or maybe you should STFU yourself.....
Jitss may have a point. Did you ever hear anyone ever say they lost to Bruce Lee?

Did Bruce ever enter a tournament to prove how tough he was? No. Royce Grace did. If Bruce would have entered a UFC and won, which I doubt his skinny ass would, he would probably have gotten beaten by a much bigger man. Or like Grace, win his match but get so beat up doing so that he couldn't continue on in the tournament.

Bruce Lee was all talk.

One guy on the net said Yes, sure. According to his biography, as far as I remember, after having migrated to the USA, he soon recognized that the traditional kung-fu is little against huge white muscle monsters

The laws are interpreted based on the constitution. They are defined by congress when they are written.

No, dope. Your argument has gone way in the weeds.
Laws are ruled as either constitutional or not based on the interpretation of the constitution made by SCOTUS.

And SCOTUS can be wrong. Plessey shows us that. SCOTUS give opinions nothing more, they may be binding at the time, but they are not the end all be all.
As evidenced by the number of rulings that have been reversed

List of overruled United States Supreme Court decisions - Wikipedia
Derp.....
Until it's reversed, it's the law.
DERP any law contrary to the Constitution is null and void Mulberry vs Madison

My point exactly, dope.

How many on this board buy more than one handgun a month?
How many would fail a background check?
How many carry a gun to their kids Little League game?

How many on this board make an income buying and selling guns?

I believe this is more at the root of their anger over " infringement".

The laws are interpreted based on the constitution. They are defined by congress when they are written.

Laws are ruled as either constitutional or not based on the interpretation of the constitution made by SCOTUS.

And SCOTUS can be wrong. Plessey shows us that. SCOTUS give opinions nothing more, they may be binding at the time, but they are not the end all be all.

Derp.....
You looking in the mirror again?

The point that sailed right over your blunt little head is that SCOTUS isn't always right

The point was dumb and in no way addressed mine.

Not always

Close down one at a time
What is an illegal weapon in a world where private sellers can sell to anyone without a check? There is no such thing under those conditions.
Criminals sell weapons to criminals all the time. Like I said, criminals don't obey laws.

Hollywood talk
Hey harry STFU LOL
if you cant handle the comments to your dumbass posts you can either stop posting....or go to a child friendly forum....or maybe you should STFU yourself.....
Stfu faggot lol

Not always

Close down one at a time
Criminals sell weapons to criminals all the time. Like I said, criminals don't obey laws.

How do you know who's a criminal without a check? How do you know who the guy you sold a gun to is selling it to? Where does that gun end up after leaving your custody?

Hey harry STFU LOL
Jitss may have a point. Did you ever hear anyone ever say they lost to Bruce Lee?

Did Bruce ever enter a tournament to prove how tough he was? No. Royce Grace did. If Bruce would have entered a UFC and won, which I doubt his skinny ass would, he would probably have gotten beaten by a much bigger man. Or like Grace, win his match but get so beat up doing so that he couldn't continue on in the tournament.

Bruce Lee was all talk.

One guy on the net said Yes, sure. According to his biography, as far as I remember, after having migrated to the USA, he soon recognized that the traditional kung-fu is little against huge white muscle monsters
Id crush Bruce lee.

No, it's their job to interpret them with regards to the constitution, not define, and when found wanting to resolve said issue with the least impact possible on our freedoms.

Define as in constitutionality. Laws aren't interpreted. The constitution is.

Stop crying.

The latest ruling is the law. Period.

Doesn't make it right, as Plessey shows, and as I'm sure you want an overturn of Citizens United to show.

Straw-man / improper description. You are not asking for permission to sell or transfer. You (by compliance) are insuring, you are not transferring to a known risk, doing your part to prevent you having something to do with supporting domestic or international terrorism, criminal activity, or passing weapons to those mentally or emotionally unfit to be trusted with them. If your neighbor left his loaded gun available for his kid, who got mad and shot your kid, would you hold your neighbor responsible? Same in society. You are morally or legally responsible for every bullet you fire or weapon that leaves your control at least for first level.
You want to make me liable for the illegal actions of a third party?

How far do we go with that? If I sell a car to a person who likes to drink and drive, now I am responsible when said drunk kills someone with the car I sold him?

If he is a known drunk driver, losing his right to drive a car, yes.
WRONG!!!! BULLSHIT!!!

You don't need a DL to purchase a car. I blind person can purchase a car.

If you live in a small town and know the person buying lost his car totaling it while drunk and lost his license, you sell him another one knowing he cannot legally drive it off the lot and he runs over somebody's kid while drunk, I suspect the parents would name you and sue under complicity. 50/50 might be your best shot, depending on quality of your lawyer, his lawyer and the judge and jury. I'm no lawyer. Only took business law.
You need to go back to law school.

I don't owe the parents or that kid a legal duty. The driver that ran over the kid is 100% responsible, and is the subsequent, intervening, sole proximate cause.

Derp.....

My point exactly, dope.
No it's not your point dopie it's the opposite of your point.

The reason is simple

End straw buyers who buy guns for felons
Never going to happen

How many laws do we have that make it illegal to sell prescription drugs on the street?

Has that stopped it?

No.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Just because a law does not stop something completely doesn’t mean we should not have laws at all

People still drive drunk. But strict drunk driving laws have significantly reduced the practice
But we already have thousands of gun laws on the books that we do not enforce so what makes you think one more law that will not be enforced is going to make any difference?

Name one

Did you know that every instance of illegal firearm possession is a federal crime and punishable by 5 years in federal prison?

That law is NEVER enforced
5 years or UP to 5 years?

Don’t tell me illegal firearm possession is NEVER enforced

Derp.....
Any law is valid and Constitutional until it is declared invalid by the courts
Not according to Marbury v. Madison - Google Search
Marbury v. Madison, Court case

Then become a licensed firearm merchant and stop selling firearms out of your trunk

Derp.....
Any law is valid and Constitutional until it is declared invalid by the courts
Not according to Marbury v. Madison - Google Search
Marbury v. Madison, Court case
Marbury v Madison decided exactly that

Typical SJW sheep.

baaaaaa...
You mean a good citizen who recognizes and respects how our system of government works.

No, a sheep who thinks we work for government instead of the other way around.

It's the job of SCOTUS to Define our laws according to the constitution. They have no obligation to take your tearful objections into consideration.

Where did you read define? Its interpret but that doesn't mean to alter, edit or change.
SCOTUS is subservient and inferior to the constitution, they have each raised their right hand and sworn an oath to that effect.
That's the trouble with simple minds, they're far too easily to brainwash because they can't function on their own.

Define a law as constitutional or not.
A law is unconstitutional when it acts contrary to the protections spelled out in the constitution.

For example, when it says "shall not be infringed" without qualification, any law infringing on said tight is unconstitutional.

"Infringe" as it is commonly used means to act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.

The fact that we've had many corrupt, communist judges attempting to undermine or infringe on our rights does not mean their interpretation is proper and that said law is constitutional.

A proper interpretation of the second amendment would mean any and all fire arm laws, no matter what they are, no matter what they have to do with interstate commerce, are unconstitutional and should be stricken.

if that does not sit well with you, AMEND THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION AND ATOP CHEATING!!!!

This is the kind of shit that makes me want to go to war and kill a bunch of people. This bypassing, circumventing, and you surfing power in an extra constitutional man, is an overthrow of the government and pure tyranny.

Then become a licensed firearm merchant and stop selling firearms out of your trunk

Exactly.
They're more concerned though with their loss of income than the responsible transfer of guns.

Hey harry STFU LOL

Bruce Lee was all talk.

Id crush Bruce lee.
I know this really muscular asian guy. He's always talking about fighting or karate. Probably has a really small penis. I'll be honest, he has intimidated me so I wouldn't want to fight him but I have a feeling I would crush him in about 10 seconds if we really got into it. I'd drop him on his head. I wrestled in college and he would be so overwhelmed at the way I would come at him. It would be completely unconventional and unorthodox. His blows would bounce off my head and they would not be effective.

Forum List

Back