Why won't Hillary talk to the media?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I've been watching a TV show on "Showtime" called "The Circus" which is following the election.

Every candidate except Hillary has talked to the reporters for this show. Hillary isolates herself from the media, and won't even let them fly on the same airplane.

Hillary is hiding from the media because there are literally thousands of questions she doesn't want to answer, starting with Whitewater and ending (so far) with the email scandal.

How can America elect a President who won't ever talk to the media -- ever?

The Washington Post just admitted that they faked the story of "147 FBI agents are investigating Clinton!". Given that the media is faking stories about Clinton, of course Clinton should be leery of them.

The WaPo didn't phrase it that way, of course. They just admitted that their anonymous confidential informant lied to them, and the WaPo then breathlessly reprinted the lies without question. Now, anonymous sources should be kept confidential ... provided they tell the truth. However, if an anonymous source is caught openly lying, as happened here, that source has to be exposed, humiliated and blacklisted. Failure to do so makes whatever media ran the story a willing partner in the scam. WaPo has not exposed the confidential source that fed them the deliberate lie here, or fired those who wrote and approved the dishonest story, hence WaPo is clearly now a willing partner is the quest to slur Hillary, and hence nothing they say can be trusted.

But why shouldn't media act that way? To those in our nutty conservative media, taking down a Clinton would make them a celebrity, giving them a life of luxury. Since there's zero penalty for getting caught lying, why wouldn't a reporter lie about the Clintons at every opportunity? After all, there's always that 0.001% that they're right, and again, there's never a penalty for being caught lying.

I've been watching a TV show on "Showtime" called "The Circus" which is following the election.

Every candidate except Hillary has talked to the reporters for this show. Hillary isolates herself from the media, and won't even let them fly on the same airplane.

Hillary is hiding from the media because there are literally thousands of questions she doesn't want to answer, starting with Whitewater and ending (so far) with the email scandal.

That's a little delusional.

The front runners always talk to the media less. No reason to expose yourself to liabilities if you're ahead.

The only people mad about Hillary not speaking to reporters, are people that wouldn't vote for her anyway

imageedit_285_6536840923.jpg

maybe she doesn't want to participate in a "circus".

don't worry about Hillary... you aren't voting for her anyway;.

Everything she does is scripted.

no way she's going to participate in a free range press conference, as she has nothing to gain from it. Can't say I blame her, as she's leading and has more skeletons in her closet than a haunted house.

nor does she want to field on the record any questions about the FBI investigation or the rest of her current crap. asked about whether or not she'd drop if indicted during the debate she refused to answer. she'll get similar questions in droves from the press so she's not giving them the opportunity to ask, thus refusing to answer, albeit in a different way.

The media doesn't talk to Hillary about the issues, just about the phony scandals the Republicans are promoting. If they were to talk to her about the campaign issues, perhaps she would speak with them.

Every time the press gets near her, all you hear is "Benghazi", "email", "Foundation". Why aren't the media questioning Trump - who makes entire speeches without telling the truth once? They let his lies slide all of the time. That's because Trump won't talk to them if them don't softball the questions.

IMO, the American media is doing a really bad job in this election, on both sides. The rest of the world is standing by, appalled at the current US election process: the polarization, the endless smear campaigns, the lies. Fact checking organizations are routinely saying that Hillary Clinton tells the truth more than any other candidate, even more than Sanders. But all you hear in the media is that Hillary always lies. No she doesn't, but Republicans always lie about the Clintons.

Last edited:

When she does talk to the media, it often ends up on the gaffe reels.

I'm not sure what Hillary's plan is if she is elected President. Will she NEVER hold a press conference? EVER? Let's see how long she can keep up this embargo.

Hillary's popularity goes down when she's heard and seen, and goes up when she's not. She's a terrible candidate and people prefer the IDEA of Hillary to the reality.

The only thing holding off an FBI arrest is Hillary's friends in the government who are pulling strings behind the scenes.

When I was a young man, I knew that some local and state governments were corrupt, but I was somehow under the impression that the federal government was relatively clean and honest.

Since Obama was elected, we have seen the federal government become corrupt as the government of the City of Chicago. Obama's influence has tainted the IRS, the Secret Service, the Justice Department. It seems that the FBI has not yet been tainted, but we will wait and see.

The only thing holding off an FBI arrest is Hillary's friends in the government who are pulling strings behind the scenes.

When I was a young man, I knew that some local and state governments were corrupt, but I was somehow under the impression that the federal government was relatively clean and honest.

Since Obama was elected, we have seen the federal government become corrupt as the government of the City of Chicago. Obama's influence has tainted the IRS, the Secret Service, the Justice Department. It seems that the FBI has not yet been tainted, but we will wait and see.
Totally... I saw two cops on the road the other day... The one in front was speeding 10mph over the speed limit then made a lane change without using a blinker as they both pulled into a donut shop. I couldn't believe that the cop following didn't give his buddy a ticket for blatantly breaking the law. This corruption is insane!

Totally... I saw two cops on the road the other day... The one in front was speeding 10mph over the speed limit then made a lane change without using a blinker as they both pulled into a donut shop. I couldn't believe that the cop following didn't give his buddy a ticket for blatantly breaking the law. This corruption is insane!
If you're trying to make a joke about this, your humor falls flat.

Hillary Clinton is guilty of gross misconduct in allowing government secrets to be exposed to our enemies. If you think that's funny, you're an idiot. We cannot afford to elect a President who has such blatant contempt for the law.

Hillary Clinton is guilty of gross misconduct in allowing government secrets to be exposed to our enemies. If you think that's funny, you're an idiot. We cannot afford to elect a President who has such blatant contempt for the law.
I thought it was funny... and the millions of Americans who shake their heads and snicker every time the right cries about an email server is pretty funny too. You say ridiculous things like "she has contempt for the law" and "Obama hates America" while they have both dedicated their lives to public service. It just makes your words a joke... Present policy differences, thats fine, but these personal ludicrous attacks discredit your cause. You and your wing buddy's can get worked up over all that stuff if you want but the majority of people don't see things as extremely as you present them. She def. has her flaws but lets be realistic about it...

I thought it was funny... and the millions of Americans who shake their heads and snicker every time the right cries about an email server is pretty funny too. You say ridiculous things like "she has contempt for the law" and "Obama hates America" while they have both dedicated their lives to public service. It just makes your words a joke... Present policy differences, thats fine, but these personal ludicrous attacks discredit your cause. You and your wing buddy's can get worked up over all that stuff if you want but the majority of people don't see things as extremely as you present them. She def. has her flaws but lets be realistic about it...
It is ignorant people like you who let the Clintons commit crime after crime and get away with it. Also, abuse of women, including rape. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Forum List

Back