Local Politics

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Most of us are pretty diverse geographically speaking thus limited to discussing presidential politics only.

Does anybody have any interesting stories from their local political races? Local school boards? City Council races? Perhaps even a County Water & Soil Management race? Even though we will not know the history of the players in your local race or the structure of your particular race we may still be able to relate to the interesting dynamics since we are all politically minded folks around here.

We all know either Hillary or Trump will be our next president. I've already made a prediction of who it's going to be. That's pretty boring to me. Let's hear the good stories that comes from all pockets of America.

Those local races are more likely to impact you personally than who the president is. There is always a huge number of people who hate the president but the president rarely increases your taxes, sets burdensome zoning ordinances, exerts eminent domain or fires your loyal city manager that has been there for 20 years. Let's discuss the important stuff and try to lend a listening ear to what other Americans are dealing with in their neck of the woods.

Does anybody have any interesting stories from their local political races? Local school boards? City Council races? Perhaps even a County Water & Soil Management race? Even though we will not know the history of the players in your local race or the structure of your particular race we may still be able to relate to the interesting dynamics since we are all politically minded folks around here.
It is very unfortunate that local races are deemed to be less important by many. That's how we got dumbed down education, stupid city and county ordinances.

It is very unfortunate that local races are deemed to be less important by many. That's how we got dumbed down education, stupid city and county ordinances.

It sure looks that way. I wasn't anticipating any participation. I guess I got what I expected.

In my local school board election the candidate that dropped out got more votes than someone who was actually in the race.

Any interesting state or congressional races? Perhaps a governor's race or something?

Am I the only person bored with Obama, Hillary, Trump, Rubio and Cruz? :crybaby:

Let's hear about the real political races that matter. Why do people care who the president is? He's just a symbol that has no power. Your County Soil and Water manager has more power than the president.

Sad :crybaby:so sad :crybaby::crybaby: so so sad :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Walker, Fiorina, Carson, Kasich and Huckabee is for presenties campaign if Democrats win election 2016. Anyone else to say ??

Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Walker, Fiorina, Carson, Kasich and Huckabee is for presenties campaign if Democrats win election 2016. Anyone else to say ??

I don't care who the president is. It won't change my life in any way whatsoever. It won't affect anybody else's life either. We only panic about who the president will be because of effective branding. It makes no difference who the president is. I have to admit that I didn't make out what you were saying.

Hillary is going to be the next president but that doesn't really matter all that much. If she goes to jail then her VP will be the next president. Whoop ti do! I honestly don't care. It's already decided.

Forum List

Back