Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia
Because there’s no evidence that the carrying of concealed firearms acts as a ‘deterrent’ to crime:

Study: Concealed Handgun Permits Don't Affect Crime Rate
Lol
Says a silly fucker who wants more frivolous gun control laws, that will not save a single soul.

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

El Paso is a hot bed of liberal democrat idiots. I read that one CHL holder heard the shooting and ran off. Can't blame him.

The USSC said the 2md amendment does not mean no regulation.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.
Define "military style weapon".

Where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a AK47, AR15, M16, etc.
lol
Where does it Say Americans don’t have an right?

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.
The 2A was written to specifically allow military weapons for the civilians to be used in the militia and for self defense,.

Asking if military style weapon s are covered in the Constitution reveals a certain amount of ignorance about the 2A.

Second Amendment. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.".
‘Good guy with a gun’ is a myth.
Wrong. It happens every day.
The Armed Citizen®

Where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a AK47, AR15, M16, etc.
Where does it say I do not?

So are you allowed to own a Tomhawk missile.

Because there’s no evidence that the carrying of concealed firearms acts as a ‘deterrent’ to crime:

Study: Concealed Handgun Permits Don't Affect Crime Rate
What about the unconcealed firearm act.

The Wild West was Much Safer than New York at its Tamest

th

The Cielo Vista Mall was well known for banning permitted concealed handguns
I suspected that, it explains why he drove 600 miles to find a soft target. Just like the Colorado wack job who passed two other movie theatres to get to the one that didn't allow firearms.

Another person in the store shooting is not the answer.
So your answer is to take away my Constitutional right because a nut decided to shoot up a mall. Have I got that right?
You've got that wrong.

No one is advocating ‘taking away’ anyone’s rights.

And the notion of ‘taking away’ rights is both ignorant and ridiculous – rights can be neither ‘taken away’ nor ‘bestowed.’

Rights can be limited and restricted consistent with Constitutional case law, however – in this case Second Amendment case law.

The Second Amendment right is not ‘unlimited,’ it is not a right to possess and carry any firearm in any manner for whatever purpose.

Government has the authority to regulate the commercial sale of firearms, designate those prohibited from possessing firearms, and prohibit firearms in certain venues such as police stations and courthouses.

Another person in the store shooting is not the answer. There have been 266 mass shootings in the USA this year. When are Americans going to say ENOUGH!!!?

I agree enough is enough; time to start deporting Democrats; the environment they've created is toxic.
Fuck you. It is your ilk that refuses to do anything about providing easy access to assault type weapons. The NRA has your party in their pocket.

Then Trump is out there spewing hate. Lying how these immigrants are filth, murderers, rapists, invaders . It is Trump that is riling up your clan of uneducated, ignorant people.

Blood is on your hands, asshole.

How many white Trumpers armed with assault type rifles killing people will it take before you realize what a fucking dick you are?
Lol
ARs and the like are sporting rifles nothing more nothing less... Fact

So shut the fuck up

I suspected that, it explains why he drove 600 miles to find a soft target. Just like the Colorado wack job who passed two other movie theatres to get to the one that didn't allow firearms.

So your answer is to take away my Constitutional right because a nut decided to shoot up a mall. Have I got that right?

Lol
ARs and the like are sporting rifles nothing more nothing less...

You have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about

lol
Where does it Say Americans don’t have an right?

Where does it say you do?

Lol
ARs and the like are sporting rifles nothing more nothing less...

You have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about

I guess the sport has been human beings lately.

How do you know no one was armed?

Because the Democrats took the guns and or are scaring legal gun owners away

This guy was a legal gun owner, wasn't he?

There WAS a guy carrying, a legal concealed carrier, who is active military, and he did what any sensible person would do--he ran the other way, scooping up kids who'd been separated from their parents on his way. What happened is what is supposed to happen--the police, who are trained and authorized to take down a lunatic like him, stopped him without harming any additional civilians.

Here's the interview with the dude who chose to save himself and the kids around him.
blob:https://www.nbcnews.com/a0818a1a-bacc-4888-ac35-1a27b2b7d95b
I take exception to your statement, "what happened is what's supposed to happen."

I would feel better knowing MORE civilians were carrying. They usually are better trained than the police.
Just going by what the expert, 2AGuy always says. Although he continually touts a "good guy with a gun" saving millions of lives every year, he says in a mass shooting situation, it is best to scram.

Even the cops were too scared to shoot

This guy was a legal gun owner, wasn't he?
Dude even the cops were afraid to shoot

Wake up

Second Amendment. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.".
Are you sure you want to go there? Read Federalist Papers #46.
What the Founders feared most was a government controlled standing military that could impose its will on the citizens. But because an organized military was necessary to defend the new nation ("security of a free state"), the Founders insisted that the citizens should be armed to prevent a tyrannical government. Thus you have 2A.

So are you allowed to own a Tomhawk missile.
I don't think you can carry a Tomahawk missile. 2A says "keep and bear"

Forum List

Back