Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia

No Guns Allowed in Wal-Mart? Can I Bring My Firearm While Shopping?

Uniformed officer asked to leave restaurant because he had service weapon

th
th

So, was it a WalMart or a Mall??? lol that isn't even straight in this thread. I've never seen a Walmart in a Mall.

I used to live somewhere where the walmart was an anchor store on the end of a mall.

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

Another person in the store shooting is not the answer. There have been 266 mass shootings in the USA this year. When are Americans going to say ENOUGH!!!?
We have, but you just keep creating them

Because there’s no evidence that the carrying of concealed firearms acts as a ‘deterrent’ to crime:

Study: Concealed Handgun Permits Don't Affect Crime Rate

What’s really disgusting is the left is actually happy this happened and will use it to score political points. As if any laws would have prevented this from happening.

If the guy wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible to stop Texas from turning blue, he certainly picked a very poor strategy.

Seems to me that he is just a psycho and it’s too bad someone didn’t off him.

What’s really disgusting is the left is actually happy this happened and will use it to score political points. As if any laws would have prevented this from happening.

If the guy wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible to stop Texas from turning blue, he certainly picked a very poor strategy.

They literally wet themselves playing pin the ideology of a sick individual on the masses.
No shooter represents anyone but their own mental illness.

Time to bring back the gallows for murderer's. Swift death penalty for those that commit these shootings.

Citizens have the right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not act in the capacity of law enforcement, or to deter crime, or to stop an active shooter who poses no direct threat to someone carrying a concealed firearm.

The appropriate thing for an armed citizen to do during an active shooting is to seek out safety and leave the shooting venue as soon as possible – not attempt to ‘engage’ the shooter.

I likewise carry a concealed handgun solely for my protection – and I would use my handgun only to defend myself from a direct and imminent threat to my life or safety.

The thread premise exhibits considerable ignorance as to what an active shooting event is truly like and the proper use of concealed handguns in self-defense.

Too many inner city juries will take the side of criminals in lawsuits, and hand over large amounts of bling to degenerate halfwits and their families if they're lucky enough to get shot or injured while committing their crimes. So, yeah, thanks to left wing vermin and the atmosphere they've created fewer and fewer people will get involved any more and will just look out for themselves.

Say what? You have to be kidding.

No it's a good thing he wasn't finished off, now we may find out why he actually committed this horrible crime.

So, was it a WalMart or a Mall??? lol that isn't even straight in this thread. I've never seen a Walmart in a Mall.

I used to live somewhere where the walmart was an anchor store on the end of a mall.
Looks like its next to the Cielo Vista Mall, but not an anchor store. Looks like they cleared the mall during the shooting.

Not sure. They may have routed people to the mall to be cleared as not the shooter if they were close by. Not really a big thing in my mind. I thought it was weird that the walmart I was talking about was attached to a mall then as it was the only one I had ever seen that wasn't a free standing store. I think most of them have since been replaced by free standing superstores.

The Cielo Vista Mall was well known for banning permitted concealed handguns
I suspected that, it explains why he drove 600 miles to find a soft target. Just like the Colorado wack job who passed two other movie theatres to get to the one that didn't allow firearms.

Another person in the store shooting is not the answer.
So your answer is to take away my Constitutional right because a nut decided to shoot up a mall. Have I got that right?

No it's a good thing he wasn't finished off, now we may find out why he actually committed this horrible crime.

The corporate media already told us. He is a Trumpette and was trying to reduce the number of immigrants in Texas.

Logically speaking, I can only assume that only Mexicans were killed and no conservatives were victims.

I suspected that, it explains why he drove 600 miles to find a soft target. Just like the Colorado wack job who passed two other movie theatres to get to the one that didn't allow firearms.

So your answer is to take away my Constitutional right because a nut decided to shoot up a mall. Have I got that right?
The USSC said the 2md amendment does not mean no regulation.

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.

No it's a good thing he wasn't finished off, now we may find out why

The corporate media already told us. He is a Trumpette and was trying to reduce the number of immigrants in Texas.

Logically speaking, I can only assume that only Mexicans were killed and no conservatives were victims.

Another Trumpette pretending he has no blame. Does lying help you deal with your failure as an American & human being?

You elected a hate spewing President who vilified immigrants crossing our border with Mexico.

You hsve to know Trump supporters are easily duped people.

Then you gave him easy access to an assault type weapon.

As for your stupid argument, El Paso is something like 80% Hispanic.

The USSC said the 2md amendment does not mean no regulation.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.
Define "military style weapon".
The 2A was written to specifically allow military weapons for the civilians to be used in the militia and for self defense,.

Asking if military style weapon s are covered in the Constitution reveals a certain amount of ignorance about the 2A.

Let’s examine this logically.

If this guy was a Trumpette trying to take out Mexicans, it stands to reason that no Trump supporters were shot, right?

So was everyone who was killed or injured of Mexican descent?

Forum List

Back