Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.
It's Texas, so of course there were plenty of "good guys with a gun" they just didn't want to go up against an assault weapon with a little pistol. So much for the NRA's good guy with a gum BULLSHIT.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.
It's Texas, so of course there were plenty of "good guys with a gun" they just didn't want to go up against an assault weapon with a little pistol. So much for the NRA's good guy with a gum BULLSHIT.

It certain situations it is fine.

But if you take any serious firearms course and the topic comes up, they will tell you NOT to draw a weapon and try to confront the shooter until you are sure what is going on, who is doing the shooting, and how many people are doing it.

The Cielo Vista Mall was well known for banning permitted concealed handguns
I call BULLSHIT. You just made that shit up out of thin air, as usual.
The gunman is seen entering with his rifle in plain sight and nobody told him it was banned.

The Cielo Vista Mall was well known for banning permitted concealed handguns
I call BULLSHIT. You just made that shit up out of thin air, as usual.
The gunman is seen entering with his rifle in plain sight and nobody told him it was banned.

I have no idea whether the Cielo Vista Mall bans concealed guns or not.

But if you saw someone coming thru the door carrying an AK, are you going to stop him and tell him its against the rules?

I listened to a phone interview on Fox News with a soldier that was at the mall and was carrying, but he never saw the shooter.
So much for JimBowie's lie that guns were banned at that mall, and exposed by a Right-winger citing FOX no less.

[
I have no idea whether the Cielo Vista Mall bans concealed guns or not.
But if you saw someone coming thru the door carrying an AK, are you going to stop him and tell him its against the rules?
I am not sure, so don't quote me on this, but I think maybe shooting people is already against the law.

So why would another law help?

I listened to a phone interview on Fox News with a soldier that was at the mall and was carrying, but he never saw the shooter.
So much for JimBowie's lie that guns were banned at that mall, and exposed by a Right-winger citing FOX no less.

The armed man also focused on helping get children out of harms way.
It doesn't matter, the claim was that El Paso was Liberal and banned guns at that mall.
The Right always has to find a way to blame Libs for everything.

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia
Citizens have the right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not act in the capacity of law enforcement, or to deter crime, or to stop an active shooter who poses no direct threat to someone carrying a concealed firearm.

The appropriate thing for an armed citizen to do during an active shooting is to seek out safety and leave the shooting venue as soon as possible – not attempt to ‘engage’ the shooter.

I likewise carry a concealed handgun solely for my protection – and I would use my handgun only to defend myself from a direct and imminent threat to my life or safety.

The thread premise exhibits considerable ignorance as to what an active shooting event is truly like and the proper use of concealed handguns in self-defense.

I think this is the first time I've read a post of yours that makes any sense.
Good job.

Are you feeling ok?

The USSC said the 2md amendment does not mean no regulation.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.
Define "military style weapon".

Where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a AK47, AR15, M16, etc.

The Constitution doesn't tell the people what they can and can't do.

It tells the government what it can and can't do.

Hmmm where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a military style weapon.

Where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a AK47, AR15, M16, etc.

So does it tell the Gov't it can't ban assault rifles?

Yes. It does.

Yes. It does.

Obviously not since it has been done before.

if a Trump Supporter wearing a red hat had shot the shooter, i wonder how he would of been treated by cnn/msnbc

If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

It's Texas. Everyone knows Texas has insane gun laws that make it impossible for anyone to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

Apparently, most there were illegal aliens and assorted fat slobs on welfare.
Shooting is not about hate for immigrants and not even racist but of a love of our country. We are a nation of laws and have become a lawless nation when 20 million people can enter the country and live, have children. collect welfare and work "illegally." Was it hate that caused us to invade Iraq and the Middle East? No is was because love for our country to keep it safe we killed millions and thousands of Americans died in the process. Not about guns either. Calling Trump a racist because he wants to secure the border thus only allowing legal immigration is fuelling the shootings, etc. When Trump is calling our immigrant he is calling our illegal immigrants and democrats do not see the difference. Illegal immigration is costing America and Americans. Beto and the democrats are fueling the hatred.

Let’s examine this logically.

If this guy was a Trumpette trying to take out Mexicans, it stands to reason that no Trump supporters were shot, right?

So was everyone who was killed or injured of Mexican descent?
It seems he went to a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood to do his shooting. So probably.

Forum List

Back