Why the term African American?

I truely don't care what the color of your skin is, but I can't help wonder why people use the African American term over let's say just American. hell maybe I will demand to be called German American. Lets face it some black people in this country aren't anymore African American than I am. LOL.

It has nothing to do with color of skin. :cuckoo:

Couldn't they be white African American's?

I'm actually a Greek American.

We are just proud of our heritage. That's all.

People who don't come from somewhere are just jealous. You wish you had roots in another country. Well, in some ways I envy the red neck hillbillies that have no clue where they came from. They can only trace their ancestors back to their grandpappys, who were also born in Kentucky, Tennessee or somewhere in the Apalacian mountains. LOL. :lol:

Are all Greek people as stoopit as you are?

I truely don't care what the color of your skin is, but I can't help wonder why people use the African American term over let's say just American. hell maybe I will demand to be called German American. Lets face it some black people in this country aren't anymore African American than I am. LOL.

It has nothing to do with color of skin. :cuckoo:

Couldn't they be white African American's?

I'm actually a Greek American.

We are just proud of our heritage. That's all.

People who don't come from somewhere are just jealous. You wish you had roots in another country. Well, in some ways I envy the red neck hillbillies that have no clue where they came from. They can only trace their ancestors back to their grandpappys, who were also born in Kentucky, Tennessee or somewhere in the Apalacian mountains. LOL. :lol:

Are all Greek people as stoopit as you are?

We invented Democracy. So, Greeks are just like Americans. Some of us are smart and some of us are just like you.

If you want inclusion then just use the term American. It seems as though the groups that fight so hard for inclusion also fight just as hard for exclusion. Make up your mind what you want. If you are a citizen of this country then you are an American. That's not so hard to say.

If you want inclusion then just use the term American. It seems as though the groups that fight so hard for inclusion also fight just as hard for exclusion. Make up your mind what you want. If you are a citizen of this country then you are an American. That's not so hard to say.

Excellent point.

Have to wonder if there are any African-Germans living in Germany or if they just identify themselves German.

I guess we should have stayed calling african americans colored or ni**** because we shouldn't have to change because they want us to! By the way calling an asian person an oriental is wrong also!(not saying you did though)

Some old farts haven't caught on and they still call Asians 'orientals'. Kind of raises the hairs on the back of my neck, lol.

Why, are you an Oriental?

Forum List

Back