Why the term African American?

I see your point. But I saw it as including others instead of excluding some.

That's exactly what Reisch was addressing. Women and minorities are underrepresented in construction jobs. If the government plans to fund some, they'd better make the playing field level for all.

Everyone wants a piece of the pie, and they want their slice to be BIGGER THAN YOURS.

Last edited:
Are you a white supremacist? What programs are you talking about that are reserved for just black citizens?

Did you vote for Bush in 2004?

You've been personally accused of being the reason gas prices are high? Who are you?

Yes. I was personally accused of being the reason (or part of) gas prices were so high. The fellow actually went out of his way to tell me that I, and my people were the reason. No, I'm not a white supremacist. As a matter of fact, I don't have a problem with anyone of a different race. You see, my childrens' best friend is black. Some of my best friends have been black. To me race isn't an issue. To some, it's the only issue. As far as black only programs, where do you want me to start? The United Negro College fund. Countless all black colleges. No telling how many loan or financial aid opportunities are available for blacks only. I'm sure a little research will yield a lot of results. And as for who I am, would you believe me if I told you I was Oprah?

Yes. I was personally accused of being the reason (or part of) gas prices were so high. The fellow actually went out of his way to tell me that I, and my people were the reason. No, I'm not a white supremacist. As a matter of fact, I don't have a problem with anyone of a different race. You see, my childrens' best friend is black. Some of my best friends have been black. To me race isn't an issue. To some, it's the only issue. As far as black only programs, where do you want me to start? The United Negro College fund. Countless all black colleges. No telling how many loan or financial aid opportunities are available for blacks only. I'm sure a little research will yield a lot of results. And as for who I am, would you believe me if I told you I was Oprah?

You and your people? Who are your people? Why are YOU responsible for high gas prices? Who says so?

I can't believe you're using the 'my best friend is black' line?

Last edited:
Let's hear your reason why blacks don't tend to work construction jobs and why it even matters.

I think I've already wasted enough time on you and Yalu--why don't you two work something up and present it to me. Besides--I ask you first.

I think I've already wasted enough time on you and Yalu--why don't you two work something up and present it to me. Besides--I ask you first.
I don't think it matters that black people don't migrate to the construction trades. You seem to think it important that they don't. But no problem, I know you are incapable of ever saying what you really mean.

Some of my best friends are white.

Some of my best friends are blue. Some are green. "It's not easy being green."

For some of the slow pokes in the thread:
Racism is the belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. It is discrimination or prejudice based on race.

You and your people? Who are your people? Why are YOU responsible for high gas prices? Who says so?

I can't believe you're using the 'my best friend is black' line?

Me and my people would be referring to my caucasian skin color. My people, would probably be the "W" sticker I had on my back window. As for "who says so?", that would've been the gentleman at the gas station, because he said so. And for not believing that some of my best friends are black... no one really even asked you to, it's your call.

Me and my people would be referring to my caucasian skin color. My people, would probably be the "W" sticker I had on my back window. As for "who says so?", that would've been the gentleman at the gas station, because he said so. And for not believing that some of my best friends are black... no one really even asked you to, it's your call.

You don't get it.

"I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/orlando-lima/im-not-racist-some-of-m_b_91548.html

Last edited:
Oh, you read the 'Huffington Post'. That explains it all. Really, yoooou don't get it.

What do you read? WorldNutDaily? LOL. I read ALOT. Even stuff you probably read. I best you chose NOT to read the article because it was printed in the Huffington Post. Are you limiting your reading material to sources you agree with?

You missed the ENTIRE point of me challenging your statement. I suppose it's YOUR choice to not even consider it.

Using the 'my best friend is black' line is a lame strategy. I don't care if you're best friends with Barack Obama AND Oprah AND Arriana Huffington.

Last edited:
The whole Black V White scenario just polarizes people.

In many African Countries people describe themselves as being members of a distinct group Coloreds. Their problem is that they were to dark for the whites during apartheid and now they are to white for the free black nations, now thats catch 22.

Me I am mixed race (Scottish & Irish), my wife is also mixed race its just that her races originated in Africa and then mixed with Europeans (Scots again, we get around). My daughter looks white but her children could have her grandparents pigmentation. Do they revert back to being Black, I don't understand how the system works?

Its not as if we are issued with a shade guide which puts everyone nicely into either end of the spectrum, is being white a bit like being a virgin once its gone its gone.

We have had enough therefore my family have made a unilateral declaration of independence, we are all proud members of the same race, we call it the human race, who wants to join!

In many African Countries people describe themselves as being members of a distinct group Coloreds. Their problem is that they were to dark for the whites during apartheid and now they are to white for the free black nations, now thats catch 22.

Me I am mixed race (Scottish & Irish), my wife is also mixed race its just that her races originated in Africa and then mixed with Europeans (Scots again, we get around). My daughter looks white but her children could have her grandparents pigmentation. Do they revert back to being Black, I don't understand how the system works?

Its not as if we are issued with a shade guide which puts everyone nicely into either end of the spectrum, is being white a bit like being a virgin once its gone its gone.

We have had enough therefore my family have made a unilateral declaration of independence, we are all proud members of the same race, we call it the human race, who wants to join!

That was a really thoughtful post, I hope you stick around for a while.

I would like to see the labels done away with as well, I think they're divisive.

We all came from Africa if you go far enough back in the genetics.

I truely don't care what the color of your skin is, but I can't help wonder why people use the African American term over let's say just American. hell maybe I will demand to be called German American. Lets face it some black people in this country aren't anymore African American than I am. LOL.

It has nothing to do with color of skin. :cuckoo:

Couldn't they be white African American's?

I'm actually a Greek American.

We are just proud of our heritage. That's all.

People who don't come from somewhere are just jealous. You wish you had roots in another country. Well, in some ways I envy the red neck hillbillies that have no clue where they came from. They can only trace their ancestors back to their grandpappys, who were also born in Kentucky, Tennessee or somewhere in the Apalacian mountains. LOL. :lol:

Forum List

Back