Why the term African American?

How about the fact that I have a son who maybe told that because he is white male he will be last in line ? He's already aware of what may face him---do you think he needs anymore obstacles placed in his way ?

Do you think he should be at the head of the line because he happens to be white? Or should he have the same chances any other young man in the US has?

Historically, infrastructure projects benefit construction workers. Women and blacks are underrrepresented in the construction industry.

Why shouldn't tax funded projects benefit ALL American citizens?

look---when striving to push minorities up the rungs of society do you really think it's a great idea to tell white men that they're going be last in line for awhile ? Is it really constitutional to just temporarily discriminate for awhile against those that had nothing to do with the problems minorities face today.

I'm sure people are all for it where I live! Really have to be careful what we say around here! I've even been accused of being the reason gas prices were so high at the gas station once! Bet you can't guess who I voted for in the 2004 election! I don't think I hear many blacks complaining. Many black folks feel that they are treated unfairly... hogwash! How many programs do they have reserved just for black folks? They can never get enough.

Do you think he should be at the head of the line because he happens to be white? Or should he have the same chances any other young man in the US has?

Historically, infrastructure projects benefit construction workers. Women and blacks are underrrepresented in the construction industry.

I'm not the one who chose how to stimulate the economy and I'm really sorry blacks can't do the work--why is that ?

No one should be legislated to be last in line by race--it's discrimination

Now don't you think that with all the white male lawmakers there are that bullshit like putting the white man last because of race won't fly?

two BIG ASS POWERFUL PEOPLE !! man you're stretching this. I guess we get to look foreward to a bunch of intentionally ignorant arguments.

I'd say you hit the nail on it's proverbial head pardner! They are determined to be racist.

I'm sure people are all for it where I live! Really have to be careful what we say around here! I've even been accused of being the reason gas prices were so high at the gas station once! Bet you can't guess who I voted for in the 2004 election! I don't think I hear many blacks complaining. Many black folks feel that they are treated unfairly... hogwash! How many programs do they have reserved just for black folks? They can never get enough.

Are you a white supremacist? What programs are you talking about that are reserved for just black citizens?

Did you vote for Bush in 2004?

You've been personally accused of being the reason gas prices are high? Who are you?

Exactly. Why not. But it seems our new Prez and his government companions are looking out for his peeps. Just check out his website: Welcome to the White House

CIVIL RIGHTS

"The teenagers and college students who left their homes to march in the streets of Birmingham and Montgomery; the mothers who walked instead of taking the bus after a long day of doing somebody else's laundry and cleaning somebody else's kitchen -- they didn't brave fire hoses and Billy clubs so that their grandchildren and their great-grandchildren would still wonder at the beginning of the 21st century whether their vote would be counted; whether their civil rights would be protected by their government; whether justice would be equal and opportunity would be theirs.... We have more work to do."

-- Barack Obama, Speech at Howard University, September 28, 2007

because they are ALREADY discussing race issues in resolving a FINANCIAL problem. It's simple. What does race have to do with rebuilding the infrastructure ?

and because they are perfectly fine with excluding white males..

because they are ALREADY discussing race issues in resolving a FINANCIAL problem. It's simple. What does race have to do with rebuilding the infrastructure ?

I see your point. But I saw it as including others instead of excluding some.

I see your point. But I saw it as including others instead of excluding some.

It may all work out fine---it's just an example of the thin ice that needs to be tread. ALL people find ways to be left out---if they wanna discuss this in some civil rights committee---fine. But race nor gender has NO place in developing an ECONOMIC stimulus package.

It may all work out fine---it's just an example of the thin ice that needs to be tread. ALL people find ways to be left out---if they wanna discuss this in some civil rights committee---fine. But race nor gender has NO place in developing an ECONOMIC stimulus package.

Hopefully, it will. However, I don't hear anyone in congress debating the race issue. Many are debating the amount of the package though.

Forum List

Back