Why the rich owe their fortunes to luck as much as to anything else

Democrats are Marxists, I don't how many more times they have to jump and and down and tell us that before it sinks in

But there is a contractual relationship already -- it says that the rich must pay most of taxes in this country. We should change is so they pay a bit more.

You are not asking for a bit more, you are asking for all of it. Never mind that such a limit on income would crash industries such as housing, high end automobiles, resturants, vacations spots, and all others that depend on disposable income.

This person must be joking... nobody can be that stupid.

I'm thinking more...:trolls:

The concept is really simple -- most people get rich becuase they love what they do for a living. And they are good at it. And, as chance would have it, the things they like to do are in demand by others -- so they also are getting paid well.

Many other people have no such luck. They like to do things that others do not find all that valuable. Or they don't possess enough talents to compete with those who do. Those people have to work hard to earn a basic living and the money is the main thing that motivates them to work.

That is why the rich are so fortunate. And that is why asking them to pay higher taxes is only fair. Also that is why higher taxes would not discourage them from working -- remember, they are not providing their services just for money!

I believe that a society should reward people primary for their efforts -- and much less the end result, as the productivity can change dramatically between the different lines of work. The society should encourage higher productivity as well by allowing some inequality -- by letting people take home many times the average salary.

But there is nothing wrong if people making millions would have to give up most of their income in taxes.

The uber-wealthy make most of their money off of the market which is mostly luck.

LOL Homie!

Dats fun-neh

Why are you talking like that?

Probably mostly to amuse myself...

The concept is really simple -- most people get rich becuase they love what they do for a living. And they are good at it.

Nah, not really. "Most" rich people who build business that become big enough to make them rich, assuming that's who you're referring to here, have to put in massive amounts of hours and take a lot of risk.

Really? So how many hours did they have to put to earn 100s of the average salary -- 4000 per week? That would be fair -- only they didn't. I would be impressed if any one of them was ever working twice the hours other people do.

I'm not saying they are not working hard. I'm saying that no one is working 4000 hour weeks.

Many other people have no such luck. They like to do things that others do not find all that valuable. Or they don't possess enough talents to compete with those who do. Those people have to work hard to earn a basic living and the money is the main thing that motivates them to work.

It's probably moreso the opposite. While most everyone wants to be rich, most people who have the capability to do it don't want to put in the effort that's required.

It is NOT about the efforts! If anyone could make billions simply by putting the same hours Bill Gates did, we would not have this discussion.

Your premise is utterly false.

Last edited:
Probably mostly to amuse myself...

The concept is really simple -- most people get rich becuase they love what they do for a living. And they are good at it.

Nah, not really. "Most" rich people who build business that become big enough to make them rich, assuming that's who you're referring to here, have to put in massive amounts of hours and take a lot of risk.

You can't simultaneously maintain that the wealthy took risks to become wealthy and that luck had nothing to do with it, those are mutually exclusive positions to take.

And most people who build businesses and put in massive amounts of hours and take a lot of risk do NOT become rich.

We need to be more like the other countries that despise success, cause that's like cool or something

Why are you talking like that?

Um, I thought that's how you like be talked to? I watched Biden and Obama and they dumb it down for you, y'all

Where's yo dollah?

No?

Did I get it wrong?

Is it only democrats that be talking to you like dat?

Why would I want you to talk to me like that?

Oh, it's only Democrat Politicians that can talk to you like that.

You getting all uppity now because I'm not a Democrat?

Um, I thought that's how you like be talked to? I watched Biden and Obama and they dumb it down for you, y'all

Where's yo dollah?

No?

Did I get it wrong?

Is it only democrats that be talking to you like dat?

They don't talk to me like that. You're the only person who talks to me like that. You sound like a fucking moron, too.

Democrats don't want to move to other countries that fully implement their Failed Ideology, all they want to do is drag the rest of us down

They don't talk to me like that. You're the only person who talks to me like that. You sound like a fucking moron, too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLAy8aqSG7Y&noredirect=1]Obama (southern accent): "Where's yo dolla?" - YouTube[/ame]

Luck is the excuse for those who do not want to be held accountable for decisions, actions, etc...

So businessmen don't take risks?
taking risk does not mean something is up to luck.. all decisions, actions, guesses, etc have consequences.. there are results from everything, whether it is in your control or someone or something else's

Luck is the excuse for those who do not want to be held accountable for decisions, actions, etc...

So businessmen don't take risks?
taking risk does not mean something is up to luck.. all decisions, actions, guesses, etc have consequences.. there are results from everything, whether it is in your control or someone or something else's

If there is no luck involved the there is zero risk.

Forum List

Back