Why the f*ck should I care about this?????

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know........in 1982 I joined the US Navy, because I thought that as a patriotic American I should be willing to defend this country, and I did for 20 years of honorable service.

In 1776, the United States of America had a revolution and threw Britian out of our country, and we formed our own nation.

So, can anyone tell me why I should care one iota about the people across the Atlantic who are getting married?

I mean.......the American media has been blasting it on the news for the past fuckin' month, and there are things going on in THIS country that warrants more media attention..........stuff like politics, the debt ceiling, tornados that have ravaged a significant part of this nation (whole towns being wiped off the map), and oh yeah.........we've got a war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

So why the fuck all this American media attention to something that we supposedly quit over 200 years ago?

We're NOT British subjects.

Although........last night on NBC news, Brian Williams annouced that because of the storms, they didn't go to Britian to cover the wedding, because they thought that the severe weather warranted more attention.

You know........in 1982 I joined the US Navy, because I thought that as a patriotic American I should be willing to defend this country, and I did for 20 years of honorable service.

In 1776, the United States of America had a revolution and threw Britian out of our country, and we formed our own nation.

So, can anyone tell me why I should care one iota about the people across the Atlantic who are getting married?

I mean.......the American media has been blasting it on the news for the past fuckin' month, and there are things going on in THIS country that warrants more media attention..........stuff like politics, the debt ceiling, tornados that have ravaged a significant part of this nation (whole towns being wiped off the map), and oh yeah.........we've got a war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

So why the fuck all this American media attention to something that we supposedly quit over 200 years ago?

We're NOT British subjects.

Although........last night on NBC news, Brian Williams annouced that because of the storms, they didn't go to Britian to cover the wedding, because they thought that the severe weather warranted more attention.

I am with you on this 100% we got so many problems right now in our country, a tornado just ripped through Alabama and killed hundreds of people and we are all cheerleading for a wedding in another country? fuck that shit.:clap2:

Most Americans can absorb and understand several topics at the same time. Apparently, DiaperDude is not one of them.

Royal wedding.... happy thing.

Tornadoes... bad thing.

Is it an either/or? Cuz I kinda figure most of us can appreciate the relevance of both.

By the way..........if you used your iPad to watch the wedding, and watched all of it? It's gonna run you about 7,000 pounds or 12,000 dollars if roaming charges apply. Saw it on the news this morning.

Most Americans can absorb and understand several topics at the same time. Apparently, DiaperDude is not one of them.

Tornadoes... bad thing.

Is it an either/or? Cuz I kinda figure most of us can appreciate the relevance of both.

Yeah......tornados are a bad thing, but don't you think that knowing about it is more important than some foreigners getting married?

Especially in this economy.

Tornadoes... bad thing.

Yeah......tornados are a bad thing, but don't you think that knowing about it is more important than some foreigners getting married?

Like I said, most of us are capable of dealing with a variety of issues at the same time. If you are not, that's your issue.

How about you let individuals decide for themselves what they do or do not want to know about?

Tornadoes... bad thing.

Sure you can cover both stories but the coverage this wedding has gotten in the US has me checking to make sure I didn't fly over to Birmingham UK during the tornado.:eek:

Tornadoes... bad thing.

:lol: My niece lives in one of the hardest hit areas of Alabama and yesterday she posted on FB that somebody better update her about Idol because she couldn't watch it.

Tornadoes... bad thing.

:lol: My niece lives in one of the hardest hit areas of Alabama and yesterday she posted on FB that somebody better update her about Idol because she couldn't watch it.

Thats nice for her, but the people that died and lost their homes are probably not that cheery.

Tornadoes... bad thing.

Sure you can cover both stories but the coverage this wedding has gotten in the US has me checking to make sure I didn't fly over to Birmingham UK during the tornado.:eek:

I hated all the coverage, but the news has been depressing for awhile now. At least it wasnt depressing. I think some people need this type of thing, so they can forget about their life.

Tornadoes... bad thing.

I hated all the coverage, but the news has been depressing for awhile now. At least it wasnt depressing. I think some people need this type of thing, so they can forget about their life.

Your probably right, I been watching playoff basketball anyways for the most part.

By the way..........if you used your iPad to watch the wedding, and watched all of it? It's gonna run you about 7,000 pounds or 12,000 dollars if roaming charges apply. Saw it on the news this morning.

Your joking right?

Wish I was..........

iPad users on the nation’s most commonly used mobile networks be wary if they want to watch the most anticipated wedding of the millennium while abroad. Tru, the first global mobile network has revealed the full-scale of the roaming charges incurred for those watching the full YouTube broadcast outside of the UK.

A British business person who decides to catch just 45 minutes of the event on their iPad while soaking up the sun in Sydney or San Francisco, will rack up costs with Orange UK of an eye watering £7,344.00, the same person on a T-Mobile contract would be liable to pay £6,885.00.
Watching the full 8 hour BBC broadcast on YouTube’s Royal channel could land Orange users a £78,336 bill to welcome them home – enough to pay for Kate Middleton’s dress, her tiara… and even the car that takes her to the service.

Watching the Royal Wedding abroad on an iPad could cost up to £78,000 : Cumbria Crack News

Thats nice for her, but the people that died and lost their homes are probably not that cheery.
I don't think she's cheery so much as looking for a distraction.

Forum List

Back