Why the f*ck should I care about this?????

And...............FWIW..............if the royal douchebags wish to contact and speak with me about my views, they can come and find me in Amarillo Texas.

I'd tell them the same fucking thing.

I don't care.

One hardly needs to be a veteran of the US armed forces not to give a shit about the Royal wedding.

According to the BBC, Prince William and Catherine are said to be completely devastated that some short, self important prick on a message board is disinterested in their nuptials.

*sarcasm off*

Mexico's Royal Family Vacationing in the United States

17construct.600.jpg

You know........in 1982 I joined the US Navy, because I thought that as a patriotic American I should be willing to defend this country, and I did for 20 years of honorable service.

In 1776, the United States of America had a revolution and threw Britian out of our country, and we formed our own nation.

So, can anyone tell me why I should care one iota about the people across the Atlantic who are getting married?

I mean.......the American media has been blasting it on the news for the past fuckin' month, and there are things going on in THIS country that warrants more media attention..........stuff like politics, the debt ceiling, tornados that have ravaged a significant part of this nation (whole towns being wiped off the map), and oh yeah.........we've got a war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

So why the fuck all this American media attention to something that we supposedly quit over 200 years ago?

We're NOT British subjects.

Although........last night on NBC news, Brian Williams annouced that because of the storms, they didn't go to Britian to cover the wedding, because they thought that the severe weather warranted more attention.
Why do you need to start a Thread over something you claim to have zero interest, consider there are already other Threads on the topic??? It suggests that the matter interests you more than you would like to admit. ;)

The reason I care? Because the news only runs for so much time, and, if you're not considered to be a big story, you don't get coverage.

I'd rather hear about this country and the impacts on it.

Britian can take care of itself and be imbued with this bullshit. I'd rather hear about the tornados and war (which have a direct impact on this country).

The royal wedding doesn't. Matter of fact, I consider it on the same level as American Idol.

Who the fuck cares? I'd rather hear about real things with real impact.

There is something here. Save that shit for 'Entertainment Tonight' and give me the news of the world that impacts many. Even NPR gave me not much more than the Royal Wedding on my drive in yesterday morning.

I was curious if anything else was going on. At least until I pulled up the internet at work. The best thing about living in 21st Century America? Choices.

American news is about ratings. If Congress debated a bill to outlaw clapping on the same day that a youtube video of a cat playing the piano got 1 million hits, your nightly news would show the cat.

The only way I would be interested would be if they released some nude images of Kate.
Kate Middleton dreams she is naked before wedding congregation | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

JITTERY Royal bride Kate Middleton is being dogged by a nightmare in which she is NAKED in front of the wedding congregation.

American news is about ratings. If Congress debated a bill to outlaw clapping on the same day that a youtube video of a cat playing the piano got 1 million hits, your nightly news would show the cat.

The only way I would be interested would be if they released some nude images of Kate.
Kate Middleton dreams she is naked before wedding congregation | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

JITTERY Royal bride Kate Middleton is being dogged by a nightmare in which she is NAKED in front of the wedding congregation.

The next time The Sun prints a factually accurate story will be the first. They're a bunch of hacks.

You know........in 1982 I joined the US Navy, because I thought that as a patriotic American I should be willing to defend this country, and I did for 20 years of honorable service.

In 1776, the United States of America had a revolution and threw Britian out of our country, and we formed our own nation.

So, can anyone tell me why I should care one iota about the people across the Atlantic who are getting married?

I mean.......the American media has been blasting it on the news for the past fuckin' month, and there are things going on in THIS country that warrants more media attention..........stuff like politics, the debt ceiling, tornados that have ravaged a significant part of this nation (whole towns being wiped off the map), and oh yeah.........we've got a war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

So why the fuck all this American media attention to something that we supposedly quit over 200 years ago?

We're NOT British subjects.

Although........last night on NBC news, Brian Williams annouced that because of the storms, they didn't go to Britian to cover the wedding, because they thought that the severe weather warranted more attention.
Why do you need to start a Thread over something you claim to have zero interest, consider there are already other Threads on the topic??? It suggests that the matter interests you more than you would like to admit. ;)

The reason I care? Because the news only runs for so much time, and, if you're not considered to be a big story, you don't get coverage.

I'd rather hear about this country and the impacts on it.

Britian can take care of itself and be imbued with this bullshit. I'd rather hear about the tornados and war (which have a direct impact on this country).

The royal wedding doesn't. Matter of fact, I consider it on the same level as American Idol.

Who the fuck cares? I'd rather hear about real things with real impact.

Don't watch the news then, find websites that deliver content you are interested in and get your news from them. You can even do that on your TV if you just have to have a TV.

Weddings are cool. We need to have more of them.

And just because the news sucks (when does the news not suck, what with the nuclear crisis in Japan, the tidal wave there, the situation in the Sudan and every other pest hole) does not mean we should just sit and mope and whine.

Sadly, I missed the whole bloody show and unless the bride fell flat on her face coming down the aisle or Camilla Parker Bowles groped Prince Charles in the sanctuary I don't think I missed too much. The 24 hr news cycles and the MSM have covered this event ad nauseum so I'm sure anything of interest will be brought to my attention.

And just because the news sucks (when does the news not suck, what with the nuclear crisis in Japan, the tidal wave there, the situation in the Sudan and every other pest hole) does not mean we should just sit and mope and whine.

Yeah.........but would the US media kinda be reserved when it comes to other countries that used to rule us? I mean.........I thought that we formed our own country back in 1776.

Sure.......give 'em 5 minutes at the end of the newshour as a passing fancy, but not for 45 min out of every hour! I mean fuck.......let's try to keep our focus on THIS country.,

Yeah.........but would the US media kinda be reserved when it comes to other countries that used to rule us? I mean.........I thought that we formed our own country back in 1776.

Sure.......give 'em 5 minutes at the end of the newshour as a passing fancy, but not for 45 min out of every hour! I mean fuck.......let's try to keep our focus on THIS country.,

It's this attitude that makes so many Americans so damned ignorant about the rest of the world.

It's this attitude that makes so many Americans so damned ignorant about the rest of the world.

That's why we are hated around the world......except when they need Americans to die for them.

That's why we are hated around the world......except when they need Americans to die for them.

Precisely. We are hated around the world unless somebody needs soldiers or money. And then they never pay us back.
I get it. The wedding was probably a wonderful thing. It's just I've already been about as entertained by marriage as I care to be.:razz:

Last edited:
With all the crap that has been going on being reported in the news of late I thought coverage leading up to and including the wedding was a good thing.I didn't pay a lot of attention to it at first but ended up going to work late on Friday because I got caught up in it.

To see the British people and there may have been quite a few of them out and about the day of the wedding told me all I needed to know.This was a pretty big deal.

To see people taking part in the celebration,the history the pride in their country with the flags waving
their faces painted with the country's flag was a tremendous sight.

I am glad I was able to see part of the ceremony and celebration and it was good to share it with the British people who have been our friends and allies all these years.

I can't find anything wrong with it really.

And now for the only thing I will be negative about.

I was wondering if on MSNBC Chris Mathews had his typical response as to when a crowd like this gets together....

As he has done in the past and with such a look of hate on his face and with venom spraying from his face he has been heard to say."One thing I've noticed here about the people....They're ALL WHITE"
It must have drove Chris Mathews absoulutely bat shit that the majority of the people celebrating were
white.He hates the tea party,he hates the Republican party,he hates the Conservative Party,he hates Libertarians....He HATES them all because they are mostly if not all WHITE.And it kills him.

Last edited:

Precisely. We are hated around the world unless somebody needs soldiers or money. And then they never pay us back.
I get it. The wedding was probably a wonderful thing. It's just I've already been about as entertained by marriage as I care to be.:razz:

It was THEIR finest hour not ours.

Forum List

Back