Why the f*ck should I care about this?????

It's this attitude that makes so many Americans so damned ignorant about the rest of the world.

That's why we are hated around the world......except when they need Americans to die for them.

Precisely. We are hated around the world unless somebody needs soldiers or money. And then they never pay us back.
I get it. The wedding was probably a wonderful thing. It's just I've already been about as entertained by marriage as I care to be.:razz:

Britain paid the US back every cent from WWII. Their last payment was made in December 2006. They remain the only country who borrowed money from the US who has actually paid their debt. Annnnnnd, they send their own forces in, they do not expect the US to do anything that they won't do.

The wedding was their business, and part of their heritage, of which they are quite proud. I see no problem with that. They have quite a heritage to be proud of.

[Britain paid the US back every cent from WWII. Their last payment was made in December 2006. They remain the only country who borrowed money from the US who has actually paid their debt. Annnnnnd, they send their own forces in, they do not expect the US to do anything that they won't do.

But they don't have to feed, burp, and change diapers of all of Latin Americans living in the western hemisphere. Wouldn't it be nice to move the United States into the eastern hemiphere so we could be closer to the wars we fight?

I don't know why exactly but I am a bit of an Anglophile.

I like the Brits. They are a dependable and loyal ally as well as a proud and dignified people. And while the American media does tend to overdo some things I did enjoy watching the wedding. The British military are an exceptionally sharp bunch -- especially those in the Royal Guard.

Prince William is a handsome young man and, unlike Prince George W. Bush, the draft dodging, barbaric fop, William is a helicopter pilot in the RAF Rescue Service, which is often very dangerous duty. And I think his bride, Kate, is a very beautiful young lady. They are well paired.

Regardless of we Americans' preference for the democratic style of government there is no avoiding the fact that the British monarchy is one of the oldest and most powerful in history. The reverence and affection the Brits hold for the Monarchy is evidence of its affinity with the common people. You can see it in their faces.

Without the Monarchy there would not be an England.

The American Dream is to work your way up from the lowest ranks of society and come to the top. Whether it be as becoming famous or wealthy or smart or brave or some other kind of attribute. The British tend to stick to their rank in society and not move up or down. Americans love it and feel it part of their most inner being when a person transends the ranks of society to the top. A royal fairy tale wedding where a commoner moves from the lower ranks of society (although Kate and her family were already millionaires therefore wealth was not as big a factor in the Will & Kate marriage as in some fairy tales) to the top of a society that usually does not change after birth is a modern real life fairy tale and Americans embrace it with all their fortitude because it is what keeps us going and striving as a people. It is the American Dream playing out in real life in old world Britain. It's extremely rare and therefore captivates the American audience to no end. Americans can't get enough of it.

And let's face it Kate and Will are just darn good people.

And in general Brits don't get excited about anything except Gerries, Japs, football(soccer) rugby and cricket.

After all it's just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her. (and then putting her into the whirlwind greatest spectacle on earth of a media frenzy and admiration/disgust of a people)

Hugh Grant makes the perfect Brit for Americans. Never getting excited till the absolute last moment and then turning on all the charm while fumbling all over himself.

Last edited:
You know........in 1982 I joined the US Navy, because I thought that as a patriotic American I should be willing to defend this country, and I did for 20 years of honorable service.

In 1776, the United States of America had a revolution and threw Britian out of our country, and we formed our own nation.

So, can anyone tell me why I should care one iota about the people across the Atlantic who are getting married?

I mean.......the American media has been blasting it on the news for the past fuckin' month, and there are things going on in THIS country that warrants more media attention..........stuff like politics, the debt ceiling, tornados that have ravaged a significant part of this nation (whole towns being wiped off the map), and oh yeah.........we've got a war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

So why the fuck all this American media attention to something that we supposedly quit over 200 years ago?

We're NOT British subjects.

Although........last night on NBC news, Brian Williams annouced that because of the storms, they didn't go to Britian to cover the wedding, because they thought that the severe weather warranted more attention.

i half agree - but those brits r fun to watch :redface:

Forum List

Back