Why Romney will Bomb in November

Progressives will abandon obama because he's too moderate

Wow! I've seen you call Obama hunfreds of defamitory names.."communist", "traitor"...etc.. ....and after all THAT he is a moderate? So you do admit that he has tried reach out to meet the republicans half way?

Naw.

He think progressives are "left" of commies.

Unfortunately he fails to recognize that the way "communism" is practiced in most communist states..is very much in line with what conservatives want to do here. One party rule..

There are two obsticles for Mitt. He is too moderate, or sane. for many Baggers and Ultra-Rights. He is Mormon. Whether they admit it or not, that is going to be a probablem for them on election day.

Mitt will play to the Tea Party only to the point he can ignore them, which is almost hammer time in the next two weeks. His team has been recruiting mainstream GOP alternatives to the Tea Party candidates in the House primaries in NY, IL, and CA that I know of.

Lol, it's begun already.

Tea PArty people who are supporting Romnuts; YOU ARE COMMITTING POLITICAL SUICIDE!

lol, maybe the TPM folks *are* as stupid as the main stream press says they are after all.

If they can fool themselves into believing Romnuts is sincere while his people undercut the TPM in other elections, ... well it dont get much dumber than that.

When Sarah pulled her nonsense in NY in 2009, the strategy became clear. Use the TPM in 2010, and then start undercutting it thereafter. The deficit and the payroll tax extension fiascoes demonstrated the correctness of the strategy.

There are two obsticles for Mitt. He is too moderate, or sane. for many Baggers and Ultra-Rights. He is Mormon. Whether they admit it or not, that is going to be a probablem for them on election day.

It might be a problem for the evangelicals, but for most people, I don't know. I don't know if most people have even a basic understanding of the Mormon faith. We'll see if attack ads touch on any of it.

I must say I'm looking forward to months and months of "magic underwear" jokes though...

I'm going to make a bold prediction here. I think because Huntsman dropped out that after Romney secures the nomination Huntsman will re-enter as an independent siphoning off votes from romney, securing Obama a second term. Huntsman is part of the Obama administration, he is Obamas ambassador to china, he will do this for Obama.
You heard it here first folks, bet on it.
Huntsman To Withdraw From Race For Republican Presidential Nomination | Fox News

It will never happen. Huntsman is supporting Romney. Why would he do that? If anyone comes in as a third party candidate, it would be Trump or possibly one from the Tea Party. Bachmann is a possibility, but Santorum is there also.

I still think Trump might surprize everyone.

And go where? Apparently ya'll don't remember the 2008 campaign very well. The only "true" liberal running was Dennis Kucinich. Obama still won. (part of me just wanted Mrs. Kucinich as the first lady)

Yes, there are some out there that will likely stay home on election day because Obama didn't legalize pot (or they'll write in Ron Paul). Well, they probably didn't vote for Obama in 2008.

Most pragmatic liberals that voted in 2008 will do so again, knowing that a President Obama in office is far better than any of the current crop of GOP candidates (who just want to continue Bush era policies (that got us into the mess in the first place), but call them something else).

The problem is ending up in November with what in reality is a take-it-or-leave-it choice between two men who both owe a LOT of political favors, and voting against the one whose debts appear the most frightening.

It would be nice to see less control over the election process by the "two party system", whatever the fuck THAT is.

And go where? Apparently ya'll don't remember the 2008 campaign very well. The only "true" liberal running was Dennis Kucinich. Obama still won. (part of me just wanted Mrs. Kucinich as the first lady)

Yes, there are some out there that will likely stay home on election day because Obama didn't legalize pot (or they'll write in Ron Paul). Well, they probably didn't vote for Obama in 2008.

Most pragmatic liberals that voted in 2008 will do so again, knowing that a President Obama in office is far better than any of the current crop of GOP candidates (who just want to continue Bush era policies (that got us into the mess in the first place), but call them something else).

The problem is ending up in November with what in reality is a take-it-or-leave-it choice between two men who both owe a LOT of political favors and voting against the one whose debts appear the most frightening.
i
It would be nice to see less control over the election process by the two party "system", whatever the fuck THAT is.

That isn't going to happen from the top down, but the bottom up. The problem isn't as much the two party system as it is our election process being controlled by the money system...and that reform is certainly not going to start at the top.

The key to keeping your sanity is to approach things from where they are, not from where you'd like them to be.

I'm going to make a bold prediction here. I think because Huntsman dropped out that after Romney secures the nomination Huntsman will re-enter as an independent siphoning off votes from romney, securing Obama a second term. Huntsman is part of the Obama administration, he is Obamas ambassador to china, he will do this for Obama.
Huntsman To Withdraw From Race For Republican Presidential Nomination | Fox News

It will never happen. Huntsman is supporting Romney. Why would he do that? If anyone comes in as a third party candidate, it would be Trump or possibly one from the Tea Party. Bachmann is a possibility, but Santorum is there also.

Why would he be in the Obama administration and be running for the GOP candidacy at the same time? Bachman knows she would draw votes from romney, so she wont do it, as does trump, huntsman on the other hand is a snake in the grass. Watch and see.

What's Mitt Romney

TRYING TO HIDE??!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0JTcYeKXg]Colbert Super PAC Ad - Attack In B Minor For Strings - YouTube[/ame]​

The problem is ending up in November with what in reality is a take-it-or-leave-it choice between two men who both owe a LOT of political favors and voting against the one whose debts appear the most frightening.
i
It would be nice to see less control over the election process by the two party "system", whatever the fuck THAT is.

That isn't going to happen from the top down, but the bottom up. The problem isn't as much the two party system as it is our election process being controlled by the money system...and that reform is certainly not going to start at the top.

The key to keeping your sanity is to approach things from where they are, not from where you'd like them to be.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
-Thomas Jefferson

That's how you fix that shit.

Don't forget... unless Sarah gets the nod just 'cause she has an 'R' in her name and still has a nice rack, one of those schmoes is going to be the VP.

:eusa_think: Romney - Santorum ?

i

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
-Thomas Jefferson

Sadly, Americans are to lazy and comfortable to get off their couches and initiate any sort of change, especially in that manner

You're missing the point. In 2008 even a 1st year senator with zero experience at doing anything (community organizer??) won because the party in-power was terrible. Now after 4-years in power the question is "are you better now than 4-years ago?' and the answer is NO.

So in 2008 even BO could get elected, in 2012 ANY GOP candidate could win. Its not a debate, its a matter of economic timing.

Yep. And also the primaries with Hillary and Obama were every bit as vicious as the Republicans are now. What we have here, is a case of wishful thinking on the part of the left.

i

-Thomas Jefferson

Oh put your big bangy phallic symbol away. We can still win at the ballot box and there is no need to resort to violence.

It's not like the nation is going to remain static. In three years BO increased the deficit by 6.2 trillion dollars. Not total, an additional 6.2 trillion dollars. He asked for a trillion more than changed that to two trillion.

BO's abysmal foreign policies have resulted in civil war in Iraq and consistently choosing the wrong side in Egypt and Libya. His hesitancy, lack of experience and inability to deal with Iran past begging, may worsen an already horrible situation. He is putting his trust and what remains of the United States into the Taliban peace talks.

So far the regime has been able to lie effecively. The jobless rate is 8.5 when it's really 11.4. Retail sales is up when in fact even Christmas sales were disappointing. After allying himself with the occupy movement he must now depend on these anarchists to behave themselves.

There is no way to tell what the situation will be like when people go to vote in November. Look at the man, take a good look. He isn't on his last leg, he's balancing on his last toenail. His performance at the speech he gave before the Iowa Caucus was horrifying for a national leader. Is he ill? Readying for a psychotic break, or just strung out on drugs? IF he is this bad now, in a year he might be bed ridden.

i

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head there... the ONLY reason we have a two party system is because more than one is required and more than two is expensive.

Shit, just keeping a handle on the two, the status quo spends a trillion per election cycle, easy!

It's not like the nation is going to remain static. In three years BO increased the deficit by 6.2 trillion dollars. Not total, an additional 6.2 trillion dollars. He asked for a trillion more than changed that to two trillion.

BO's abysmal foreign policies have resulted in civil war in Iraq and consistently choosing the wrong side in Egypt and Libya. His hesitancy, lack of experience and inability to deal with Iran past begging, may worsen an already horrible situation. He is putting his trust and what remains of the United States into the Taliban peace talks.

So far the regime has been able to lie effecively. The jobless rate is 8.5 when it's really 11.4. Retail sales is up when in fact even Christmas sales were disappointing. After allying himself with the occupy movement he must now depend on these anarchists to behave themselves.

There is no way to tell what the situation will be like when people go to vote in November. Look at the man, take a good look. He isn't on his last leg, he's balancing on his last toenail. His performance at the speech he gave before the Iowa Caucus was horrifying for a national leader. Is he ill? Readying for a psychotic break, or just strung out on drugs? IF he is this bad now, in a year he might be bed ridden.

Yeah. yeah...tell me flip flop Mitt is going to defeat him. The 3rd party condidate is waiting in the wings.

Your prediction is senseless rather than bold.

Forum List

Back