Why Republicans who make under $20 an hour should support the UAW strikes

My uncle, and Dad worked at Ford motor company. My grandfather work for Bethlehem Steel. So many of our American ancestors black-and-white worked these very jobs that built the country we live in. Everyone knows that the Bridges, road signs, buildings we have we’re built by these types of workers. Including many women.

Well, there’s many working class Republicans making under $20 an hour some under $15 an hour all throughout America. They should know that we have a chance at bringing back industry in America like it used to be for perhaps 50 years or even 70 years. You used to get a job out high school making over $30 an hour …and you did not have to live like a slave in this country making $15 an hour. If we can get the right leaders in power, we can bring back American industry.

It’s always unfortunate to see a republican who makes under $20 an hour say that he is upset to see UAW workers, striking demanding better wages. We already live in a country with a horrible Joe Biden inflation economy. So therefore, people in industry deserve better wages. We’re not talking about McDonald’s workers. We’re not talking about Walmart workers. Those who work the UAW jobs work in industry that is vital to this country.

Simply remember that the UAW strikes of history involves working class white people who served in World War II who fought in the Vietnam war. There is all the reason in the world for working class Republicans to support the UAW strikes.

At the very least after 90 days on the job, somebody at ford deserves to be making over $30 an hour. That’s the wage they got adjusted for inflation for 50 years in this country. There’s no reason for it to not happen again. It’s only the corporations and some Chinese companies who are paying a garbage wage that want Republicans to be against the UAW.
For the most part you’re right… your obsession with race is fucked up though

It is funny that union members complain when company executives don't share more of the profit when a company is profitable and yet at the same time don't want to take a pay cut when a company is not profitable and the executives are taking a pay cut.

But democrats shouldn't be bothered? Once more the media protects the incoherent agenda of the current president when it's unclear what the hell he was doing on the picket line.

My uncle, and Dad worked at Ford motor company. My grandfather work for Bethlehem Steel. So many of our American ancestors black-and-white worked these very jobs that built the country we live in. Everyone knows that the Bridges, road signs, buildings we have we’re built by these types of workers. Including many women.

Well, there’s many working class Republicans making under $20 an hour some under $15 an hour all throughout America. They should know that we have a chance at bringing back industry in America like it used to be for perhaps 50 years or even 70 years. You used to get a job out high school making over $30 an hour …and you did not have to live like a slave in this country making $15 an hour. If we can get the right leaders in power, we can bring back American industry.

It’s always unfortunate to see a republican who makes under $20 an hour say that he is upset to see UAW workers, striking demanding better wages. We already live in a country with a horrible Joe Biden inflation economy. So therefore, people in industry deserve better wages. We’re not talking about McDonald’s workers. We’re not talking about Walmart workers. Those who work the UAW jobs work in industry that is vital to this country.

Simply remember that the UAW strikes of history involves working class white people who served in World War II who fought in the Vietnam war. There is all the reason in the world for working class Republicans to support the UAW strikes.

At the very least after 90 days on the job, somebody at ford deserves to be making over $30 an hour. That’s the wage they got adjusted for inflation for 50 years in this country. There’s no reason for it to not happen again. It’s only the corporations and some Chinese companies who are paying a garbage wage that want Republicans to be against the UAW.
When I worked for a GM factory in Fremont, CA, I also was a union member of Local #34 piledrivers. I was paid a lot more at Local #34 than at the factory. But at the time, construction work was at a stop. Anyway, the factory work was pretty damned tiring. I could rest at times in construction. But the factory line did not stop. I gladly went back to work during the model changeover at the factory and never wanted to work for the UAW again. Today a lot we did is handled by robots. And they do not rest nor go on strike. The UAW workers are driving the factories to keep adding robots and not hiring humans.

I'm pro american which means I support the workers over the management. The masses always should win.

When I worked for a GM factory in Fremont, CA, I also was a union member of Local #34 piledrivers. I was paid a lot more at Local #34 than at the factory. But at the time, construction work was at a stop. Anyway, the factory work was pretty damned tiring. I could rest at times in construction. But the factory line did not stop. I gladly went back to work during the model changeover at the factory and never wanted to work for the UAW again. Today a lot we did is handled by robots. And they do not rest nor go on strike. The UAW workers are driving the factories to keep adding robots and not hiring humans.
So what you're saying is the masses should work hard for their paychecks and be thankful correct?

The union demands are absurdly expensive. It’s not just that per hour wage issue. It’s the associated demands.

Coming, as it does, during a period of upheaval in the auto industry (seemingly converting from gas the EV products), it is going to be very difficult for one or more of the automakers to absorb the costs.

Then, when we all find out the true (massive) costs of converting the industry over to EV, there could easily be a foreseeable aftershock to the auto industry. And it could be cripplingly expensive.

Rather than helping the workers, this present union action could cost lots of workers their jobs.
Those are valid points. Now I don’t know if the corporations are lying to us or taking the issue out of proportion. What I do know is what works for 70 years in the 20th century. Back in those days the auto plant workers were making more money compared to today and that situation was working for 70 years on end as I said.

Whatever the case might be many of us, Americans are hoping that we can go back to how things used to be in this country in the 1950s the country was a much better place in those days, seemingly in many ways most especially when it came to the economy and the social lives. The divorce rate was much lower.

The problem is in were in too deep now. America's economy can't be fixed. That's the way every financial system works. The value of money not backed by gold and silver or tangible assets eventually becomes less valuable and thus more of it is needed. The more money you make the less value each dollar is worth. Eventually it reaches a breaking point and has to be reset on a new monetary system so we're back to a good job pays like 15 dollars an hour and a loaf of bread is like 65 cents.

America doesn't back it's money with tangible assets anymore so it will always eventually go out of control because our monetary system right is backed by debt and promises. Debt is our countries biggest export.

And a 40% pay increases? Who the fuck has ever earned that much of a pay increase without switching positions within a company? Meaning you go from a line worker to a staff manager position or something. That means if you make 60k a year you're telling your employer you want a
like a 25,0000 dollar a year raise. That's fucking nuts.

I get it, workers want more money but they are being led around by their nose by the union. The union doesn't give a shit about them, they are trying to force such a huge pay rate hike because the union is going to make a lot of money, a lot. They get a chunk percent of every workers pay, so the money the workers make the more money the union gets. The union is a racket and they exploit employees to get more money.
These are valid points as well

Some unions are corrupt. Not the UAW and the workers of the UAW paid very little when it comes to union wages. I know people from the UAW. My family members worked at Ford.

Now you talk about a price increase in a short amount of time that did happen when Henry Ford revolutionized the workforce and paid his workers five dollars a day which provided in a very short period of time an astronomical wage increase…. This was back in the early part of the 20th century.

And with that revolutionary five dollar a day wage came about some were saying well, Ford will go bankrupt. This is too much.

The opposite happened Mr. Ford, one of the greatest American CEOs of our history, created a system where his employees then had the money to buy ford products , the model T. You would see model ts all over the country.

There is a historical example of large numbers of employees of one company getting an astronomical wage increase overnight, and things working out for everybody for the employer and the employees.

Your other points are valid about how much the American dollar is worth today. Because of the human made lockdowns in 2020 which wrecked havoc on the global economy, the dollar is worth less everywhere. Everyone in the world was affected by humans making that horrendous decision to lock people down. I think 500 years from now the lockdowns will be viewed as satanic. It’s something that was unbelievable

What do you think America’s going to do within 10 years… do you think we will invade Iran or North Korea or some other countries? To try and perhaps get an edge in the global economy? It’s unfortunate. It might have to go down that route. I don’t like it. But I think that perhaps that’s the idea that the powers that be of America might have. What do you think?

This is not the humor section.

The democrats are the elite....the wealthiest members of our country vote for the democrats. The wealthy elites push the fake global warming agenda to increase their power, and that agenda is destroying union jobs.
In many ways this is true we’ve had a number of democrat presidents since the 1960s yet we have gone from 33% unionized jobs in America to now only about 10% of all jobs in America are unionized. Wages are lower, the dollar is worth less. The downfall really began in the 1980s when jobs were being shipped overseas. We were buying tons of cheap products from China and India.

No matter what any of us your think of unions ….The middle class is nowhere near as strong as it was in the 1950s. The numbers are utterly undeniable. Starting in the late 1980s The Rust belt and the south lost millions of Union factory jobs that were never replaced.

People have a misunderstanding of the UAW here at least some of them do …I don’t think you do. They don’t understand that when it came to Ford, General Motors and the American steel companies that these were the types of people that would vote for Trump today. But back in the 60s they were voting for John F. Kennedy. It is American as it gets when it comes to the UAW.

Those are valid points. Now I don’t know if the corporations are lying to us or taking the issue out of proportion. What I do know is what works for 70 years in the 20th century. Back in those days the auto plant workers were making more money compared to today and that situation was working for 70 years on end as I said.

Whatever the case might be many of us, Americans are hoping that we can go back to how things used to be in this country in the 1950s the country was a much better place in those days, seemingly in many ways most especially when it came to the economy and the social lives. The divorce rate was much lower.
I am not in the tiniest little bit anti-Union. They can — and often do — serve a valid purpose.

But I am opposed to Union honchos urging the membership to take hard line stances without bothering to grasp that the other side may have legitimate points, too. And if the effect of a strike is to kill the company or force the company to have fewer employees, then the Unions aren’t doing their jobs right. And the employees pay that tab.

I am not in the tiniest little bit anti-Union. They can — and often do — serve a valid purpose.

But I am opposed to Union honchos urging the membership to take hard line stances without bothering to grasp that the other side may have legitimate points, too. And if the effect of a strike is to kill the company or force the company to have fewer employees, then the Unions aren’t doing their jobs right. And the employees pay that tab.

The job of the union is to launder money for the democrat party....

The job of the union is to launder money for the democrat party....
opxux50sb0rb1.jpg

Union bosses just like our elected leaders now, got greedy,
Those now elected bend too the will of money power & celebrity's.
And refuse to use the balance of power as the most healthy way of serving us all.

For those who might say if the Ford employees or the General Motors employees receive a wage that’s going to wreck the economy. Here is the logical response to that. All you have to do is look at what was known as the American age of prosperity, which went from 1950 to about 2000.

For 50 years you were able to get a job out of high school in industry if you wanted to …. making over $30 an hour adjusted for inflation after a 90 day probationary period. So there you go there’s the answer and back in those days the prices were a lot lower than they are now adjusted for inflation.

There are communist Chinese corporations that hate when American workers get paid high amounts of money. There’s actually a documentary on Netflix showing a Chinese company paying very low wages to workers in America. They love it when they see republicans say the UAW is the enemy.

It’s important to stand up for American history, and for the working Man in this country.
Way overdue to tax the rich and invest in Americans again like cheap college and training because simple manual labor jobs aren't here anymore....

A 46% pay increase and a 4 day work week. GTFO

"Our members are working 60, 70, even 80 hours a week just to make ends meet. That's not living. It's barely surviving and it needs to stop," Fain said last month on Facebook Live, explaining the demands of the union.

BLAME JOE BIDEN AND THE DEMOCRATS FOR INFLATON, DUMB FUCK. NOT THE BIG 3 COMPANIES.

I will never buy American again.
Or you could try reality and blame the GOP pandemic response and your hero Putin screwing up the grain and oil markets...

Forum List

Back