Why People Make Minimum Wage

Then you righties need to stop complaining about how Obama sucks because his ecomomy is BOOMING! .

too stupid as always! unemployment is 12%, there are fewer full time jobs than when Barry took office, income is down 5%, it is slowest recovery since Great Depression!!

Sealy is the dumbest of the liberals, and seemingly proud of it!!

Your side sent all the high paying manufacturing jobs overseas. Now you're complaining because non union factory workers make 5% less? Stupid fuck.

dear, you can use a thing called google to look up prison population by year and see the horrific liberal programs increased the prison population 600% starting in the Great liberal Society.

I did and it doesnt bear out your claim.

ah but you're a liberal and that means stupid- right??
http://www.justicepolicy.org/images/upload/00-05_rep_punishingdecade_ac.pdf[/QUOTE]

Ah...you must be one of those fools that think you can show me a graph actually supporting my position and somehow equate welfare to the cause instead of the arrest and incarceration polices?. Try another tactic. No where in your chart does it draw a correlation between prison and welfare. It actually supports my contention quite nicely. I pretty much figured you didn't have any proof of your claim.

It actually supports my contention quite nicely. I pretty much figured you didn't have any proof of your claim.

what contention of yours does a 600% rise in incarcertaion stating with the deadly liberal programs support!

How surprising that the liberal clean forgot to say.

No, that's just something Republicans say. It isn't real.

are you an idiot? participation is down, u6 is 12%, income is down 5%, and liberalism is up!!. Most of Obama's supporters have abandoned him without being economists because they know the economy is bad and America is in decline, and welfare is not.

Recently, Ron Haskins of the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank, testified before the House Budget Committee on the growth of the 10-largest “means tested” federal programs that serve people who qualify by various definitions of poverty.

Here’s what Haskins reported: From 1980 to 2011, annual spending on these programs grew from $126 billion to $626 billion (all figures in inflation-adjusted “2011 dollars”); dividing this by the number of people below the government poverty line, spending went from $4,300 per poor person in 1980 to $13,000 in 2011. In 1962, spending per person in poverty was $516.

Haskins’s list includes Medicaid, food stamps (now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP), the earned-income tax credit (a wage subsidy for some low-income workers), and Pell Grants. There are other, smaller programs dedicated to the poor. A report from the Congressional Research Service estimated the total number at 83; Haskins puts the additional spending on programs below the 10 largest at about $210 billion. The total of all programs for the poor exceeds $800 billion.

To be sure, some spending reflects the effects of the Great Recession. But most doesn’t. As Haskins shows, spending on the poor has increased steadily for decades. Consider food stamps. There are now about 45 million Americans receiving an average of $287 a month in food stamps, up from 26 million in 2007, according to a new Congressional Budget Office report. But the number in 2007, when the economy was healthy, was roughly 50 percent higher than in 2001.

And programs for the poor pale beside middle-class transfers. The giants here are Social Security at $725 billion in 2011 and Medicare at $560 billion. Combine all this spending -- programs for the poor, Social Security and Medicare — and the total is nearly $2.1 trillion. That was about 60 percent of 2011 non-interest federal spending of $3.4 trillion.

Asking a liberal if he's an idiot.... yeah that's a rhetorical question.

10502540_10152159123992595_4557688662605818198_n.png

Because they have the same intellectual capacity as Frankie Boy.

LOL.

I made minimum wage for a total of 6 months. $4.25 an hour.
After 6 months, he bumped me up to $4.75 an hour, and eventually $6.00 an hour. All of this before I turned 19 years old.

He realized I was a good worker, and bumped me up to make sure I didn't leave for something else.

It must feel good, knowing you worked for slave wages.

dear, slaves got no wages and were not free to quit! Slow?

They got room and board, which is more than you could afford on minimum wage.

Sounds to me that if the only skills someone has earns them minimum wage, the problem is with the earner not the payer.

Then you righties need to stop complaining about how Obama sucks because his ecomomy is BOOMING! The only people not benefitting is labor. So for all you GOP voters who say Obama sucks, just remember that the GOP have no solution for you. Either start your own business, go back to school or shut the fuck up.

Let me tell you a quick story about Carl. In 1960 he graduated high school and went and got a job at the steel mill making the equivalent to $17.50 an hour in todays wages shoveling coal into a furnace. And he made that kind of money for 30 years.

Why was he paid so much for such a low skilled job? He was in a union.

Today the GOP and corporations don't value any jobs unless you are upper management or your job is in high demand. If you are just an average worker they think you are not worth anything more than minimum wage.

The new America under GOP rule.

If the skills you have involve doing something mindless, you're worth something in wages just not much. Pay is based on skills not existence like you seem to think. Carl didn't make what he did because he offered some high demand skills. The only way he made it was because of someone other than himself. I'll take being paid a higher wage because I offer something someone thinks is valuable over being paid a high wage because some whining union extorted it for me.

No one thinks its theirs because its called welfare. Again I pay my taxes without complaint. You want to shirk your responsibilities.

dear, its not our responsibility to fund crippling welfare programs that destroy familes and imprison men.
Welfare doesn't destroy families nor does it imprison people. Bad polices and laws do that .

Any law that takes from a productive worker and gives it to someone that is is a bad policy or law. You say living in society has responsibilities. When are the leeches of society going to start fulfilling theirs?

Since you can't determine for anyone but yourself about being generous, stating that I am unwilling is retarded.

putting your money in a bank where it is loaned out for car homes educations etc is infinitely more productive than wasting it on near genocidal liberal welfare programs.

Saving/investing it in things for my children's education will do the same. At least I know they won't be one of the leeches Asclepias thinks is owed something.

No one thinks its theirs because its called welfare. Again I pay my taxes without complaint. You want to shirk your responsibilities.

dear, its not our responsibility to fund crippling welfare programs that destroy familes and imprison men.
Welfare doesn't destroy families nor does it imprison people. Bad polices and laws do that .

Any law that takes from a productive worker and gives it to someone that is is a bad policy or law. You say living in society has responsibilities. When are the leeches of society going to start fulfilling theirs?

Thats a bunch of BS. You must hate old people then. Yes living in society has responsibilities and one of them in a civilized society is care of those that are less fortunate than you. Stop worrying about what leeches will do. There will always be leeches and they will always be a small minority. The point is that the leeches will always live substandard leech like lives. Until you devise a method of pointing out who a leech is vs who is someone in need stop whining.

It actually supports my contention quite nicely. I pretty much figured you didn't have any proof of your claim.

what contention of yours does a 600% rise in incarcertaion stating with the deadly liberal programs support!

How surprising that the liberal clean forgot to say.
Your attempt to deflect was amusing. Why did you submit as proof of your welfare/crime theory something that actually supports my incarceration policy/crime theory. Please explain yourself.

Thats a bunch of BS. You must hate old people then. Yes living in society has responsibilities and one of them in a civilized society is care of those that are less fortunate than you. Stop worrying about what leeches will do. There will always be leeches and they will always be a small minority. The point is that the leeches will always live substandard leech like lives. Until you devise a method of pointing out who a leech is vs who is someone in need stop whining.

Currently, approximately 1/3 of the country receive some sort of handout. That's not a small minority.

I've devised a method. If they think they should get a dime of money someone else has earned, they are a leech. Just propose reducing or taking something away they didn't earn and you will see.

I despise anyone who thinks that I'm stingy or greedy because I want to keep more of what I've earned yet is perfectly fine with someone that didn't earn it getting a dime of it.

Currently, approximately 1/3 of the country receive some sort of handout. That's not a small minority.

I've devised a method. If they think they should get a dime of money someone else has earned, they are a leech. Just propose reducing or taking something away they didn't earn and you will see.

I despise anyone who thinks that I'm stingy or greedy because I want to keep more of what I've earned yet is perfectly fine with someone that didn't earn it getting a dime of it.
And the % of democrats in this country is about 1/3... coincidence?

How many of that 1/3 have paid into the system prior to needing a handout? How many of that 1/3 have not been provided an adequate education needed to secure a job that feeds their family?

Your method of detecting a leech is faulty to the point of someone that indulges in fantasies. Short of them admitting they feel they should get a dime of someones money, how do you purpose to read their minds?

I'm not concerned with who or what you despise. Just pay your taxes or if you are really a person that backs up their convictions stop paying your taxes and go to jail. Whining about it is not going to solve anything.

Faulty speculation. Democrats are usually the wealthiest and better educated.

How many of that 1/3 have paid into the system prior to needing a handout? How many of that 1/3 have not been provided an adequate education needed to secure a job that feeds their family?

Your method of detecting a leech is faulty to the point of someone that indulges in fantasies. Short of them admitting they feel they should get a dime of someones money, how do you purpose to read their minds?

I'm not concerned with who or what you despise. Just pay your taxes or if you are really a person that backs up their convictions stop paying your taxes and go to jail. Whining about it is not going to solve anything.

Don't assume that if they currently receive a handout that they paid into the system that funds it prior to receiving it. Currently, a family of four with 2 adults and 2 children doesn't pay a dime in the very taxes (income) that fund such programs until the family gross income is near $50,000.

Since everyone has the opportunity to go to school through the 12th grade, they had an opportunity.

They don't have to admit it directly to show they do. Try reducing and/or taking it away. Those that raise hell about it show they think they are owed it. Their actions will speak for them.

If you are a person of your convictions, you'd voluntarily pay to support what you claim so I wouldn't have to. Don't think that being mandated to do something and doing it is the same as true compassion. It's not but your retards on the left seem to think it is.

Faulty speculation. Democrats are usually the wealthiest and better educated.

I'm not a Democrat and would put my wealth and eduction up against anything you have.

No, that's just something Republicans say. It isn't real.

are you an idiot? participation is down, u6 is 12%, income is down 5%, and liberalism is up!!. Most of Obama's supporters have abandoned him without being economists because they know the economy is bad and America is in decline, and welfare is not.

Recently, Ron Haskins of the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank, testified before the House Budget Committee on the growth of the 10-largest “means tested” federal programs that serve people who qualify by various definitions of poverty.

Here’s what Haskins reported: From 1980 to 2011, annual spending on these programs grew from $126 billion to $626 billion (all figures in inflation-adjusted “2011 dollars”); dividing this by the number of people below the government poverty line, spending went from $4,300 per poor person in 1980 to $13,000 in 2011. In 1962, spending per person in poverty was $516.

Haskins’s list includes Medicaid, food stamps (now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP), the earned-income tax credit (a wage subsidy for some low-income workers), and Pell Grants. There are other, smaller programs dedicated to the poor. A report from the Congressional Research Service estimated the total number at 83; Haskins puts the additional spending on programs below the 10 largest at about $210 billion. The total of all programs for the poor exceeds $800 billion.

To be sure, some spending reflects the effects of the Great Recession. But most doesn’t. As Haskins shows, spending on the poor has increased steadily for decades. Consider food stamps. There are now about 45 million Americans receiving an average of $287 a month in food stamps, up from 26 million in 2007, according to a new Congressional Budget Office report. But the number in 2007, when the economy was healthy, was roughly 50 percent higher than in 2001.

And programs for the poor pale beside middle-class transfers. The giants here are Social Security at $725 billion in 2011 and Medicare at $560 billion. Combine all this spending -- programs for the poor, Social Security and Medicare — and the total is nearly $2.1 trillion. That was about 60 percent of 2011 non-interest federal spending of $3.4 trillion.

Asking a liberal if he's an idiot.... yeah that's a rhetorical question.

That's because they're too stupid to realize just how dumb they are.

Don't assume that if they currently receive a handout that they paid into the system that funds it prior to receiving it. Currently, a family of four with 2 adults and 2 children doesn't pay a dime in the very taxes (income) that fund such programs until the family gross income is near $50,000.

Since everyone has the opportunity to go to school through the 12th grade, they had an opportunity.

They don't have to admit it directly to show they do. Try reducing and/or taking it away. Those that raise hell about it show they think they are owed it. Their actions will speak for them.

If you are a person of your convictions, you'd voluntarily pay to support what you claim so I wouldn't have to. Don't think that being mandated to do something and doing it is the same as true compassion. It's not but your retards on the left seem to think it is.
I dont have to assume they paid in to the system. I dont mind paying my taxes. The question was can you show that the 1/3 did not pay into the system? Well can you?

Having an opportunity to go to school and getting an education are 2 different things. School is just a building where attendance is taken. Education is what goes on in some schools and not in others.

How are they going to show you anything? Basically you are relying on speculation and conjecture. IOW you just admitted you have no way of knowing who believes they should be paid someone elses money.

Forum List

Back