Why People Make Minimum Wage

Until the poor and middle class decide to vote, they/we lose.

dear what would they vote for? To steal money from the rich? Govt is not a vehicle to make theft legal. If you don't want the rich to have money stop buying their products.

You can say that after the rich and GOP rigged the game and stole all the nations wealth? Then we bailed them out because they were too big to fail?

Did you really just say what you said? Fucking idiot.

Explain to us all how that works. I bet it took more than just effort to get started. How did you come up with the money? Did you have a silent partner? Did you just sell your ass to gay men? Did the crack dealer front you your first rocks? Please explain how you started two companies with nothing but effort.

Republicans think they were born in the log cabin they built.

I worked late nights writing software to run a particular type of business, then I sold the software for 3-10k per customer. Then I hired people to sell more and service my customer base. Any other questions?

Oh yea I forgot about you computer savvy people who can invent an app and get rich overnight. Good for you!

Not saying that it is impossible to be successful in America. Not yet anyways. They're making it harder and harder though. All those millions of high paid factory workers don't exist anymore. So there's one way out of poverty that doesn't exist anymore. A lot more people in America made a good life for themselves getting a good job in the Big 3 OR one of their suppliers and a lot of those jobs went away.

Just look at the statistics and facts. People aren't saving. People aren't making enough. People aren't finding jobs. Unemployment is too high. Too many college age kids can't afford college and the jobs aren't out there when they graduate. Sure there are jobs out there but they are not as many as their should be and they don't pay as well as they use to. Why? Because unions are basically non existent unless you work for the big 3. So every tier 1 2 or 3 factory job now pays less, even though EVERYTHING costs more.

Anyways, I know the rich and corporations love the way things are now. If you put your money in a bank you get 1% and if you are part of the investor class you are cleaning up. Like the good old days before the New Deal. Maybe one day the masses will wake up and vote. Lot more of us than there are you.

I have actually heard rich people defend my side of this debate. They admit something must be done and they also admit and explained all the reasons why your side is going to fight tooth and nail against it.
It took me man years of effort to build my enterprise base application. It was not what you would call an app by any measure. It is about 100k lines of code 100 + various screens, handling everything from accounting to policy management of small medium and large insurance companies. Not a get rich overnight venture by any means.

As for the issue of jobs that are in shorter supply than prior decades... there are some issues that need to be addressed, but I'm not sure you brought up any of them or tied me to them. Rather it looks like you are somehow blaming me for your?? particular situation.

Nah, just trying to find an example that may cause you to relate or show empathy for the have nots. But I'm starting to realize they don't even care about themselves so they sort of deserve to make minimum wage. If they can't even show up to vote, fuck em.

Anyways, please stop thinking people are envious or jealous or want to take from you what you have worked hard for. Its called paying taxes. We all have to pay them. Don't ask a guy making $25K a year to pay more so you can pay less. That makes you a dick. Politically that is. You seem like you are probably a nice person otherwise. I have lots of Republican friends. I'm just a flaming liberal but they know I'm a great guy otherwise and I know they are good people despite being greedy ignorant or both.
When I go to eat dinner I don't expect to get a higher bill for my food than the guy next to me. If it's a friend of mine eating at my table my hand goes up first to pay the bill. Get the difference?

You are not one of my close friends, thus you asking me to pay more for my dinner than you do well that's not right.

Let me guess, you liked Herman Cain's 999 tax plan?

You are 100% wrong. It is possible for anyone to start their own company in the USA. Or maybe you can explain to me why it is not possible. People get worthless degrees because they are "easy" or "fun." It's not a scam to sell you what you want to buy.

Good luck getting a loan if you have no collateral or you don't have $200,000 to start. Sure you can tell me of the 1 in a million entrepreneur that did it, but I can show you 999,000 that didn't.

Or good luck competing with Walmart. Walmart killed the small business owners.

One more quick story to illustrate. My illegal immigrant grandfather got a loan from the milk man, cigarette vendor, egg guy, meat guy, etc and he started his own restaurant. America is a lot different now.

30 years ago everyone anywhere else in the world wanted to come to America. Not once exception. But today there are many other countries where it is better to be a middle class person. Upward mobility, social services, healthcare, schools, opportunities.

Today people in Seattle wish they were in Vancouver. What happened? The corporations broke the unions and sent all the jobs international. The American workers make too much compared to India, China, Mexico, Europe, Africa and they will even flood our internal market with illegals and use them to lower our wages that way too.

Why Middle-Class Americans Can t Afford to Live in Liberal Cities - The Atlantic

The American people didn't vote. Where were all the 20 somethings yesterday? They get what they deserve I guess. I head Flint, MI blacks voted for Snyder because he increased the number of cops in Flint. Good for him if he did that. If he's earning the black vote, good! I got no problem with that.
I started my two companies with nothing but effort.

Not everyone can go become you or Bill Gates. I'm more worried about your workers and how much you are paying them. Are you paying them enough? I bet if you ask YOU you'll say yes but if you ask them I bet they feel they deserve more. Of course you disagree. LOL
I sold one of my two companies. For that company I paid my labor rate employees as little as I could, which is whatever minimum amount a good employee would take at the time. For sales I paid the going rate for commission. For a few they that were worth more to me, they became partners in the ownership of the company and we're paid very very well.

My other company .. well I'm the only one on the payroll for that one atm. I'm waiting for liberty to return in this country, and frankly if it doesn't I'm not gonna make the effort to grow beyond a one man operation. I have no interest in forking money over to the feds for redistribution programs. Out of principle, I'm not gonna bother to build up this company. I have all the money I need and democrats have managed to take all the fun out of building wealth. You guys think the rich are evil... fine. I'll stop investing.

I work when I want for as much income as I want to earn. I can stop working and retire now at 51 or I can continue doing what I'm doing... or I could go after the big bucks. Meh... you can't buy time back. I'm enjoying what you might call an early retirement.

Good for you. I knew a lot of people who worked hard from 18 to 48 at one of the big 3, saved their money, paid off their homes, had good healthcare benefits , got a pension for working 30 years. Plus ss? These people's spending made the economy work. Basically hundreds of thousands of men and women did what you did with less ever since the auto workers unionized. That was what created such a big huge middle class. But the owners, ceo's and investors didn't like paying us so much. Clearly you have agreed you paid only what you had to pay your employees.

I would take hundreds of thousands of people making a good living over your America where they all make shit and only you owners make a decent living. Problem is only rich people vote every 2 years so you win. Until the poor and middle class decide to vote, they/we lose.
Ah you are still guessing. And guessing wrong.

Before I started my first company, I mostly contracted for software companies, and made really good money doing that. I built and sold my first software company before I turned 30. When I turned 30, I started working for a large company for some people who were impressed with my work as a contractor. It wasn't much money, but I didn't need much money and was happy trying out working for a big company to see how fast I could work my way up the ranks, and they were doing operating systems work and I had an interest in that over the application work I had been doing. It was new and fun for me.

I quickly became one of the top engineers at that firm even getting my photo shown in the annual prospectus. I came up with quite literally over 400 inventions for them. I was making serious money for them for many years. Then Bush and Obama came along... and my company laid off quite literally hundreds of thousands of engineers, not a joke. When the layoffs came to my team they made the mistake of giving me a choice to take money or switch to a job that would require 75% plus travel that or I could take a promotion to division director if I was willing to move outside the country as an ex-pat. My kids were still in school and so I took the buyout. It's not just about the money for me.

So you see, while you may assume guys like me have not been affected by the policies of this government, you would be incorrect. Millions of engineers like me have watched our prior jobs go to H1b visa employees and India/Chinese engineers who are willing to work for a fraction of the money American professionals make.

I worked late nights writing software to run a particular type of business, then I sold the software for 3-10k per customer. Then I hired people to sell more and service my customer base. Any other questions?

Oh yea I forgot about you computer savvy people who can invent an app and get rich overnight. Good for you!

Not saying that it is impossible to be successful in America. Not yet anyways. They're making it harder and harder though. All those millions of high paid factory workers don't exist anymore. So there's one way out of poverty that doesn't exist anymore. A lot more people in America made a good life for themselves getting a good job in the Big 3 OR one of their suppliers and a lot of those jobs went away.

Just look at the statistics and facts. People aren't saving. People aren't making enough. People aren't finding jobs. Unemployment is too high. Too many college age kids can't afford college and the jobs aren't out there when they graduate. Sure there are jobs out there but they are not as many as their should be and they don't pay as well as they use to. Why? Because unions are basically non existent unless you work for the big 3. So every tier 1 2 or 3 factory job now pays less, even though EVERYTHING costs more.

Anyways, I know the rich and corporations love the way things are now. If you put your money in a bank you get 1% and if you are part of the investor class you are cleaning up. Like the good old days before the New Deal. Maybe one day the masses will wake up and vote. Lot more of us than there are you.

I have actually heard rich people defend my side of this debate. They admit something must be done and they also admit and explained all the reasons why your side is going to fight tooth and nail against it.
It took me man years of effort to build my enterprise base application. It was not what you would call an app by any measure. It is about 100k lines of code 100 + various screens, handling everything from accounting to policy management of small medium and large insurance companies. Not a get rich overnight venture by any means.

As for the issue of jobs that are in shorter supply than prior decades... there are some issues that need to be addressed, but I'm not sure you brought up any of them or tied me to them. Rather it looks like you are somehow blaming me for your?? particular situation.

Nah, just trying to find an example that may cause you to relate or show empathy for the have nots. But I'm starting to realize they don't even care about themselves so they sort of deserve to make minimum wage. If they can't even show up to vote, fuck em.

Anyways, please stop thinking people are envious or jealous or want to take from you what you have worked hard for. Its called paying taxes. We all have to pay them. Don't ask a guy making $25K a year to pay more so you can pay less. That makes you a dick. Politically that is. You seem like you are probably a nice person otherwise. I have lots of Republican friends. I'm just a flaming liberal but they know I'm a great guy otherwise and I know they are good people despite being greedy ignorant or both.
When I go to eat dinner I don't expect to get a higher bill for my food than the guy next to me. If it's a friend of mine eating at my table my hand goes up first to pay the bill. Get the difference?

You are not one of my close friends, thus you asking me to pay more for my dinner than you do well that's not right.

Let me guess, you liked Herman Cain's 999 tax plan?
It was better than the one we have, but no I didn't like 999.

Then argue with the progressive tax system we have in America. And from what I see, a lot of you guys with your high priced accountants aren't even paying anything in taxes.

What did Buffet say? He pays less % in taxes than his secretary? LESS? Romney pays less because he doesn't work for his money his money works for him? Bullshit! That'll eventually change.

The more you talk the more I realize you are only pretending to be one of the haves.
Buffet was comparing apples to oranges... capital gain taxes to personal income taxes.

Yes, I don't like "progressive" tax systems. I like how sales tax + property tax works when you exempt food, medicine, and provide for a homeowners exemption the annual property tax. I despise income taxes, and even more so "progressive" income taxes. The only thing I despise more than progressive income taxes are re-distributions of income paid for by income taxes, and using well that and using my money to take my liberty away.

Pretending to be one of the "haves?" What does that even mean? I live in a nice house on a ranch in TX. I'm satisfied.

You can say that after the rich and GOP rigged the game and stole all the nations wealth? .

of course if true you would not be so afraid to present your best example,. What does your fear teach us?

They used 9-11 and the short term recession it created to lie us into Iraq and to get us to go along with their bad tax policies that they said they NEEDED in order to fix the economy, which they never did.

I'll give you one great example. Chaney said Iraq oil would pay for the war. Did it? No. The American people did. In fact the Iraq war was just part of the game plan to bankrupt the country so they could make their cuts to social programs like ss and medicare.

And I thought in 2007 that they couldn't fuck us anymore and then right when Bush was leaving office the bankers basically held the American people hostage. Remember Bush said either give the bank robbers, I mean the bankers what they want or else. It was the biggest bank robbery in world history and no one even realizes it happened.

Uninformed electorate.

In fact the Iraq war was just part of the game plan to bankrupt the country so they could make their cuts to social programs like ss and medicare.
if the idiot liberal has evidence of that I'll pay him $10,000. Bet or admit to having the IQ of a typical liberal goon.

Why people make minimum wage and why $15/hour is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpaying

Billboard.jpg

LOL.

I made minimum wage for a total of 6 months. $4.25 an hour.
After 6 months, he bumped me up to $4.75 an hour, and eventually $6.00 an hour. All of this before I turned 19 years old.

He realized I was a good worker, and bumped me up to make sure I didn't leave for something else.
I made minimum wage at a grocery store for 2 months when I was 15 back in the 70s was making double that in a year. The only people that made minimum wage for longer than 6months were the people that were not worth more than minimum wage.

Anyone over 25 applying for minimum wage jobs is slightly retarded

dear, when we say supply equals demand we mean in a free market. Do you grasp it? In a free market you don't overproduce or over supply because you cant sell what you over produce and that costs you money. Do you understand it despite being a liberal.

Support Program. In 1933, the federal government authorized the creation of the Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC), and in 1949 the CCC was given the responsibility to assure an adequate supply of milk for consumers – the Dairy Price Support Program was born. The CCC is required to buy all nonfat dry milk, butter, and cheese the industry offers to it at predetermined prices. The initial purpose was to remove excess product in the spring and release it in the fall, all in an attempt to flatten out supply. This law was intended to benefit consumers, not producers, and initially it worked as planned. But the dairy industry quickly saw it as a market (read that “loophole”) not a market of last resort, especially when President Reagan, in 1981, finally froze the rising support price at $13.49 cwt, because we were generating huge volumes of product to government warehouses. (That $13.49 cwt, by the way, translates into $29.97 cwt in today’s dollars!) The industry saw it as an actual market and produced giddily, resulting in the government dumping huge amounts of product in 1983-84, followed by a federal government producer buy-out to reduce production. In the short term, that solved the overproduction problem. Since then, the support price has dropped to $9.90 per cwt making this outlet definitely the last resort and definitely unattractive, especially when our milk prices were well above that price. With feed costs soaring due to the congressional ethanol mandate, that $9.90 per cwt “market” should effectively be closed to us.

Last edited:
With feed costs soaring due to the congressional ethanol mandate.

:cuckoo: Total Idiot !!! :cuckoo:

Ethanol production is through the roof & corn feed price has been cut in half. Dairy farmer Breunig said “I just have way more feed than a year ago", adding that his eight grain silos are full. “In terms of profitability, boy, that has a huge effect.”

With feed costs soaring due to the congressional ethanol mandate.

:cuckoo: Total Idiot !!! :cuckoo:

Ethanol production is through the roof & corn feed price has been cut in half. Dairy farmer Breunig said “I just have way more feed than a year ago", adding that his eight grain silos are full. “In terms of profitability, boy, that has a huge effect.”

dear, as a typical low IQ liberal you clean forgot to tell us what point you were trying to make. Care to share?

Forum List

Back