Why People Make Minimum Wage

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
10502540_10152159123992595_4557688662605818198_n.png

LOL.

I made minimum wage for a total of 6 months. $4.25 an hour.
After 6 months, he bumped me up to $4.75 an hour, and eventually $6.00 an hour. All of this before I turned 19 years old.

He realized I was a good worker, and bumped me up to make sure I didn't leave for something else.

I have identified an equation which exposes the real agenda of raising the minimum wage:

Higher Minimum Wage + My-Ra = Another funding source to expand federal debt and spending

Who can open a myRA? The accounts are targeted at the millions of low- and middle-income Americans who don't have access to employer-sponsored retirement plans. That includes roughly half of all workers and 75% of part-time workers.

The White House says it will "aggressively" encourage employers to offer the program, noting that they won't have to administer or contribute to the accounts. myRAs will initially be offered through a pilot program to workers whose employers sign on by the end of the year.

Once the program reaches full implementation, anyone who has direct deposit for their paycheck will be eligible to sign up, Treasury said.

All workers may invest in the accounts, including those who would like to supplement an existing 401(k) plan, as long as their household income falls below $191,000 a year.

How will the account work? The account will function as a Roth IRA, which allows savers to invest after-tax dollars and withdraw the money in retirement tax-free.

But unlike traditional Roth IRAs, the accounts will solely invest in government savings bonds. They will also be backed by the U.S. government, meaning that savers can never lose their principal investment....

How Obama s myRA retirement accounts will work - Jan. 29 2014

Think about it. If the current minimum wage is $9, and the feds increase it to the oft cited $15 "liveable wage", by requiring mandatory My-RA contribution, these low wage serfs will be forced to buy government bonds at low interest rates. The pols and the banksters make big money while the serfs fake additional income just loses value due to inflation.

Hopenchange!

Last edited:
Now if a minimum-wage employee at the slaughterhouse accidentally makes some hotdog patties, both of these employees would deserve a 20-cent raise.

I have identified an equation which exposes the real agenda of raising the minimum wage:

Higher Minimum Wage + My-Ra = Another funding source to expand federal debt and spending

Who can open a myRA? The accounts are targeted at the millions of low- and middle-income Americans who don't have access to employer-sponsored retirement plans. That includes roughly half of all workers and 75% of part-time workers.

The White House says it will "aggressively" encourage employers to offer the program, noting that they won't have to administer or contribute to the accounts. myRAs will initially be offered through a pilot program to workers whose employers sign on by the end of the year.

Once the program reaches full implementation, anyone who has direct deposit for their paycheck will be eligible to sign up, Treasury said.

All workers may invest in the accounts, including those who would like to supplement an existing 401(k) plan, as long as their household income falls below $191,000 a year.

How will the account work? The account will function as a Roth IRA, which allows savers to invest after-tax dollars and withdraw the money in retirement tax-free.

But unlike traditional Roth IRAs, the accounts will solely invest in government savings bonds. They will also be backed by the U.S. government, meaning that savers can never lose their principal investment....

Think about it. If the current minimum wage is $9, and the feds increase it to the oft cited $15 "liveable wage", by requiring mandatory My-RA contribution, these low wage serfs will be forced to buy government bonds at low interest rates. The pols and the banksters make big money while the serfs fake additional income just loses value due to inflation.

Hopenchange!

Sounds pretty conservative and capitalistic to me but you are guaranteed your initial investment at a worse case scenario?

never lose their principal investment....

The money gets invested in the economy.

It will also have the additional benefit of making lower income people start becoming more money conscious instead of living paycheck to paycheck.

Where does it say its mandatory?

The only thing that PO's me is that I cant qualify.

Hopenchange!

Sounds pretty conservative and capitalistic to me but you are guaranteed your initial investment at a worse case scenario?

It will also have the additional benefit of making lower income people start becoming more money conscious instead of living paycheck to paycheck.

It's not Conservative and Capitalistic to force people to save their money in Government bonds, bub.

You can buy government bonds now, so knock yourself our.

Now if a minimum-wage employee at the slaughterhouse accidentally makes some hotdog patties, both of these employees would deserve a 20-cent raise.
That sounds pretty good, usually I cut der weiners in half to make a weiner sandwich...

It's not Conservative and Capitalistic to force people to save their money in Government bonds, bub.

That's true but maybe its better to force people to save their own money so they won't steal yours at retirement.

In this case, the government is stealing theirs. I don't see how that's going to help.

Hopenchange!

You can buy government bonds now, so knock yourself our.

Where does it say they are forced to save in government bonds? The program is voluntary.

LOL.

After 6 months, he bumped me up to $4.75 an hour, and eventually $6.00 an hour. All of this before I turned 19 years old.

He realized I was a good worker, and bumped me up to make sure I didn't leave for something else.

but the minimum wage is not a living wage. We should have passed a law 200 years ago to the effect that the minimum wage has to always be a living wage and further that the evil corporations must hire enough people to eliminate unemployment! The free market does not work as far as brain dead liberals know!!

LOL.

but the minimum wage is not a living wage. We should have passed a law 200 years ago to the effect that the minimum wage has to always be a living wage and further that the evil corporations must hire enough people to eliminate unemployment! The free market does not work as far as brain dead liberals know!!
Thats BS. I have been described as liberal and I think the free market works fine. What irks me are the capitalists that whine about paying taxes to support welfare programs. Makes me think they are dumb and being led around by the nose by the conservatives. Everyone knows that businesses get tax write offs.

What irks me are the capitalists that whine about paying taxes to support welfare programs.

dear why does it irk the liberal given how deadly welfare programs are?
Because its deadlier to not eat and have a place to live when you dont have a job. In case you havent been keeping up on current events there are more people than jobs. Of course you can lower the minimum working age and add some more people to that count.

Thats BS. I have been described as liberal and I think the free market works fine. .

dear, liberals supported Obamacare which is not capitlaist. As a liberal you don't have the IQ to know that. Sad for our country.
Only a clown thinks a pure anything is a desirable system. You need a hodge podge of elements from different and sometime contradicting systems and a willingness to work through things.

there are more people than jobs.

of course in the absense of liberal interference supply equals demand. Get it? does your supermarket supply more canned soup than it can sell? No, supply equals demand. It would be the same in the job market.

Thats BS. I have been described as liberal and I think the free market works fine. .

dear, liberals supported Obamacare which is not capitlaist. As a liberal you don't have the IQ to know that. Sad for our country.
Only a clown thinks a pure anything is a desirable system. You need a hodge podge of elements from different and sometime contradicting systems and a willingness to work through things.

too stupid, you said you like the free market, and now you are saying you like several things. Why not think before you post?

Forum List

Back