Why Obama's connection to Wright is troubling

"Taken outta context" is such a convenient arguement when you don't like to face facts.

"Taken outta context" is such a convenient arguement when you don't like to face facts.

I guess an expert in African American Politics took the quotes out of context as well... :cuckoo: Of course only in Silence's world...

I guess an expert in African American Politics took the quotes out of context as well... :cuckoo: Of course only in Silence's world...

BTW...did you notice all of the MCcain/Palin connection is troubling...posts...

It is funny as hell....
Their Messiah is exposed as nothing more than a racist......

The Obama Kool-Aid Patrol is working overtime....

This is so pathetic.

Do you McCain/Bush lovers really think an election is going to turn on a book Obama wrote ten years ago?

Do you really think anything Obama wrote in the book, indicates he's a hateful racist. No, you don't. You're lying. You know Obama is not an overt hateful racist.

You know you never ran out to buy Obama's book, you know you never listened to the book on tape, although you've tried to give the impression that you are experts on what was written in the book. That was more lies on your part.

You know that you're full of shit, and that you've been reduced to posting selective and out of context clips from rightwing websites and neocon emails.

We know it. You know it. If you really think the only think the GOP stands for is lying, if your principles are so low that you feel compelled to lie on message boards because the party you vote for doesn't have anything tangible you can defend, I actually feel pity for you.

It must suck to vote for a Party and not know why your doing it. It must suck to have to lie, simply out of the fear that a black man, a Democrat no less, might get elected.

I see another scared little sheep!

I see scared little sheep everytime I turn on the news hearing them bashing Palin and everytime I log on to this forum and see 18,000 new Palin threads.

Funniest part is not one lie they've told has been proven true. Scared. Scared little sheep.

democrat20sheep.jpg

This is so pathetic.

Do you McCain/Bush lovers really think an election is going to turn on a book Obama wrote ten years ago?

Do you really think anything Obama wrote in the book, indicates he's a hateful racist. No, you don't. You're lying. You know Obama is not an overt hateful racist.

You know you never ran out to buy Obama's book, you know you never listened to the book on tape, although you've tried to give the impression that you are experts on what was written in the book. That was more lies on your part.

You know that you're full of shit, and that you've been reduced to posting selective and out of context clips from rightwing websites and neocon emails.

We know it. You know it. If you really think the only think the GOP stands for is lying, if your principles are so low that you feel compelled to lie on message boards because the party you vote for doesn't have anything tangible you can defend, I actually feel pity for you.

It must suck to vote for a Party and not know why your doing it. It must suck to have to lie, simply out of the fear that a black man, a Democrat no less, might get elected.

we don't know anything. He has lied so much it is impossible to tell truth from lie.

it's called reading comprehension. you can't read one or two sentences and get the full meaning behind the entire paragraph.

I read the passage in its entirety. I didn't see what you saw and I doubt anyone without an agenda would see what you saw either.

you'll continue to believe what you want. Makes no difference to me. It's not like you might've voted for Obama anyway.

he's winning with independent voters and the more he gets attacked the better it will be for him. Independents don't have a stomach for dirty politics. McCain NEEDS to bring in independents AND moderate dems... he's losing them daily.

it's called reading comprehension. you can't read one or two sentences and get the full meaning behind the entire paragraph.

I read the passage in its entirety. I didn't see what you saw and I doubt anyone without an agenda would see what you saw either.

you'll continue to believe what you want. Makes no difference to me. It's not like you might've voted for Obama anyway.

he's winning with independent voters and the more he gets attacked the better it will be for him. Independents don't have a stomach for dirty politics. McCain NEEDS to bring in independents AND moderate dems... he's losing them daily.

well then tell me what he meant when he said "Jewish doctors injected black babies with aids virus."?

I think the true independents have made up their minds already. The voting demographic the candidates are going after are the swing voters. Swing voters love shiny objects and they will knee jerk all the way to election day.

This is so pathetic.

From 'Dreams from my Father'....
Paperbook copy
Preface to the 2004 Edition...
pg.VII
"Almost a decade has passed since this book was first published. As I mention in the original introduction, the opportunity to write the book came while I was in law school, the result of my election as the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review.......

What am I lying about again? Go to Barnes and Noble read this page and see if I am not speaking the truth?

Like I have said a freaking expert in African American Politics viewed the comments as troublesome for Obama. That is about as non-partisan source as I can provide to you.

Paperbook copy
pg.VII
"Almost a decade has passed since this book was first published. As I mention in the original introduction, the opportunity to write the book came while I was in law school, the result of my election as the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review.......

What am I lying about again? Go to Barnes and Noble read this page and see if I am not speaking the truth?

Like I have said a freaking expert in African American Politics viewed the comments as troublesome for Obama. That is about as non-partisan source as I can provide to you.

We know you're lying. Just like you lied about being supporting Hillary for president. You didn't support Hillary for president. Unless you were following orders from Rush Limbaugh to contribute to the Hillary campaign to muck up the democratic nomination.

And we know you're lying that you ran out and bought Obama's book and read it cover to cover.

Just stop. This is embarrassing. Dishonesty and lying are not appealing characteristics in a poster.

Paperbook copy
pg.VII

and like I said, clearly that person was WRONG! perhaps he wasn't giving the American voter enough credit for being able to read and understand what Obama meant.

swing voters aren't going to make up for the amount of new registered voters... and more dems are registering the REpubs.

I heard it on the tape. His words, his voice.

you keep saying you heard it on the tape... do you OWN this tape or are you talking about the youtube providing in the first post?

I listened/watched the video... it's clips and snippets taken out of context and cut mid-sentence to get the desired result.

willow, I'm not sure why I thought you were smarter than that. It's clear you're a dumbfuck.

I googled this comment and the only thing I came up with was some reference to Steven Cokely, an aide to the mayor of Chicago, who in 1989 who said this.

Jeremiah Wright and Black Conspiracy Theories

the black community unfortunately is much more inclined to believe the government is against them simply based on their treatment historically by that government.

It doesn't make anymore sense than the whites who believe they've been abducted by aliens or had encounters with ghosts.

perhaps you should try to find FACTS before you make yourself look even more pathetic and stupid than you already do... if that's even possible.

and like I said, clearly that person was WRONG! perhaps he wasn't giving the American voter enough credit for being able to read and understand what Obama meant.

swing voters aren't going to make up for the amount of new registered voters... and more dems are registering the REpubs.

During college, Obama disapproved of what he called other “half-breeds” who gravitated toward whites instead of blacks. And yet after college, he once fell in love with a white woman, only to push her away when he concluded he would have to assimilate into her world, not the other way around. He later married a black woman.

There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

“To admit our doubt and confusion to whites, to open up our psyches to general examination by those who had caused so much of the damage in the first place, seemed ludicrous, itself an expression of self-hatred,” he wrote.

The emotion between the races could never be pure,” he laments in “Dreams.” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

“That hate hadn't gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

He wrote in “Dreams” that the revelation caused “ugly words to flash across my mind. Uncle Tom. Collaborator. House ******.”

These are from the Examiner article...
You can start showing context for these comments, I will provide more tommorow for you if you would like?

ok and?

he struggled with being half-white/half-black... is that a shock to you? He didn't grow up in 2008 where mixed race couple and mixed race children are common place these days.

Society looked at him as a black man.... he was expected to act like a black man and if he didn't act "black enough" he was outcast by blacks. It seems to have been a problem he had early in his campaign in fact...where he was mistrusted by the black community because they weren't sure he was "black enough" to truly represent them.

He can't win for losing this argument either way.

If he had gravitated towards whites he'd been seen as a traitor to his black history...but since he gravitated towards blacks he's a racist who hates whites.

It's utter bullshit and I think somewhere in that black hole you call a heart, you know it.

you keep saying you heard it on the tape... do you OWN this tape or are you talking about the youtube providing in the first post?

I listened/watched the video... it's clips and snippets taken out of context and cut mid-sentence to get the desired result.

willow, I'm not sure why I thought you were smarter than that. It's clear you're a dumbfuck.

I googled this comment and the only thing I came up with was some reference to Steven Cokely, an aide to the mayor of Chicago, who in 1989 who said this.

Jeremiah Wright and Black Conspiracy Theories

the black community unfortunately is much more inclined to believe the government is against them simply based on their treatment historically by that government.

It doesn't make anymore sense than the whites who believe they've been abducted by aliens or had encounters with ghosts.

perhaps you should try to find FACTS before you make yourself look even more pathetic and stupid than you already do... if that's even possible.

okay asswipe, it's clear you cannot tell me what he meant by that so stop stuttering, you are making yourself look dumb.

okay asswipe, it's clear you cannot tell me what he meant by that so stop stuttering, you are making yourself look dumb.

well asswipe YOU can't provide me with an unedited version of him saying it.. so without the context of what he's saying how the fuck would I know what he meant? is he repeating something someone else said and in the next second refuting it? is he himself saying he believes it? I wouldn't know UNLESS I hear the tape unedited...unlike you, I won't make a snap judgement based on a snippet that someone cobbled together to give the result they were looking for.

if you can provide the statement in it's entirety I'll gladly try to tell you what I THINK he means. Until then... you're just being a stupid fuck.

Forum List

Back