CDZ why not trust a teacher with a gun?

However, a taser or paintball gun with mace would be a lot less lethal, and accidents wouldn't result in the death of a child.

How many children have been shot by teachers?

Obviously not enough have been.

Funny,! Do you do stand-up at funerals?

You disagree? So you don't mind several more kids getting killed while everybody waits around for 'the appropriate govt. authorities to show up n stuff' like good little boys n girls, when the option of an armed teacher is available ... Okay.

No. You comment was a poor attempt at humor or you need psychiatric help. Saying not enough kids have been killed is simply wrong, and just crazy.

No, you're just trying to be a clever troll and aren't bright enough to pull it off. A teacher shooting those shooters right off the bat would have saved a lot of lives, but you're opposed to that; it's you who needs help.

teachers with guns in school are ok with me but man , teachers are an unhinged group of people . Do you remember a few months ago some TEACHER looked himself in a school room . locked everybody out and then shot a hole in a school window Picaro .

Teachers are people too remember that. People that get mad, get sad, have bad days, etc. Scenario If a teacher is at risk of being fired for any reason and wants to lash out with violence, that puts the students at risk too. Just imagine an unstable man teaching a class. No one knows he's unstable and unhappy until he puts a gun to his head and murders himself in front of the entire class. People wait for things like this to happen in order to deem it a mistake.

So, how many times has that happened?

You are grasping at straws because you simply have no valid argument.

Try again. That was a total bust!

Actually, there has been an incident where a teacher committed suicide in school with a gun. Granted, no kids saw him kill himself, but he still killed himself at school with a gun.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...s-himself-in-classroom-at-georgia-high-school

So you think because of this one event, no teachers should ever be armed? That's just weird. Why not just do away with schools? Won't that work better?

teachers with guns in school are ok with me but man , teachers are an unhinged group of people . Do you remember a few months ago some TEACHER looked himself in a school room . locked everybody out and then shot a hole in a school window Picaro .

True, but statistically meaningless. Nothing is going to work 100%, and nobody should ever claim anything will, short of just doing away with schools; homeschooling does work better, but too many are not equipped and capable enough to do it successfully.

Not many will arm themselves, and some are more moderate than others. They would need screening, most definitely. The PC idiots won't be stepping up to carry them, imo. I prefer the police sub-station idea where ever that is possible. It would be much better if we got rid of Democrats and 'progressives' and all the other other deviants, as per Thomas Jefferson's suggestions, and go back to what we know worked the best, the traditional cultural principles, but in the meantime we need other defenses.

You know, I've done quite a bit of thinking about this, and have spent a great deal of talking with my roomie, and here's the solution we came up with.

Arm ALL teachers with either police grade tasers capable of shooting accurately up to 35 ft, as well as can fire up to 4 darts before needing to be reloaded, or, with an interesting little paintball gun that I saw on a documentary a few weeks back. The paintball gun is CO2 powered, and the paintballs are filled with mace. They also can fire up to 100 ft. accurately.

Why do I suggest these measures instead of a gun? Because I don't know if the teachers are going to be able to handle the responsibility. There have been many stories over the past few years where teachers have accidentally shot themselves in school with their guns.

And, there is the fact that most of these school shooters are counting on being killed. If a teacher has a gun, then the shooter has probably a 90 percent chance of being killed and not able to stand trial. If they are taken down with mace balls and tasers? They won't be killed, and can also be held to account for their actions.

Would also be a lot safer for all involved. I mean, which school are you going to attack, one where maybe 2 or 3 teachers might be armed, but you might still have a good chance to kill a bunch of people before they get to that area of the school, or a school where EVERY teacher is armed with a taser or mace gun?

Because I don't know if the teachers are going to be able to handle the responsibility.

Except teachers in about 14 states are already carrying guns......

Yeah, but ... but ... there was this one guy who did something, so it's no good! ....

True, but statistically meaningless. Nothing is going to work 100%, and nobody should ever claim anything will, short of just doing away with schools; homeschooling does work better, but too many are not equipped and capable enough to do it successfully.

Not many will arm themselves, and some are more moderate than others. They would need screening, most definitely. The PC idiots won't be stepping up to carry them, imo. I prefer the police sub-station idea where ever that is possible. It would be much better if we got rid of Democrats and 'progressives' and all the other other deviants, as per Thomas Jefferson's suggestions, and go back to what we know worked the best, the traditional cultural principles, but in the meantime we need other defenses.

Police sub-station? Let's just look at the last two school districts where I worked to see if your plan would work.

You want a police substation in a county high school that sits next door to the middle school and leave the rest of the county without any police coverage? Never mind that there are 5 elementary schools across the county as well and an entire independent school district in the other end of the county. Only one school has a police department other than the county sheriff. BTW, the Sheriff's wife was our receptionist.

You want a police substation in the county high school and in the seven K-8 schools spread around the county? You just had to triple the size of your police force to put one police officer in each substation, and still have left no one else to cover the county?

You obviously have not thought this through with any facts or figures Your idea is worthless as teats on a boar hog.

How many children have been shot by teachers?

Obviously not enough have been.

Funny,! Do you do stand-up at funerals?

You disagree? So you don't mind several more kids getting killed while everybody waits around for 'the appropriate govt. authorities to show up n stuff' like good little boys n girls, when the option of an armed teacher is available ... Okay.

No. You comment was a poor attempt at humor or you need psychiatric help. Saying not enough kids have been killed is simply wrong, and just crazy.

No, you're just trying to be a clever troll and aren't bright enough to pull it off. A teacher shooting those shooters right off the bat would have saved a lot of lives, but you're opposed to that; it's you who needs help.

You need to review the thread. I am the one saying that arming teachers is the easy way to stop these school shootings. You are confused. Try again.

Police sub-station? Let's just look at the last two school districts where I worked to see if your plan would work.

You want a police substation in a county high school that sits next door to the middle school and leave the rest of the county without any police coverage? Never mind that there are 5 elementary schools across the county as well and an entire independent school district in the other end of the county. Only one school has a police department other than the county sheriff. BTW, the Sheriff's wife was our receptionist.

You want a police substation in the county high school and in the seven K-8 schools spread around the county? You just had to triple the size of your police force to put one police officer in each substation, and still have left no one else to cover the county?

You obviously have not thought this through with any facts or figures Your idea is worthless as teats on a boar hog.

Never said it works everywhere, but of course you need strawmen in order to try and troll, and as usual you're not bright enough to pull it off. You then throw in some rubbish anecdotes as filler, about who your secretary was and other pointless junk. Why not also tell us what her favorite soap opera was, too?

Never said it works everywhere, but of course you need strawmen in order to try and troll, and as usual you're not bright enough to pull it off. You then throw in some rubbish anecdotes as filler, about who your secretary was and other pointless junk. Why not also tell us what her favorite soap opera was, too?

You don't get it. You IDEA works almost nowhere. We had a shopping mall that was constantly catering to the criminals from the neighborhoods and the police built a substation there. Now the mall is a ghost town and the police watch each other all day.

You don't get it. You IDEA works almost nowhere. We had a shopping mall that was constantly catering to the criminals from the neighborhoods and the police built a substation there. Now the mall is a ghost town and the police watch each other all day.

My idea works almost everywhere they use it, which is why you got nothing but your dumbass anecdotal stories.

lol malls??? Malls went into decline decades ago; what are they supposed to have to do with public schools?

Because it would introduce more firearms into the school, greatly increasing the amount of times that guns are fired accidentally, or that guns are taken from teachers, or (God forbid) teachers themselves using them against students or others. I would rather keep the amount of firearms in a school to a minimum.

Also, it would encourage them to stay and engage in a shootout, rather than run. Responding police could then be confronted with much more complex situations, and I really don't want to read a story one day of a cop gunning down an armed teacher.

My idea works almost everywhere they use it, which is why you got nothing but your dumbass anecdotal stories.

lol malls??? Malls went into decline decades ago; what are they supposed to have to do with public schools?

You will never be accused of being very bright.

No, your idea is probably limited to a few percentages of public schools. Unlike you, I live in the real world and not downtown NY where they have so many schools they just number them instead of giving them actual names.

Because it would introduce more firearms into the school, greatly increasing the amount of times that guns are fired accidentally, or that guns are taken from teachers, or (God forbid) teachers themselves using them against students or others. I would rather keep the amount of firearms in a school to a minimum.

Also, it would encourage them to stay and engage in a shootout, rather than run. Responding police could then be confronted with much more complex situations, and I really don't want to read a story one day of a cop gunning down an armed teacher.

This same old tired line has been trotted out so many times by ignoramuses like you. Have you no ability to think logically and see how the things you imagine just do not happen, ever?

A quick Google search will show you of a teacher firing off a gun by accident in class, and there's a fairly robust collection of student-teacher beatdowns on YouTube. Feel free to speculate on how any of them would turn out if the teacher involved had a firearm.

As for the other two, we don't see teachers going on shooting sprees or cops shooting responding teachers yet, because we don't have a lot of armed teachers yet.

you trust them with your kid's MINDS, which makes ALL teachers FAR more dangerous to you and the future than the occasional nutjob might be with a gun.

Has a teacher never had anything stolen from them by a student?

And yet 14 states already allow districts to arm teachers....so nothing you are afraid of has happened in all the years that those states have allowed armed teachers...

We heard the same thing for people owning guns. We heard the same thing when people started passing concealed carry laws......every time we are told that when people own and carry guns, blood runs in the streets...it does not happen.....

And we have already had armed citizens at the sites of mass public shootings, armed robberies, car jackings and other violent situations, and they haven't been shot by the responding police....

you trust them with your kid's MINDS, which makes ALL teachers FAR more dangerous to you and the future than the occasional nutjob might be with a gun.

I trusted a doctor to repair my ACL after that hockey mishap. Surgery and recovery went very well.

We just didn't trust her to play defense for the team though while I was recovering. She would have been a bit of a liability.

On the more straightforward end, some people are good at some things and not others. The people teaching my kids are good at handling a room of kids and teaching most of them something in a fairly Politically Correct way. Can they handle a gun?

Honestly I amaze myself sometime with my attention to detail and absentmindedness. Would I want to keep a gun handy yet secure around a bunch of teens?

I'm willing to stand up and pay to put armed resource officers at every school entrance while any event is going on at the school. Is the NRA?

I trusted a doctor to repair my ACL after that hockey mishap. Surgery and recovery went very well.

We just didn't trust her to play defense for the team though while I was recovering. She would have been a bit of a liability.

On the more straightforward end, some people are good at some things and not others. The people teaching my kids are good at handling a room of kids and teaching most of them something in a fairly Politically Correct way. Can they handle a gun?

Honestly I amaze myself sometime with my attention to detail and absentmindedness. Would I want to keep a gun handy yet secure around a bunch of teens?

I'm willing to stand up and pay to put armed resource officers at every school entrance while any event is going on at the school. Is the NRA?

The NRA has actually paid for security assessments at schools..

The NRA's School Shield Program: What Exactly Is It and How Does It Work

“Any American school that needs immediate professional consultation and help with organizing and defining these solutions should call the National Rifle Association's School Shield program,” LaPierre said, offering the service free of charge for any school in the U.S.

“I'll tell you this, that's more than anybody at the Democratic National Committee or NBC News or The Washington Post is offering.”

So what is the School Shield program?
The NRA's School Shield Task Force was introduced in December 2012 following the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School with the goal of improving school security and preventing future school shootings in the U.S.

Former Congressman and Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson led a group of independent security experts — including a former director of the U.S. Secret Service and a former Homeland Security chief — who visited schools across the U.S. to develop a plan to improve school safety strategies in schools nationwide.

In April 2013, the NRA published a report with the findings of the task force's initial investigation, along with eight recommendations on best practices for school security.

Those recommendations included implementing a model training program that would teach school resources officers how to respond in crisis situations, a proposal to change state laws where necessary so that a “selected school staff member” would be allowed to carry firearms in schools, the creation of a pilot program on “threat assessment and mental health,” and tougher requirements for schools on safety measures, among others.

“Any American school that needs immediate professional consultation and help with organizing and defining these solutions should call the National Rifle Association's School Shield program,” LaPierre said, offering the service free of charge for any school in the U.S.

“I'll tell you this, that's more than anybody at the Democratic National Committee or NBC News or The Washington Post is offering.”

The NRA's School Shield Task Force was introduced in December 2012 following the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School with the goal of improving school security and preventing future school shootings in the U.S.

Former Congressman and Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson led a group of independent security experts — including a former director of the U.S. Secret Service and a former Homeland Security chief — who visited schools across the U.S. to develop a plan to improve school safety strategies in schools nationwide.

In April 2013, the NRA published a report with the findings of the task force's initial investigation, along with eight recommendations on best practices for school security.

Those recommendations included implementing a model training program that would teach school resources officers how to respond in crisis situations, a proposal to change state laws where necessary so that a “selected school staff member” would be allowed to carry firearms in schools, the creation of a pilot program on “threat assessment and mental health,” and tougher requirements for schools on safety measures, among others.

Cool. Heck, What would be the estimate cost of just plain putting two armed guards and metal detectors at every entrance to every school. I'm up for paying for that. More guns, they gotta be fore it.

We can have a random janitor or staffer with a gun in the school or we can do this right. Pawning off school security to that 29 year old Education Major gal who is busy trying to figure out how to dye her first couple greys on her ever shortening hair blonde just isn't something I wanna do.

Cool. Heck, What would be the estimate cost of just plain putting two armed guards and metal detectors at every entrance to every school. I'm up for paying for that. More guns, they gotta be fore it.

We can have a random janitor or staffer with a gun in the school or we can do this right. Pawning off school security to that 29 year old Education Major gal who is busy trying to figure out how to dye her first couple greys on her ever shortening hair blonde just isn't something I wanna do.

Theses school districts have training programs that you have to pass before you can carry as a staff member.....

Forum List

Back