CDZ why not trust a teacher with a gun?

abrere

May 28, 2018
you trust them with your kid's MINDS, which makes ALL teachers FAR more dangerous to you and the future than the occasional nutjob might be with a gun.

You know, I've done quite a bit of thinking about this, and have spent a great deal of talking with my roomie, and here's the solution we came up with.

Arm ALL teachers with either police grade tasers capable of shooting accurately up to 35 ft, as well as can fire up to 4 darts before needing to be reloaded, or, with an interesting little paintball gun that I saw on a documentary a few weeks back. The paintball gun is CO2 powered, and the paintballs are filled with mace. They also can fire up to 100 ft. accurately.

Why do I suggest these measures instead of a gun? Because I don't know if the teachers are going to be able to handle the responsibility. There have been many stories over the past few years where teachers have accidentally shot themselves in school with their guns.

And, there is the fact that most of these school shooters are counting on being killed. If a teacher has a gun, then the shooter has probably a 90 percent chance of being killed and not able to stand trial. If they are taken down with mace balls and tasers? They won't be killed, and can also be held to account for their actions.

Would also be a lot safer for all involved. I mean, which school are you going to attack, one where maybe 2 or 3 teachers might be armed, but you might still have a good chance to kill a bunch of people before they get to that area of the school, or a school where EVERY teacher is armed with a taser or mace gun?

You know, I've done quite a bit of thinking about this, and have spent a great deal of talking with my roomie, and here's the solution we came up with.

Arm ALL teachers with either police grade tasers capable of shooting accurately up to 35 ft, as well as can fire up to 4 darts before needing to be reloaded, or, with an interesting little paintball gun that I saw on a documentary a few weeks back. The paintball gun is CO2 powered, and the paintballs are filled with mace. They also can fire up to 100 ft. accurately.

Why do I suggest these measures instead of a gun? Because I don't know if the teachers are going to be able to handle the responsibility. There have been many stories over the past few years where teachers have accidentally shot themselves in school with their guns.

And, there is the fact that most of these school shooters are counting on being killed. If a teacher has a gun, then the shooter has probably a 90 percent chance of being killed and not able to stand trial. If they are taken down with mace balls and tasers? They won't be killed, and can also be held to account for their actions.

Would also be a lot safer for all involved. I mean, which school are you going to attack, one where maybe 2 or 3 teachers might be armed, but you might still have a good chance to kill a bunch of people before they get to that area of the school, or a school where EVERY teacher is armed with a taser or mace gun?

Especially since highly trained LE shoot themselves and bystanders so often. And, can't remember the % they actually hit what they're aiming at but its something like a third.

Utterly stupid to arm teachers.

I have several air tasers around the house and in the car. They are also stun guns so you can take out more than one target.

We have guns as well but they certainly would not be the first thing I'd reach for.

Especially since highly trained LE shoot themselves and bystanders so often. And, can't remember the % they actually hit what they're aiming at but its something like a third.

Utterly stupid to arm teachers.

I have several air tasers around the house and in the car. They are also stun guns so you can take out more than one target.

We have guns as well but they certainly would not be the first thing I'd reach for.

You know, VICE News does extended segments on Friday showings, and two of them were on police training, as well as the lack of it. Police aren't trained very well, and what is considered "valid" training really isn't. I know that the training I went through for Security Force in the Navy was pretty extensive, and we drilled at least once a month out on the gun range.

We were also taught ammo control. Out on the range, they had various stations set up, firing out of a window, firing around a doorway, shooting over a wall, etc. And, we had set limits for how many rounds hit each target, and we never fired more than 3 shots at any one station. Use too many rounds on the first targets, and you run out of ammo for the last ones.

If the Gunny had ever seen one of us empty an entire clip on one target with rapid fire? He would have skinned us alive and kicked us off the force.

you trust them with your kid's MINDS, which makes ALL teachers FAR more dangerous to you and the future than the occasional nutjob might be with a gun.
You conservatives we always pissing and moaning about public education and now suddenly you trust them enough to arm them?

You conservatives we always pissing and moaning about public education and now suddenly you trust them enough to arm them?

Sure, it's not the teachers we don't trust, it's the effing teacher's unions.

In most of the school shootings I've read about, there are many stories of hero teachers who shielded their students from harm at their own peril. Some of them got shot and some even got killed protecting the kids, so damn right I'd give them a gun if they want one and are willing to get the proper training in how and when to use it.

It would be safer and wouldn't require as much training if they gave them mace paintball guns or police grade tasers.

And, there would also be a better chance of taking the shooter alive and finding out why he did it, rather than try to piece together his motive from social media and their devices.

Most teachers don't want to be armed, and of those who do only a small percentage would be fit for it.

Lots of bad jokes among teachers over all this.

Most teachers don't want to be armed, and of those who do only a small percentage would be fit for it.

A lot of teachers would be more comfortable with tasers and mace filled paintball guns than they would with an actual firearm.

A lot of teachers would be more comfortable with tasers and mace filled paintball guns than they would with an actual firearm.

Most teachers don't want any part of either one, and wouldn't be suited for it anyway.

Most teachers don't want any part of either one, and wouldn't be suited for it anyway.

However, a taser or paintball gun with mace would be a lot less lethal, and accidents wouldn't result in the death of a child.

However, a taser or paintball gun with mace would be a lot less lethal, and accidents wouldn't result in the death of a child.

Doesn't much matter if most teachers would reject the idea.

About arming teachers -

Remembering back to Arpaio and his "posse"

And don't expect the right to ever EVER agree to pay teachers a living wage. IOW, take a bullet for their kid.

They want teachers to carry guns but still expect them to pay for supplies for kids other than their own.

Just saw a News story about a Black guy who was the Dean at a High School who shot a student who was working for him selling Pot to the other kids in the School he was Dean. There is one reason.

Teachers are mostly Snowflakes and morons, so no, don't arm that assortment of neurotic commies and deviants.

Some cities are already doing the best thing, which is make schools the local police stations; almost all schools have the space for a local police 'community' station, no need for the patrol officers to have to go downtown or wherever when they can just report directly to their local community station, which all depts. have now already; several police cars in the lot, along with officers around 24/7, is a very good deterrent, and costs nothing extra for taxpayers to boot.

Already been at least two threads on this in the CDZ. Merge this with those.

Teachers are mostly Snowflakes and morons, so no, don't arm that assortment of neurotic commies and deviants.

Some cities are already doing the best thing, which is make schools the local police stations; almost all schools have the space for a local police 'community' station, no need for the patrol officers to have to go downtown or wherever when they can just report directly to their local community station, which all depts. have now already; several police cars in the lot, along with officers around 24/7, is a very good deterrent, and costs nothing extra for taxpayers to boot.

A lot of insecurity here.

A lot of insecurity here.

What's 'insecure' about making schools police sub-stations? It's already working fine in some cities.

Build an electronic device into guns that can be deactivated by any police department, with detectors at all entrances of schools, malls, etc that automatically deactivate the weapon. You try to disable the electronics you lose the gun and the ability to buy one for 2 years.

We have the technology, we can make guns better...better, stronger, faster. For a lot less than Six Million Dollars.

Absolutely unnecessary.

Children are far more likely to be shot by a gun in their home than by a school shooter.

Go upstream. Fortified schools are unnecessary if the issues that enable shooters are addressed.

Forum List

Back