CDZ why not trust a teacher with a gun?

you trust them with your kid's MINDS, which makes ALL teachers FAR more dangerous to you and the future than the occasional nutjob might be with a gun.
You conservatives we always pissing and moaning about public education and now suddenly you trust them enough to arm them?

Sure, it's not the teachers we don't trust, it's the effing teacher's unions.

In most of the school shootings I've read about, there are many stories of hero teachers who shielded their students from harm at their own peril. Some of them got shot and some even got killed protecting the kids, so damn right I'd give them a gun if they want one and are willing to get the proper training in how and when to use it.
The teacher's union is made up of teachers.

and what "issues' are those, hmm?

right, and HOW are you going to FORCE everyone to give up their existing guns, or install this smart chip, which nobody trusts or wants in their gun? CAuse almost nobody is going to do so voluntarily. We'd have a Nazi germany or Stalin's russia here within 5 years of us not being able to shoot cops and politicians, guaranteed. Our guns are the only reason it hasn't happened 50 years or more ago.

i'd go to war with govt before I'd give up my guns, much less let them control whether or not my gun would fire. Gov'ts untrustworthiness is is the main reason I have guns and is nearly the only reason that I've trained myself to the level of speed and accuracy that I have. Hunting or stopping punks is easy. Taking on SWAT teams is not.

you trust them with your kid's MINDS, which makes ALL teachers FAR more dangerous to you and the future than the occasional nutjob might be with a gun.
You conservatives we always pissing and moaning about public education and now suddenly you trust them enough to arm them?

In most of the school shootings I've read about, there are many stories of hero teachers who shielded their students from harm at their own peril. Some of them got shot and some even got killed protecting the kids, so damn right I'd give them a gun if they want one and are willing to get the proper training in how and when to use it.

NO!!! Really??? I'll be damned. I'm guessing there are a bunch of people running those unions that are not teachers, and I'm also guessing they're more interested in their own well-being over that of the teachers as well as the kids they teach. And I'm also thinking those union management types get paid a lot more than the teachers do.

It would be safer and wouldn't require as much training if they gave them mace paintball guns or police grade tasers.

And, there would also be a better chance of taking the shooter alive and finding out why he did it, rather than try to piece together his motive from social media and their devices.

Mace works on everyone, not just the target. Tasers sometimes don't work. I can easily defeat a taser with heavy clothing and if I am wearing any semblance of body armor, it won't work.

Mod Edit -- Not CDZ compliant content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teachers are mostly Snowflakes and morons, so no, don't arm that assortment of neurotic commies and deviants.

Some cities are already doing the best thing, which is make schools the local police stations; almost all schools have the space for a local police 'community' station, no need for the patrol officers to have to go downtown or wherever when they can just report directly to their local community station, which all depts. have now already; several police cars in the lot, along with officers around 24/7, is a very good deterrent, and costs nothing extra for taxpayers to boot.

Already been at least two threads on this in the CDZ. Merge this with those.

They are called school resource officers and are already in the schools around the country. We had them in 1996.

Amazing how the simplest concepts go over people's heads, isn't it?

Teachers are mostly Snowflakes and morons, so no, don't arm that assortment of neurotic commies and deviants.

Some cities are already doing the best thing, which is make schools the local police stations; almost all schools have the space for a local police 'community' station, no need for the patrol officers to have to go downtown or wherever when they can just report directly to their local community station, which all depts. have now already; several police cars in the lot, along with officers around 24/7, is a very good deterrent, and costs nothing extra for taxpayers to boot.

Already been at least two threads on this in the CDZ. Merge this with those.

They are called school resource officers and are already in the schools around the country. We had them in 1996.

Not talking about those, I'm talking about having the police using the schools as the neighborhood sub-stations for the patrol officers. They do it in some of the cities here in the high crime areas, and it cuts way down on the violence.

Black gangs used to do school shootings all the time, they are the first to make it a thing, and the media didn't care about them then; one of the responses was the police sub-station tactic. Worked wonders in deterrence.

A lot of teachers would be more comfortable with tasers and mace filled paintball guns than they would with an actual firearm.

No teacher who isn't comfortable with firearms should be forced to carry.

Most teachers don't want to be armed, and of those who do only a small percentage would be fit for it.

Lots of bad jokes among teachers over all this.

A lot of teachers would be more comfortable with tasers and mace filled paintball guns than they would with an actual firearm.

Most teachers don't want any part of either one, and wouldn't be suited for it anyway.

However, a taser or paintball gun with mace would be a lot less lethal, and accidents wouldn't result in the death of a child.

How many children have been shot by teachers?

Teachers are people too remember that. People that get mad, get sad, have bad days, etc. Scenario If a teacher is at risk of being fired for any reason and wants to lash out with violence, that puts the students at risk too. Just imagine an unstable man teaching a class. No one knows he's unstable and unhappy until he puts a gun to his head and murders himself in front of the entire class. People wait for things like this to happen in order to deem it a mistake.

Teachers are people too remember that. People that get mad, get sad, have bad days, etc. Scenario If a teacher is at risk of being fired for any reason and wants to lash out with violence, that puts the students at risk too. Just imagine an unstable man teaching a class. No one knows he's unstable and unhappy until he puts a gun to his head and murders himself in front of the entire class. People wait for things like this to happen in order to deem it a mistake.

So, how many times has that happened?

You are grasping at straws because you simply have no valid argument.

Try again. That was a total bust!

To ignore that as a possibility Mr Admiral is reckless. New things happen every day. You of all people know bullets have no name on them. If a teacher is trying to defend her students from an active shooter and accidentally shoots a staff member, child or even themselves... who is at fault? Why can't the police force be used to protect our community including our schools. It sounds like someone wants to be cheap and its dangerous.

To ignore that as a possibility Mr Admiral is reckless. New things happen every day. You of all people know bullets have no name on them. If a teacher is trying to defend her students from an active shooter and accidentally shoots a staff member, child or even themselves... who is at fault? Why can't the police force be used to protect our community including our schools. It sounds like someone wants to be cheap and its dangerous.

I also know I have been around guns all of my life. Not a single one has ever shot anyone of their own accord. I also have been around teachers for the vast majority of my life and they are one of the few segments of society that I can say are reasonably stable.

That situation has not and likely will not happen with proper training. Why do amateurs like yourself propose to say what is best when you have no clue as to the environment of schools and how students can be best protected.

Arming just a few teachers with experience and training makes sense. Not doing so is kicking the can down the road until the next shooting.

In the Indiana school shooting, if the teacher had been armed, perhaps he would not have been shot three times, and a student would not have been shot by the gunman.

Most teachers don't want to be armed, and of those who do only a small percentage would be fit for it.

Most teachers don't want any part of either one, and wouldn't be suited for it anyway.

However, a taser or paintball gun with mace would be a lot less lethal, and accidents wouldn't result in the death of a child.

Obviously not enough have been.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Arming teachers doesn't solve the problem of people being able to waltz into a school with guns.

I really don't care if teachers are armed or not but it still doesn't stop a person from getting into a school and shooting. It's a reactionary response.
IMO preventing people from walking into a school with guns should be the first step

Funny,! Do you do stand-up at funerals?

Arming teachers doesn't solve the problem of people being able to waltz into a school with guns.

I really don't care if teachers are armed or not but it still doesn't stop a person from getting into a school and shooting. It's a reactionary response.
IMO preventing people from walking into a school with guns should be the first step

People won't go into schools if they know teachers are armed. It is the idea of a gun-free or almost gun free zone that attracts school shooters. Remember, most school shooters are students. If they know teachers have access to guns, they likely will go somewhere else. You don't die a martyr by getting blown away before you can get off a shot. Look how little media coverage the school shootings in KY, IN, and OH got this year because the death toll was minor or non-existent and the shooter was captured alive or was dead when they hit the ground..

Can you name any of those shooters like you can others?

Forum List

Back