Why not a huge tax cut for the middle class

They lowered the corporate tax rate without removing the government gifts in the corporate tax code which made the rates so high to begin with.

Guess where the difference is going to come from, suckers? Your ass.

You know what all those countries which have a lower corporate tax rate than us also have?

A VAT.

They take the difference of the low corporate tax rate out of the people's asses with a VAT.

Go ahead. Take a look!

Ireland, you say? 15 percent corporate tax rate, you say? Yeah! They also have a 23% VAT!!!

That's why the House Ways and Means is saying we will probably end up with a BAT to pay for the corporate tax cuts, instead of taking out all those government gifts they have in the tax code to pay for it.

Stop sucking the cock which just raped you in the ass.

What is "the Middle class"?

Define it. Otherwise it's meaningless.

Oy vey, not the "please define words for me" distraction.
It is not a distraction it is a real issue. Definitions matter. When ever I write what is called a self contained report I must not only define key terms but also site where the definition comes from. When dealing with math, answers can vary greatly dependant on definitions. In order for others to recreate my work to check it's conclusions, they need to be using the same definitions to get an accurrate comparisons with my conclusions. That being said I do not think that comments on this board are held to the same scrutney that a scientific paper is held to. The sad thing is, we do not even know what the true effects of any given bill will be until it has went to court several times and the court decides which definitions to use as a market standard. The fucks writing the laws do not know it's true effect's for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not theiur fault it is a limiter of our government system, one that can not be changed unless we abandon the checks and balances built into democracy!

Bend over and spread your cheeks, suckers.

No tax reform without border adjustment tax, Rep. Nunes says

"If people wanted to drop the corporate rate from 35 to say 33, 32, maybe 30, we could probably do it. But if you go back to several years that we looked at doing just that, the goal was to get to 25 percent, and by the time every lobbyist, every special interest group in town, representing every major corporation in this country, the tax rate was automatically all the way back above 30 by the time you put everybody's special loophole in."

Bend over and spread your cheeks, suckers.

No tax reform without border adjustment tax, Rep. Nunes says

"If people wanted to drop the corporate rate from 35 to say 33, 32, maybe 30, we could probably do it. But if you go back to several years that we looked at doing just that, the goal was to get to 25 percent, and by the time every lobbyist, every special interest group in town, representing every major corporation in this country, the tax rate was automatically all the way back above 30 by the time you put everybody's special loophole in."
The gop tax cut has nothing to do with reform. The weird irony is the gop congress critters are passing this to give Trump a win, and it's precisely what he campaigned against, but he's all for it now ... because congress can pass something, anything ... OR perhaps just perhaps, he was LYING HIS BIGLY FAT WHITE ASS OFF ABOUT BEING FOR WORKERS LEFT BEHIND

What is "the Middle class"?

Define it. Otherwise it's meaningless.

Oy vey, not the "please define words for me" distraction.
It is not a distraction it is a real issue. Definitions matter. When ever I write what is called a self contained report I must not only define key terms but also site where the definition comes from. When dealing with math, answers can vary greatly dependant on definitions. In order for others to recreate my work to check it's conclusions, they need to be using the same definitions to get an accurrate comparisons with my conclusions. That being said I do not think that comments on this board are held to the same scrutney that a scientific paper is held to. The sad thing is, we do not even know what the true effects of any given bill will be until it has went to court several times and the court decides which definitions to use as a market standard. The fucks writing the laws do not know it's true effect's for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not theiur fault it is a limiter of our government system, one that can not be changed unless we abandon the checks and balances built into democracy!

Nah, thats a distraction thats used when someone cant answer a question or defend a position.

Whats a position?

See? Easy to move people off of the topic to make it into a pissing match between 2 people on definitions and semantics

When a VAT or a BAT is put on the table, the really fucking sad part is that the ignorant pseudocon rubes are going to blame liberals for it.

Stop living in ignorance. The "middle class" pay hardly any taxes at all. 45% of Americans PAY NOTHING IN FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

What about all the other taxes levied at the Federal Level? How much of those do the "middle class" pay?

What about all the unfunded liabilities? How much of that is the "middle class" on the hook for?

While we are all for a tax cut I find it questionable why the middle school tax cut isn't double what is in the bill. My daughter's taxes will increase some while others on each side go down. A sham. A lie. How about severely cutting middle class taxes?

The first and foremost error in assumptions here is that we tax based on class. This is simply a false paradigm that has been allowed to persist in the thinking of the general public for years. Our tax codes are based on earned incomes, not class. People earn incomes based on numerous variables and many of them are unrelated to social class. Some are related to education level or region of the country. Some are based on the nature of the work, if it's dangerous or highly demanded or specialized. Sometimes incomes are based on relative risks and odds. Sometimes, income is based on amount of time worked or number of jobs. In any event, there are no jobs where the rate of pay (income) is determined by the person's social class because we do not have a caste system in our country.

So what you are talking about are incomes which fall in the range of "average" or "median" in relation to all incomes earned. The problem with this dynamic is that incomes aren't of the same value nationwide. A person who earns $38k as a dishwasher in Los Angeles is probably not living a very high lifestyle but someone who is earning $38k as manager of a mobile home park in Pearl, MS, with his housing provided, is doing fairly well in his community. In both cases, the $38k income is treated the same as far as the tax code and neither person is paying very much (if any) Federal income tax.

When it comes to cutting taxes, we have to avoid looking at this from the false paradigm of class because the variables differ from person to person. You can be a multi-billionaire and only earn $38k income for the year... are you "middle class" because of that? We don't tax WEALTH... we tax INCOME.

I personally favor elimination of income tax altogether and replace it with a consumption tax instead. It should be obvious that "wealthy" people are going to spend more money consuming goods and services than anyone else in our society. Therefore, such a system would automatically put the bulk of the tax burden on those with the highest wealth, regardless of income earned. On the flip side, people who are poor are clipping coupons, doing without the finer things in life, stretching their budgets, buying clothes at the thrift stores... they naturally consume less and would pay the least amount of taxes under such a plan. It has even been proposed that we could implement a prebate program to offset the taxes on basic needs for poor people. In other words, their basic consumption wouldn't be taxed at all. But a consumption tax would be a much better and fairer way to collect the necessary taxes needed to fund the government. And it would eliminate the class warfare rhetoric once and for all.

While we are all for a tax cut I find it questionable why the middle school tax cut isn't double what is in the bill. My daughter's taxes will increase some while others on each side go down. A sham. A lie. How about severely cutting middle class taxes?
How do you know what your taxes will be the bill isn't even out of the senate yet?
If you are in the middle class the news is that you will pay less in taxes next year. PERIOD!!! if you make over one million dollars and you live in NY CA and other high tax states you may pay more but you will still do quite well when the growth rate hits 4% or higher. It's good all the way around.
If someone is telling you your middle class daughter and yourself will pay more they are misinforming you.

Sop you think handing money to the wealthy will boost the economy & help the Middle Class?

When has it in the past?

We have seen this before. The year 2000. We had a budget surplus. The CBO said if we contained on that path we would pay off our national debt. A conservatives wet dream?

Al Gore said yes?

Unfortunately, George W Bush said no & he & his band of asshole Republicans took us from that surplus to the worse recession in 80 years. Tax cuts Tax cuts Tax cuts. Deficits. unfunded spending.

Now you asswipes want to do it all over again.

'Republicans are too stupid to learn.

Stop living in ignorance. The "middle class" pay hardly any taxes at all. 45% of Americans PAY NOTHING IN FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

What about all the other taxes levied at the Federal Level? How much of those do the "middle class" pay?

What about all the unfunded liabilities? How much of that is the "middle class" on the hook for?

You are preaching to the choir. We are all overtaxed.

Starve the beast.

Starve the beast.

Actually I wasn't preaching, given that unlike most of the posters around here you posted something worthwhile on income taxes I was just wondering if you had any insight into the breakdown of who pays the other sources of federal revenue (Payroll taxes, excise, estate, etc...,).

.. I do however agree we are all overtaxed, especially when one considers what we get in return from the Federal Government for what we pay. ;)

Starve the beast.

Actually I wasn't preaching, given that unlike most of the posters around here you posted something worthwhile on income taxes I was just wondering if you had any insight into the breakdown of who pays the other sources of federal revenue (Payroll taxes, excise, estate, etc...,).

.. I do however agree we are all overtaxed, especially when one considers what we get in return from the Federal Government for what we pay. ;)

Here is a breakdown of the sources of Federal income....we tax the fuck out of income!

9-5-17tax-f1.png

Income tax and payroll tax are over 80% of Federal receipts....

Starve the beast.

Here is a breakdown of the sources of Federal income....we tax the fuck out of income!

9-5-17tax-f1.png

I have the breakdown of federal revenue sources, I was looking for the breakdowns of what income levels pay those besides individual income tax.

Thanks though, I'm sure I can find it. ;)

Starve the beast.

9-5-17tax-f1.png

I have the breakdown of federal revenue sources, I was looking for the breakdowns of what income levels pay those besides individual income tax.

Thanks though, I'm sure I can find it. ;)

You should post it here when you find it....:thup:

Sop you think handing money to the wealthy will boost the economy & help the Middle Class?

When has it in the past?

We have seen this before. The year 2000. We had a budget surplus. The CBO said if we contained on that path we would pay off our national debt. A conservatives wet dream?

Al Gore said yes?

Unfortunately, George W Bush said no & he & his band of asshole Republicans took us from that surplus to the worse recession in 80 years. Tax cuts Tax cuts Tax cuts. Deficits. unfunded spending.

Now you asswipes want to do it all over again.

'Republicans are too stupid to learn.
When has it in the past?

Always. In fact, that is precisely the ONLY way it can work in a free market system. When wealthy people have more money to spend, they spend more money. When they spend more money, the middle class benefit. And it doesn't really matter HOW they spend it. Even if they don't directly spend it... like, if they just put it in a bank or invest it... the money still benefits the middle class who it is made available to in the form of loans.

Now.... We never had a surplus in 2000. That was a lie you were told by Democrats. It was based on a CBO estimate that never came true because of the DotCom bubble burst. If you don't believe me, go to www.taxpolicycenter.org/ and look at the official data for yourself. There is no year where our national debt decreased under Clinton. (i.e.; surplus) He came close in 2000, but still we ran a deficit and added to the national debt. AND... this was only close because of legislation passed under Bush Sr. which allowed the Social Security Trust Fund to be counted in the general budget. Take out the SSTF and our deficit would've been several billion higher.

No, the people "too stupid to learn" are people like you who ignore facts and data because you're too emotionally invested in the rhetoric of your failed political party.

The first and foremost error in assumptions here is that we tax based on class. This is simply a false paradigm that has been allowed to persist in the thinking of the general public for years. Our tax codes are based on earned incomes, not class. People earn incomes based on numerous variables and many of them are unrelated to social class. Some are related to education level or region of the country. Some are based on the nature of the work, if it's dangerous or highly demanded or specialized. Sometimes incomes are based on relative risks and odds. Sometimes, income is based on amount of time worked or number of jobs. In any event, there are no jobs where the rate of pay (income) is determined by the person's social class because we do not have a caste system in our country.

So what you are talking about are incomes which fall in the range of "average" or "median" in relation to all incomes earned. The problem with this dynamic is that incomes aren't of the same value nationwide. A person who earns $38k as a dishwasher in Los Angeles is probably not living a very high lifestyle but someone who is earning $38k as manager of a mobile home park in Pearl, MS, with his housing provided, is doing fairly well in his community. In both cases, the $38k income is treated the same as far as the tax code and neither person is paying very much (if any) Federal income tax.

When it comes to cutting taxes, we have to avoid looking at this from the false paradigm of class because the variables differ from person to person. You can be a multi-billionaire and only earn $38k income for the year... are you "middle class" because of that? We don't tax WEALTH... we tax INCOME.

I personally favor elimination of income tax altogether and replace it with a consumption tax instead. It should be obvious that "wealthy" people are going to spend more money consuming goods and services than anyone else in our society. Therefore, such a system would automatically put the bulk of the tax burden on those with the highest wealth, regardless of income earned. On the flip side, people who are poor are clipping coupons, doing without the finer things in life, stretching their budgets, buying clothes at the thrift stores... they naturally consume less and would pay the least amount of taxes under such a plan. It has even been proposed that we could implement a prebate program to offset the taxes on basic needs for poor people. In other words, their basic consumption wouldn't be taxed at all. But a consumption tax would be a much better and fairer way to collect the necessary taxes needed to fund the government. And it would eliminate the class warfare rhetoric once and for all.
Yet the more wealthy spend less a % of income on goods than do lesser earners. So, in effect, your plan would simply redistribute what little wealth is held by those of lesser means.

Forum List

Back